[UNMAINTAINED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Arrow OS 11.0 pop kernel, Smoothest UI [FINAL:09-05-2021]

Search This thread

Doomer D. Great

Jun 12, 2007
Dubai
www.nostrotech.com
Hello All.

Thanks for this awesome ROM. I managed to get it installed and followed the instructions very precisely. Once the phone booted, I noticed it not picking up either of my sim signals showing as no coverage. But I was able to get calls however, when I was getting a call, I couldn't see any screen or notification. I couldn't receive the call as there was no swipe green button. Similarly, when I call back on a missed call, there is no screen action showing that the call has been placed The call connects and the phone behaves as if nothing is happening.

Please help.

Hello All.

Thanks for this awesome ROM. I managed to get it installed and followed the instructions very precisely. Once the phone booted, I noticed it not picking up either of my sim signals showing as no coverage. But I was able to get calls however, when I was getting a call, I couldn't see any screen or notification. I couldn't receive the call as there was no swipe green button. Similarly, when I call back on a missed call, there is no screen action showing that the call has been placed The call connects and the phone behaves as if nothing is happening.

Please help.

I cannot answer for the signal strength part but if you don't see phone/call UI go to settings->applications and check default apps.
The default call/phone app should be empty and you can set it with the app thats already on the phone or another one you install.

Reactions: Doomer D. Great

Doomer D. Great

Jun 12, 2007
Dubai
www.nostrotech.com
Press the shield icon on the bottom (second one). Then just click MagiskHide on top and you're good to go.
Hi. I did that but just like previous attempts, I'm failing both checks and even though I hide with Magisk Hide, apps like McDonald's detect and do not start. Any app needing root access fails. How do I pass the safteynet tests? I enable the CTS workaround but not still fail after reboot.

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
Sony Xperia 5 II
Hi. I did that but just like previous attempts, I'm failing both checks and even though I hide with Magisk Hide, apps like McDonald's detect and do not start. Any app needing root access fails. How do I pass the safteynet tests? I enable the CTS workaround but not still fail after reboot.

go to settings, activate magiskhide and click on systemless hosts below. then reboot, and check the shield icon. you should have a tick for the first option and a cross for the second, which will show as failed.
once you have the first check as passed, move on to this step:

go to modules and download magisk hide props, then reboot. now download termux from play store and open it.

now type in to termux

su

then type your password. now type

props

this will open magisk props. from here follow the screen instructions to update device fingerprint.

select a fingerprint from the list
select sony
select xz premium g8141
then follow screen instructions to install fingerprint.

now reboot, and check cts security again, and it should pass.

Reactions: Doomer D. Great

Doomer D. Great

Jun 12, 2007
Dubai
www.nostrotech.com
go to settings, activate magiskhide and click on systemless hosts below. then reboot, and check the shield icon. you should have a tick for the first option and a cross for the second, which will show as failed.
once you have the first check as passed, move on to this step:

go to modules and download magisk hide props, then reboot. now download termux from play store and open it.

now type in to termux

su

then type your password. now type

props

this will open magisk props. from here follow the screen instructions to update device fingerprint.

select a fingerprint from the list
select sony
select xz premium g8141
then follow screen instructions to install fingerprint.

now reboot, and check cts security again, and it should pass.
My God! It worked!

McDonald's app still doesn't work though :p

veteran_omid

Jul 7, 2009
hey man
thanks for this awesome Rom . nice effort
everything is good so far (im using it for about a week)
however there is one issue :
sometimes when im calling someone (simcard) the page which you can see the caller and hang the call isnt appearing.
and another thing to improve is wifi (I tested on both 2.4 and 5ghz)

javiwz

• hey man
    thanks for this awesome Rom . nice effort
    everything is good so far (im using it for about a week)
    however there is one issue :
    sometimes when im calling someone (simcard) the page which you can see the caller and hang the call isnt appearing.
    and another thing to improve is wifi (I tested on both 2.4 and 5ghz)
    Maybe it's dialer app, try another like Google phone?

vonFFF

Feb 16, 2021
    Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210214-VANILLA..China Telecom SIM network disconnected, unable to connect

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-151357_1[1].png
      Screenshot_20210216-151357_1[1].png
      114.3 KB · Views: 98

karrouma

Jun 27, 2013
    Hello, the 14/02 build has some bugs, WiFi is broken, SIM detection is one of them, I will delete it and
    My apologies for you all
    Thank you for your work.
    Latest rom has the isdue you talked about.
    Some time no sim no service and no wifi. Need restart

Doomer D. Great

Jun 12, 2007
    Dubai
    www.nostrotech.com
    Hello!

So far, I'm using this as my primary everyday phone without complaints. One thing happened today: I have lost the ability to use speaker phone. YouTube and Music plays fine but not as loud as it used to be but calls and VoIP applications (Kaizala, WhatsApp etc.) all go dead silent when I switch to speaker. I originally thought time to ditch the phone but since I'm getting a mixed result, I'm not sure what gives?

Reactions: Toni Mahmud

pata_333

May 23, 2016
    Hello, Thank You Very Much for this release! I love it!. I'm using the 1842 version and the only bug that I was able to find was that the navigation gestures work but after say 10 minutes they become unresponsive and I have to use the 3 button navigation bar. Is there any solution or something I can do? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      logo.png

ArrowOS​
      My maple is dead, the thread will be unmaintained, thank you so much for the support.
      ABOUT
      ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links | TG group

FEATURES
      • Big thanks to linckandrea's pop kernel for maple, Power efficient, Smoothest UI
      • Signed with dev keys
      • Up-to-date kernel
      • WireGuard kernel support
      • FDE (Full Disk Encryption) support

WHAT WORKS?
      • SELinux is enforcing
      • WiFi
      • Audio
      • GPS
      • Camera
      • Flashlight
      • NFC
      • Fingerprint
      • Vibration
      • Bluetooth
      Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list
      WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • WFD is not working
      • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
      • You tell me
      For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log: Check how to ..

Can also report bug | make questions over here
      TG group Xperia XZP Development

HOW TO INSTALL & Update
      CLEAN INSTALLATION IS NEEDED
      • Flash the latest firmware (47.2.A.10.107) with Newflasher
      • Fully boot it once and check everything is alright(skip every connection to make your way to homescreen)
      • Flash and boot the TWRP-3.5 given in this post
      • Format data and factory wipe(swipe the slider in 'wipe')
      • Flash ROM
      • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
      • Reboot and profit!
      How to update from an older ArrowOS?
      - Flash the ROM
      - Flash Nikgapps/Addons
      - Reboot
      (Seems NikGApps does support backup script. It can Backup/Restore anything installed from NikGApps zip and Addon zip, during installing ROM. Reflash them to restore.)

You won't need to flash gapps if the new update zip name include "gapps", you can just flash it on the top of vanilla version.

DOWNLOAD
      Download links in #3

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Device tree: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_device_sony_maple
      Kernel source: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_kernel_sony_msm8998-EAS

Contributors
      derf elot, linckandrea, No1Alien, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh
      ROM OS Version:
      Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable

Thread Information
      Created 2021-01-30
      FINAL Updated 2021-05-09
      Screenshots

Screenshot_20210130-170008.pngScreenshot_20210130-165907.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-165932.pngScreenshot_20210130-115110.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-170117.pngScreenshot_20210130-170027.pngScreenshot_20210130-170050.pngScreenshot_20210130-172135.png

UPDATED SCREENSHOT:
      photo_2021-05-09_23-27-53.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-27-48.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-01.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-56.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-31-00.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-58.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-54.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-04.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-52.jpg
      DOWNLOAD
      - 09/05/2021
      • Gapps included, no need to flash
      • .267 kernel update, linckandrea EAS r2 kernel
      • May security patch update
      Download:
      G8141: Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip
      Known bug in G8142: bootloop, DON'T FLASH
      G8142: Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip

Many people fail to pass the safety net even with magiskhide and fingerprint set, you can install this Magisk Canary to fix the problem.

- 07/04/2021
      • Gapps included
      • .263 kernel update
      • April security update
      • Vulkan fix (thanks to @linckandrea )
      • New IMS implement (Please enable IMS option in Xperia Parts if you have IMS working on stock.)
      • New lockscreen clock: IDE
      • Forced Encryption since this release.
      • INCLUDING: Sony clock/Sony album/Sony xperia 1 live wallpaper/Sony xperia loop live wallpaper/Sony iconpack from VR ThemeStudio/Pixel 5 live wallpaper from Pranav Pandey, (Thanks to @born2bkilled teach me how to do)
      • Inside Battery settings there are new styles icons
      • Simple gallery deleted as Sony album is added
      • You can get sony music and sony sound enhance flashing this amazing magisk module (thanks to repey6): [10-11][Magisk]SonyMusic_with_SoundEnhancement-Xperia10-v1.9.zip
      Since this is a Gapps build, a clean flash is recommended, otherwise you may found trouble after boot
      G8141 | Single Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210406-GAPPS.zip
      G8142 | Dual Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210407-GAPPS.zip

- 13/03/2021
      • March security patch merged
      • Some optimizations and bugs fix
      • Updated to .258 EAS kernel
      Download:
      maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
      maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
      Gapps
      NikGapps I recommend Core,
      NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 24/02/2021
      • Updated to latest .257 EAS kernel of linckandrea
      • February security patch merged
      • bugs of 15/02 build is fixed
      • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
      • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
      • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
      • old style mobile data indicators added
      • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
      • Improve touch width of volume panel
      Known not fixed bug: "Activate torch with screen off by long pressing power button" isn't working.
      IMS may not working, you tell me(VoLTE isn't available in my carrier so it not affect to me and I can't test it)

Download:
      maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210222-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210223-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      Gapps
      NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 14/02/2021
      • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
      • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
      • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
      • old style mobile data indicators added
      • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
      • Improve touch width of volume panel
      • And more...
      Download:
      maple row link removed because build instability
      maple dsds link removed because build instability

- 31/01/2021
      Maple dsds build added
      Recovery
      G8141
      twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple
      G8142 twrp-3.5.00-maple_dsds

ROM
      G8141
      Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210129-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      G8142 ArrowOS_11.0-maple_dsds-EAS.zip

Gapps

Root
      Magisk v21.4
      Hello my Chinese friend, some guy told me the 3.2.1 is working, what's the issue of can't swipe? Can't flash flash after swipe or..? All you need to know is wipe-format data, wipe-swipe and format factory, and install, isn't so hard and just few things you have to do on twrp, anyway let me check if Chinese is present in twrp3.5
      Thanks to my friend. My problem has been solved. I wrote the Chinese translation of twrp on paper, updated it to version 3.5, and downloaded ROM again. I tried once, and the problem has been solved. I have encountered a similar problem before. The writing failure may be that the version of twrp is too low to boot the ROM writing device, or the network using VPN is unstable, and the breakpoint can be downloaded to The ROM file of is damaged. Thank you for your hard work in ROM. let's use Android 11 when Sony doesn't officially update. As time goes by, we will all replace new mobile phones, but we won't forget your work. During the time of using XZP, you have updated the mobile phone system, bringing a better experience
      Live display and stock camera should be added.

thanks for your work