• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[UNMAINTAINED][ROM ALL-IN-ONE] [LP_5.1.1] [D58XX] Heavily debloated - extras etc

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
@moly82 hey, I want to stay with your rom and Im not asking for anything,

but when programming from a macbook with android studio and trying to run the app from the device I get

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.example.hello
Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES.

I just fresh installed your rom wiping everything, and I also tried with a stock 5.1.1 rooted and it worked so... :(

With the stock rom you get like a message suggesting installing the sony software device, with yours I don't so maybe it has something to do with that? I will check removed stuff to see if I can guess what is causing this.

Edit: Tried moving all usb related prive apps and the device monitor and device config tool from system app but with no luck :(
the message you get with 100% may be a good hint :)

you could try restoring the following first:

"/system/priv-app/enhancedusbux"

"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-backup-transport",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-factoryreset-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-marlin-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-update-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-vendor-extension-service",

restoring instructions in OP... very easy ;)

let me know!

sanogueralorenzo

Aug 21, 2014
Valencia
the message you get with 100% may be a good hint :)

you could try restoring the following first:

"/system/priv-app/enhancedusbux"

"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-backup-transport",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-factoryreset-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-marlin-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-update-wrapper",
"/system/priv-app/usb-mtp-vendor-extension-service",

restoring instructions in OP... very easy ;)

let me know!

@moly82 already done that plus the 2 apps from system apps device-monitor and deviceconfigtool

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
@moly82 already done that plus the 2 apps from system apps device-monitor and deviceconfigtool
what about "/system/priv-app/enhancedusbux" ? did you try it too?

next attempts could be:

/system/app/Backup-Restore
/system/app/CrashMonitor
/system/app/CrashMonitorSystem
/system/app/phone-usage
/system/app/RemoteFileAccess
/system/app/RemoteStorageService
/system/app/SyncHub

otherwise, best thing would be to restrict the possibilities.. you could restore block of 50-60 apps per time (like first half of system apps, and then second half, finally all priv-apps) and rebooting and retry your app after each block restoring. don't worry if you move blocks back to the correct position (app or priv-app), you are not going to mess up anything, just expect to wait some extra time during following boot (time for the new apps in system to be optimized).

hopefully it will be one app (or more apps but in the same block).. this way once you find the block fixing the problem we can focus on that and hopefully find the culprit....

it won't take too long the "3 blocks attempt", don't worry about the cleanliness, if and when you find the solution you can wipe just system, cache and dalvik, reflash my AIO rom and finally restore the apps you need, this way system will be very clean and you will preserve all your personal data ;)

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
Great AiO. Being using your earlier debloater scripts for LP for sometime now and this AiO continues the solid work you perform.
Have 1 question:
I prefer Apex Launcher which I have installed, so how do I un-install Nova Launcher? Cant find Nova Launcher under 'Apps' and when I press and hold the icon in the draw it just generates a 'short-cut'. I know I could just ignore Nova but this sought off beats the idea of debloating.

Reactions: FcukBloat

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Great AiO. Being using your earlier debloater scripts for LP for sometime now and this AiO continues the solid work you perform.
Have 1 question:
I prefer Apex Launcher which I have installed, so how do I un-install Nova Launcher? Cant find Nova Launcher under 'Apps' and when I press and hold the icon in the draw it just generates a 'short-cut'. I know I could just ignore Nova but this sought off beats the idea of debloating.

thanks mate glad you like it :eek:

just clean nova launcher data from settings > apps > all apps and then delete NovaLauncher folder from /system/app and you are done ;) :good:

Reactions: Norup58

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
After the third day of heavy use, this ROM is truly fantastic. Same battery life as I had with KitKat (around 5h30 of SOT) and perfectly smooth performance, even with tons of Xposed modules activated. Amazing work I'll definitely keep an eye on your future works. Great job.

Reactions: FcukBloat

Frontier3

Jul 26, 2010
I noticed that some of my apps (fb, reddit sync) are randomly refreshing themselves and its quite annoying. Is anyone else having this issue? If it's not rom related has anyone heard of this? It only started when i installed this rom the other day. Did a full wipe/cache/ everything before installing.

Thanks

And the rom is super smooth with great battery life, love it beside this weird issue I'm having.

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
can this be flashed directly from 5.0.2?
how about if i opt to use sony's keyboard instead of google's?
of course! just mind the NOTES in OP if you do NOT wipe data ;)

ok. for restoring sony's keyboard, just restore the following folders and reboot: (restoring instructions in OP)

/system/__Backup/system_app/ExternalKeyboardsInternational
/system/__Backup/system_app/textinput-tng
/system/__Backup/system_app/xperia-keyboard-dictionaries

for sony launcher restore the following:
/system/__Backup/system_priv-app/SimpleHome
/system/__Backup/system_app/home-release

for sony calendar restore the following:
/system/__Backup/system_app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
/system/__Backup/system_app/SemcCalendar

;)

I noticed that some of my apps (fb, reddit sync) are randomly refreshing themselves and its quite annoying. Is anyone else having this issue? If it's not rom related has anyone heard of this? It only started when i installed this rom the other day. Did a full wipe/cache/ everything before installing.

And the rom is super smooth with great battery life, love it beside this weird issue I'm having.
never had/heard of this problem sorry... full wipe mean also you wiped data? if so that's very strange..! :eek:

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
for people on unlocked bootloader having root problems I confirm flashing @Gustavo RD78's kernel will fix it! many thanks @Carach_CZ for the initial discovery, @rak500 for confirming and of course @Gustavo RD78 for his work!
tested myself too and works nice :)
will add this info in OP!!

no problem mate, you're welcome :)

see it as as a little gratidude for ur work:cool:
I appreciate mate! :eek:

Last edited:

fishstik

Jan 13, 2013
Anyone getting frequent signal drops after updating? I have to toggle airplane mode for it to reconnect and it sometimes happens every 10 minutes. :( I'm on T-mobile in USA and I have fast.t-mobile.com for my APN. Do you think it's because this FW is international? Any help appreciated!

mj084

Sep 26, 2008
Berlin
read sth in other thread, they flashed US version of 5.1.1. and problems seems to be solved...
maybe the us version has different baseband?

here in germany no problems so far with this rom :)

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
no problems here either. and the update shouldn't have introduced any problems about that, as i did just small unrelated adjustments.. sure in v1 it behaved differently?

btw @fishstik if you want to try a us ftf, and you know how to use prf creator, i can tell you exact steps to re-create exact same rom as mine but with us ftf base.. let me know ;) or i can create it for you tomorrow so you can test it if you want :eek: