• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlocking T mobile boot loader

Search This thread

waternut13134

Oct 29, 2012
So im switching to tmobile from ATT and I was able to order a One Plus 7, However I just found out that the phone is locked down to tmobile which is fine, however I see tmobile version is always behind in updates. I saw that I can pay off the phone and unlock the bootloader, which I can then install the updates from One Plus website, However will unlocking my boot loader via Tmobile will that break the security which causes Netflix and such to be 480P?

justibasa

Feb 6, 2011
Elk Ridge, UT
So im switching to tmobile from ATT and I was able to order a One Plus 7, However I just found out that the phone is locked down to tmobile which is fine, however I see tmobile version is always behind in updates. I saw that I can pay off the phone and unlock the bootloader, which I can then install the updates from One Plus website, However will unlocking my boot loader via Tmobile will that break the security which causes Netflix and such to be 480P?
Unlocking the bootloader on any newer OnePlus phone takes Widevine from L1 to L3. Meaning no hd on Netflix. Doesn't matter if it's the TMobile 7 pro, or the one directly from OnePlus.

Reactions: Namolas

justibasa

Feb 6, 2011
Elk Ridge, UT
Thanks for the info, now if I ordered the phone directly from One Plus that comes with the bootloader unlocked would that also mean no HD on Netflix?
The difference with the bootloader unlock between the TMobile version, and the version from OnePlus is you don't have to Sim unlock the device directly from OnePlus. You can unlock the bootloader immediately after unboxing it.

With the TMobile version you have to get a sim unlock, and then apply for a bootloader unlock token from OnePlus which takes 7 days. After 7 days they send you an email with an unlock.bin.

waternut13134

Oct 29, 2012
Unlocking the bootloader on any newer OnePlus phone takes Widevine from L1 to L3. Meaning no hd on Netflix. Doesn't matter if it's the TMobile 7 pro, or the one directly from OnePlus.

Thanks for the info. My biggest thing is I am just hoping to get updates faster. From my understanding tmobile is always much slower with updates? Someone said OnePlus is already on the 2nd or 3rd update and tmobile only has the day one update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the info, now if I ordered the phone directly from One Plus that comes with the bootloader unlocked would that also mean no HD on Netflix?

All OnePlus phones sold are with locked bootloader. By unlocking any version you lose the HD compatibility with Netflix etc.