Question Unlocking X3 on linux?

Search This thread

elementtest8

Feb 29, 2020
The unlock tool by fernando does not seem to work anymore :( . I don't own a windows machine, is there anyway to unlock X3 bootloader using linux? Thanks!

elementtest8

Feb 29, 2020
X3 ? Wrong forum.

You can try some Windows bootable flash drive. I have the right forum I believe.

I'd like to know how how to unlock my Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro using a linux OS. I have tried virtualbox, ventoy ( to make a windows bootable), and Francesco Tescari's unlock tool. All three methods have failed for me and I don't have access to a windows computer. Have been trying to solve this problem for multiple weeks now.

elementtest8

Feb 29, 2020
bit of an update with the struggle. I have set up a fairly functional windows VM using this guide:

and have gotten the xioami unlock tool working within the virtual machine.

However, the USB is not recognized so it wont connect to my phone to unlock it.

elementtest8

Feb 29, 2020
Trying to look into permissions maybe? They recommended using gksu to open virt-manager but that is now deprecated... Hard problem... Feel so much closer using QEMU virtual machine, but still won't recognize my poco x3 pro :(

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Trying to look into permissions maybe? They recommended using gksu to open virt-manager but that is now deprecated... Hard problem... Feel so much closer using QEMU virtual machine, but still won't recognize my poco x3 pro :(

Make a bootable Windows from a flash drive.

Boot Windows without using virtual machine.

Example :

elementtest8

Feb 29, 2020
Thanks for the post guys. Unfortunately I couldn't get the thumb drives to work

I have solved the issue and I am posting the solution I found just in case anyone else happens to stumble on this post: fyi, I had a POCO x3 Pro and this worked in March 2022

1. sudo apt install git openjdk-11-jre openjdk-11-jdk gradle` - I am not sure all of this is required
  2. mkdir xiaomi_unlock && cd xiaomi_unlock (make a directory before copying all the files over in step 3 to make it more organized
  3. git clone https://github.com/francescotescari/XiaoMiToolV2.git && cd XiaoMiToolV2 && git checkout linux`
  4. cd XiaoMiToolV2`
  5. ./gradlew build && ./gradlew run`
  6. The xiaomi program should run. When prompted, I chose "Global" region and logged in
  7. (possible step) had an error with my java version not syncing I had to set the home variable
I had to enter this command to make it work
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/
if you are running ubuntu and or mint you might find the same solution there. Google where your java is installed and play around setting the JAVA_HOME. Took me 2 or 3 attempts before I finally found the right one

TLDR: how to unlock POCO X3 PRO using linux mint / ubuntu in March 2022

Reactions: whitexp and irmas5

homeboot

Aug 19, 2017
Moto G5
Moto X4

I have solved the issue and I am posting the solution I found just in case anyone else happens to stumble on this post: fyi, I had a POCO x3 Pro and this worked in March 2022

1. sudo apt install git openjdk-11-jre openjdk-11-jdk gradle` - I am not sure all of this is required
  2. mkdir xiaomi_unlock && cd xiaomi_unlock (make a directory before copying all the files over in step 3 to make it more organized
  3. git clone https://github.com/francescotescari/XiaoMiToolV2.git && cd XiaoMiToolV2 && git checkout linux`
  4. cd XiaoMiToolV2`
  6. The xiaomi program should run. When prompted, I chose "Global" region and logged in
  7. (possible step) had an error with my java version not syncing I had to set the home variable
if you are running ubuntu and or mint you might find the same solution there. Google where your java is installed and play around setting the JAVA_HOME. Took me 2 or 3 attempts before I finally found the right one

People running into the captcha problem on login (it isn't shown) can try a patched version. Just replace step 3 with:
git clone https://github.com/Dav4555/XiaoMiToolV2_urlfix_captchafix && cd XiaoMiToolV2 && git checkout linux

homeboot

Aug 19, 2017
Moto G5
Moto X4
The original unlock tool works with a Windows guest inside Virtualbox on my Debian Testing. I used a developer VM one can download for free. Rename the downloaded file to windev_VM_virtualbox.zip, unzip it and import the appliance in virtualbox. Make sure your current user is a member of the vboxuser group to make USB pass-through work. You may or may not need the guest extensions, I installed them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. cd XiaoMiToolV2`