• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[UNMAINTAINED][ROM ALL-IN-ONE] [LP_5.1.1] [D58XX] Heavily debloated - extras etc

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Anyone getting the error "unfortunately android. Process. Media has stopped working"

I've tried a few different ways to sort this out but nothing seems to be working. Seems to trigger the error when a call is coming through. It flashes up continuously then and I have to cancel it by pressing Okay several times and only then can I answer the call.

If anyone has had this issue or knows a fix, please let me know because it's driving me crazy.
mhm strange never seen that did you dirty flash my rom or went for full wipe?

Do we need to enable some apps/features back in order to get viper4android to work? It is my jam, unfortunately no amount of tweaking compatibility settings in v4a gets it working.
don't think so. btw search within this thread for it one guy recently wrote exact steps to install it if i remember right ;)
edit: here it is ;) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=62141883

Last edited:
Reactions: demonious

zimcommando

Mar 2, 2015
mhm strange never seen that did you dirty flash my rom or went for full wipe?

I originally tried a dirty flash and had the issue so then i tried a full wipe, including my internal storage and still got the issue. I have a backed up version of kitkat that i flashed back to again after the issue and its stable with none of that issue surfacing so not sure what's causing it. I do restore quite a few apps with rom toolbox so maybe it's one of them causing it?

Just weird because i searched the forum with no luck. Any fixes I have found elsewhere just ask me to restore app preferences in settings and apps but that does not fix the issue. I will keep checking and see if I can fix it or find a cure, thanks.

playagiron

Oct 16, 2008
Hi, I flashed the latest version and love it.

But I have a strange but since flashing it : whenever I make a call, the other side cannot hear me at all, even if I change volume, mute and unmute. If someone calls me, it works fine. Anyone else having this behavior?

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
@moly82 - I'm still on V1. Should I wait for your V3 or go ahead and flash the current V2? I saw the alarm is broken in V2 and I definitely need a working alarm for sure. Thx!
in v2 alarm is working perfectly ;) the problem was appearing if flashing the "clock addon" (but now that is fixed too ;) )
btw v3 should come soon, so you would better wait probably :eek:

would be nice to get on a server in that space of my system unused for deletes users who can access it?
sorry I don't understand what you mean!

Hi, I flashed the latest version and love it.

But I have a strange but since flashing it : whenever I make a call, the other side cannot hear me at all, even if I change volume, mute and unmute. If someone calls me, it works fine. Anyone else having this behavior?
strange! calls have always worked fine here.. after clean flashing before nay restores does it work fine?
EDIT: maybe it is a bug? some others seem to have the same problem ;) http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/microphone-mutes-t3172971

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladyator23

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
Google Play Services stopped

I've always wondered what those are for or what they do.
This is a check digit which verifies that the downloaded file isn't corrupted. The checking process starts before flashing the ROM in recovery if activated.

BTW - i experienced still GooglePlayServices stopped :( Shouldn't it be fixed meanwhile ? It seems to appear mostly while the actual used app tries to access the location service ... Someone experience the same behaviour ?

Greetz

Rhonin

phre5k

Apr 1, 2012
I've always wondered what those are for or what they do.
An md5sum is a summary of the whole file pressed in 32 characters in hexadecimal encoding, which changes on the slightest bit change. So if the download would be corrupted, you could check the md5sum provided by the author to see if you have the same file as they have.

Your ROM not having an md5sum wasted 3 hours of my time because I thought there was something wrong with my flashing process, where really the file was corrupted and I had to re-download it myself and let a friend download it, too.

EDIT: that sounded like I'm angry. I'm sorry for the tone, your ROM is great ;)

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
v3 uploaded just before leaving for the summer holidays [emoji14]

link: https://mega.nz/#!HAIXQYDT!-xoUTbGTHZcALrhgHzmVN0dHpZjQ993i_Mx8lheIgJM
md5: 0B4BDB00D27FDF69D12FE66E9B92372D

Just a few but nice changes in it:

- Camera/Album link FIX: at last it is possible to use camera without album installed so you can open the images you take with your favourite image viewer! :eek: (so I removed album in v3, see below) Many thanks @venkat kamesh for making this possible :good:
- updated google play services and play store to latest in /system/priv-app
- updated xperia xposed module (dirty flashing v3 this won't be installed, btw if you use this module surely you have already updated it yourself so not a big problem [emoji14] )
- xposed flashable updated to v70
- lock screen fix in systemUI (for hour in bold, and minutes in thin font. Thanks again @Wajk for the solution hint!) - see example
- ar-effect/bgdefocus/infoeye/album/music all removed from /system/priv-app
No point in keeping them in system too as in case of any updates, you would then have two copies of them (one in /system and one in /data). Considering they can be all (except for infoeye) downloaded from play store, much better to install the latest version directly from the play store (or you can also reinstall them from the __Backup folder just clicking on the apk to install them in /data/app, or restore them the usual way to /system/priv-app if you prefer).
About Album and Music, if you updated them in the meantime, you will keep the latest release installed in /data so no need to reinstall them.

- ImageEnhancer removed from /system/app

Needed for X-Reality/Super-Vivid in Album app. Considering I removed album I don't need this anymore (didn't like the fake colours I used to get in Album with those options enabled plus I always had to re-enable the X-Reality or Super-Vivid option after each reboot as after rebooting I always found it disabled again!! So got it rid of it completely in the end.. if you need it you can restore it very easily in the standard way as usual)

UPDATING
If you are updating, no need to download the whole package and install it again. For the lockscreen fix, just flash this from recovery. For the camera/album link fix, just flash this from recovery. Other things as per changelog can be done easily manually if you want!

EXTRA

Z3+ Live Wallpaper working fine in 5.1.1 (follow instructions step by step!)

1. download ZIP_1 and ZIP_2
2. enter in recovery, flash ZIP_1 and reboot
3. go to settings > personalization > wallpaper > home and lockscreen > live wallpapers
4 if the new LW is there in the list > click on it. You will get FC, it is normal don't worry, press OK and reboot to recovery and go to next point. if list is empty, repeat step 2 and 3 until you see it in the list! (you may have to flash ZIP_1 couple of times before to see correctly the new LW in the list ;) )
5. in recovery flash ZIP_2 and reboot
6. go again to settings > personalization > wallpaper > home and lockscreen > live wallpapers and now you should be able to set the new Z3+ LW ;) (thanks @freddy1991 for the hint, I just automatized a little the procedure with the flashable zips, and of course @lee480 for the live wallpaper port! ;) )

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
BTW - i experienced still GooglePlayServices stopped :( Shouldn't it be fixed meanwhile ? It seems to appear mostly while the actual used app tries to access the location service ... Someone experience the same behaviour ?

Greetz

Rhonin
missed this post! wasn't aware of this Google services FC.. not happening here, what's the problem exactly? with gps on? have been using gps and maps here for long without any problems?

Reactions: Gladyator23

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
missed this post! wasn't aware of this Google services FC.. not happening here, what's the problem exactly? with gps on? have been using gps and maps here for long without any problems?
No prob at all :) - It seems as if i activate yahoo weather and close it after a short time Google Play Services stop - But it happens not always - Next time i try to get a logcat to provide. Maybe it's only my configuration...

But don't care about it for now until i got better material - enjoy your summer holiday - you deserve it :good:

Regards

Rhonin

Reactions: FcukBloat and mj084

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
..... - It seems as if i activate yahoo weather and close it after a short time Google Play Services stop - But it happens not always - Next time i try to get a logcat to provide. Maybe it's only my configuration...
OK - after investigating a little i could reproduce the mentioned problem.... It really seems to be related to yahoo-weather app. i include an extract of the logcat that shows, that the calling of the location information seems to be not executed in the right manner....

Code:
08-14 19:45:17.937  2736  2736 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.google.android.gms.persistent, PID: 2736

08-14 19:45:17.937  2736  2736 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service co[email protected]2235385e with Intent { act=com.google.android.location.internal.action.FLP_FULL_POWER_LOCATION_RESULT pkg=com.google.android.gms cmp=com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.PendingIntentCallbackService (has extras) }: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wake lock not active: [email protected] from uid 10001

08-14 19:45:17.937  2736  2736 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.google.android.gms.stats.c.a(SourceFile:393)

08-14 19:45:17.937  2736  2736 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.google.android.location.fused.cg.onReceive(SourceFile:430)

08-14 19:45:17.937  2736  2736 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.google.android.location.internal.PendingIntentCallbackService.onStartCommand(SourceFile:88)
BTW - i experimented a little around with the information gathered within XDA - so i extracted the mixer_paths.xml from @Wajk 's (THX for this) SLIM-ROM and exchanged it with the one in this ROM to increase the loudness.... And it works :good:

Have a nice evening

Rhonin