General Unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

Eastw1ng

Jan 5, 2014
Since there is no proper information about unlocking the bootloader for the newer versions of Oneplus Nord 2, this is how I got it to unlock and actually work.
For my system it did reset the device, clearing all the files and factory restoring the device, just make sure to make a backup before you do anything.

Just like any other post, no warranties or anything, this is all at your own risk.

1: Make sure to enable OEM unlocking and ADB Debugging in the developer options
1.1: To have these options, first go to About phone > Version
1.2: Keep tapping the "Build number" to unlock the developer options
1.3: Navigate back to settings and open Additional Settings. There you will find the Developer Options.

2: Install: Platform tools: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145690420
3: Install: MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM drivers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TPbW-v9-yOrzH15OaHmsPQad420mULeF/view
4: CMD to the root of the platform tools and use the command "adb reboot bootloader"
5: While in the weird tiny screen, validate that your device is there by typing "fastboot devices"
6: If so, type fastboot flashing unlock
7: Profit.

Hope this helps any other people searching for a proper way to do this.

Last edited:

meterpreter

Sep 6, 2021
OMG I spent hours searching for a working fastboot driver. Unlocked successfully! I owe you a beer man drop me your paypal :D

Reactions: Eastw1ng

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
Unlocking the bootloader requires two settings to be made in Android's Developer Options:
  • ADB Debugging
  • Allow OEM Unlock
@Eastw1ng, as obvious as this may be once you remember, unlocking the bootloader is something most people don't do very often - it might make sense to include that in the OP :)

Reactions: Eastw1ng

CapnRene

Sep 20, 2021
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I have a issue, Fastboot cant't find mobiledevice in win10. Adb commands working great. Debugging and oem unlock options enabled.
Tried:
1. different usb ports, cables and PC
2. Oneplus, Google and Mediatek USB drivers. With ADB or Bootloader interface.
3. Reinstalling PC USB drivers.

Am i missing out something?

HofaTheRipper

Apr 26, 2014
St. Veit an der Glan
I have a issue, Fastboot cant't find mobiledevice in win10. Adb commands working great. Debugging and oem unlock options enabled.
Tried:
1. different usb ports, cables and PC
2. Oneplus, Google and Mediatek USB drivers. With ADB or Bootloader interface.
3. Reinstalling PC USB drivers.

Am i missing out something?
use latest platform tools

Reactions: CapnRene

CapnRene

Sep 20, 2021
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
use latest platform tools

Hmmm, it worked, I think last one was ver. 30. Last year I downloaded "15 second ADB". It seems it made a mess in my ADB directories. Had to delete few folders and path from win10 Environment Variables. Made new folder and added new path.
I think it is last time when I use some kind "ADB installer".
I wonder if Android Studios didn't come with it automatically? Because I reinstalled that and it didn't work?(it might be that 15 sec installer messed up paths)

pankspoo

Account currently disabled
Hmmm, it worked, I think last one was ver. 30. Last year I downloaded "15 second ADB". It seems it made a mess in my ADB directories. Had to delete few folders and path from win10 Environment Variables. Made new folder and added new path.
I think it is last time when I use some kind "ADB installer".
I wonder if Android Studios didn't come with it automatically? Because I reinstalled that and it didn't work?(it might be that 15 sec installer messed up paths)
Can you tell me how to install these drivers I tried but still not detecting

CapnRene

Sep 20, 2021
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
You have same issue that adb is detecting phones but fastboot not?

There is no installer by google. You just replace files for updating.
For first make sure CMD doesn't find multiple locations for ADB. Type in CMD where adb. Be sure that it finds correct folder where is platform tools ver 31.0.3!
If it's wrong then you need insert new Path in system variables or changes whole folder where 'where adb' indcates. Also double check that oem unlocking is enabled in developer options on phone.

This is my CMD exaple:
X:\Users\XXX>where adb
X:\platform-tools\adb.exe

And system variables
1632768335823.png

Last edited:

pankspoo

For first make sure CMD doesn't find multiple locations for ADB. Type in CMD where adb. Be sure that it finds correct folder where is platform tools ver 31.0.3!
If it's wrong then you need insert new Path in system variables or changes whole folder where 'where adb' indcates. Also double check that oem unlocking is enabled in developer options on phone.

This is my CMD exaple:
C:\Users\Rene>where adb
C:\platform-tools\adb.exe

And system variables
View attachment 5420349
I have done all the things still it's not detecting but surprisingly it's detecting my old one plus 6 easily.
On another lappy where I . using zorin os ubuntu based os simple terminal commands installed android platform tool on Linux and I got easily detected Nord with same commands.
But anyway thanks

pankspoo

This is my CMD exaple:
C:\Users\Rene>where adb
C:\platform-tools\adb.exe

And system variables
View attachment 5420349
Can you tell me twrp given in another thread is working on oos11.3 v10 ?

Eastw1ng

Jan 5, 2014
I have done all the things still it's not detecting but surprisingly it's detecting my old one plus 6 easily.
On another lappy where I . using zorin os ubuntu based os simple terminal commands installed android platform tool on Linux and I got easily detected Nord with same commands.
But anyway thanks

Have you tried installing these "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM drivers"? Quite often it's a driver issue and you'll be able to see in the device manager if something's not properly loading the drivers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there is no proper information about unlocking the bootloader for the newer versions of Oneplus Nord 2, this is how I got it to unlock and actually work.
    For my system it did reset the device, clearing all the files and factory restoring the device, just make sure to make a backup before you do anything.

Just like any other post, no warranties or anything, this is all at your own risk.

1: Make sure to enable OEM unlocking and ADB Debugging in the developer options
    1.1: To have these options, first go to About phone > Version
    1.2: Keep tapping the "Build number" to unlock the developer options
    1.3: Navigate back to settings and open Additional Settings. There you will find the Developer Options.

2: Install: Platform tools: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145690420
    3: Install: MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM drivers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TPbW-v9-yOrzH15OaHmsPQad420mULeF/view
    4: CMD to the root of the platform tools and use the command "adb reboot bootloader"
    5: While in the weird tiny screen, validate that your device is there by typing "fastboot devices"
    6: If so, type fastboot flashing unlock
    7: Profit.

Hope this helps any other people searching for a proper way to do this.

This is my CMD exaple:
    X:\Users\XXX>where adb
    X:\platform-tools\adb.exe

And system variables
    1632768335823.png
    OMG I spent hours searching for a working fastboot driver. Unlocked successfully! I owe you a beer man drop me your paypal :D
    Unlocking the bootloader requires two settings to be made in Android's Developer Options:
    • ADB Debugging
    • Allow OEM Unlock
    @Eastw1ng, as obvious as this may be once you remember, unlocking the bootloader is something most people don't do very often - it might make sense to include that in the OP :)
    @NetSoerfer, you're not wrong, quickly added it to the start.