[UNMAINTAINED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Arrow OS 11.0 pop kernel, Smoothest UI [FINAL:09-05-2021]

Search This thread

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
After 2 weeks of struggling with random network data disconnection, i'm rolling back to another ROM.

Both China Unicom on my XZ Premium G8142 and China Telecom on my wife's XZ1 G8342 experience highly unstable data connection. When my wife could not send me an SMS it was the last drop.

One other issue is camera and photos, when saved to the SD card. We are using Snapcamera. The problem is this: when you take a picture, you'll have wait for 2-3 minutes for it to show up in Google Photos or any other Album app.

While it is bothering, the data issue is a no-go. I couldn't have a stable Whatsapp or Telegram call while commuting.

If anyone ever gets this issue fixed I'll gladly return to this amazing ROM.

Astoras

Apr 30, 2014
Smart Watches
Working well for my device! Thank you very much. I'm coming from Android 9 and this is my first time that I've been forced to use the new Recents UI. Gotta say, not a fan.

I don't know if this is a bug in the ROM, but when using Gesture Navigation & Finger to slide and scroll through recents; it feels like I should should be able to tick though apps faster. Honestly, UI doesn't even want to scroll in the first place. I feel a couple of vibrations but the apps aren't scrolling. Only when I lift my finger am I able to swipe through the Recent Apps. The Recent UI snaps to it's normal resting state.

Is that just the design of Android 11? Or is this a bug? I feel like sliding through apps should be much more natural and quick.

Finally, I know many have asked this across XDA, but is there any hope of Oreo recents being hacked into Android 11?

javiwz

• Working well for my device! Thank you very much. I'm coming from Android 9 and this is my first time that I've been forced to use the new Recents UI. Gotta say, not a fan.

I don't know if this is a bug in the ROM, but when using Gesture Navigation & Finger to slide and scroll through recents; it feels like I should should be able to tick though apps faster. Honestly, UI doesn't even want to scroll in the first place. I feel a couple of vibrations but the apps aren't scrolling. Only when I lift my finger am I able to swipe through the Recent Apps. The Recent UI snaps to it's normal resting state.

Is that just the design of Android 11? Or is this a bug? I feel like sliding through apps should be much more natural and quick.

Finally, I know many have asked this across XDA, but is there any hope of Oreo recents being hacked into Android 11?
    That's how to access the recent, swipe up and lift your finger when it vibrate, scroll.
    If you ask if it is possible to bring the recent oreo, I am not that guy, I'm just a buildbot

javiwz

• After 2 weeks of struggling with random network data disconnection, i'm rolling back to another ROM.

Both China Unicom on my XZ Premium G8142 and China Telecom on my wife's XZ1 G8342 experience highly unstable data connection. When my wife could not send me an SMS it was the last drop.

One other issue is camera and photos, when saved to the SD card. We are using Snapcamera. The problem is this: when you take a picture, you'll have wait for 2-3 minutes for it to show up in Google Photos or any other Album app.

While it is bothering, the data issue is a no-go. I couldn't have a stable Whatsapp or Telegram call while commuting.

If anyone ever gets this issue fixed I'll gladly return to this amazin
    After 2 weeks of struggling with random network data disconnection, i'm rolling back to another ROM.

If anyone ever gets this issue fixed I'll gladly return to this amazing ROM.
    Sorry to hear it, In the next build will include a VoLTEe fix

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    Hello,
    First of all, @javiwz thank you for this awesome rom.
    Have been running it for a few days now, no problems so far. It was a bit of a pain to get all the banking and sony apps to work. If anyone wants to get sony album to work, the latest version that runs for me was 7.9.A.0.10. Really miss the stock camera, but it's a small price to pay considering all the benefits.

Has anyone tried to backup/restore ? I have a lot of work related apps and configs and it took over a day to setup and I am looking for a quick way to get up to speed if anything fails.

javiwz

• Hello,
    First of all, @javiwz thank you for this awesome rom.
    Have been running it for a few days now, no problems so far. It was a bit of a pain to get all the banking and sony apps to work. If anyone wants to get sony album to work, the latest version that runs for me was 7.9.A.0.10. Really miss the stock camera, but it's a small price to pay considering all the benefits.

Has anyone tried to backup/restore ? I have a lot of work related apps and configs and it took over a day to setup and I am looking for a quick way to get up to speed if anything fails.
    I used a app called migrate, it backup everything and make a flashable zip, to restore it you need to flash the backup zip after ROM and magisk, when you boot it ask you to restore, follow the restore guide you get all your backed up apps. I'm not sure that will work 100% safe since you really need those work related apps, make some backup of others kind before you try it.

Reactions: skipme

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    I used a app called migrate, it backup everything and make a flashable zip, to restore it you need to flash the backup zip after ROM and magisk, when you boot it ask you to restore, follow the restore guide you get all your backed up apps. I'm not sure that will work 100% safe since you really need those work related apps, make some backup of others kind before you try it.
    Will try, thank you

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    I have some problems with Signal and sometimes Whatsapp, as in there are no notifications when I receive a message and they all come when I open the app, does anyone else have the same issue ?

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    Solved the Signal problem by uninstalling and reinstalling it directly from signal.org https://signal.org/android/apk/
    Seems like Signal is using Google Play Services for notifications when installed from Play Store, not so if installed directly from signal.org. Will keep you posted after some use.

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    Solved Signal, Whatsapp and Gmail notification when screen is off by manually activating Settings-Apps & Notifications - Special app access - Battery optimization - Not optimized (for the apps you need to show notifications while in sleep mode)

However I encountered another problem - don't know if it's magisk or rom related - after a few restarts I fail to pass safety net and all banking apps stop working.

Astoras

Apr 30, 2014
    Smart Watches
    Hi there,
    I was wondering, what is your preferred region in XperiFrim? I'm using g8142.

I heard from other, older Rom uploaders that the United States firmware comes with the fingerprint sensor disabled. I'm not sure that is still the case today.

I first used Taiwan because I though they wouldn't have many govt regulations BUT! I was unable to get a signal.

So, I swapped to Central Europe and it was working just fine, until I installed GPS Status & Toolbox and it auto updated the AGPS service.
    Then my GPS stopped working and only in very rare conditions was I able to get a lock WITHOUT the assistance of Google's Location Services.
    I THINK that this issue may also tied to AT&T's cellular service. In stock, modded versions of the firmware I was also having trouble after I got an AT&T sim. But my firmware was not modern.

ANYWAYS! I'm thinking this may have to do something with the firmware locality that I'm using. Or you know, AT&T.

I'm about to update to your latest upload, do you recommend a XperiFirm Region?

Astoras

Apr 30, 2014
    Smart Watches
    Hi there,
    I was wondering, what is your preferred region in XperiFrim? I'm using g8142.

I heard from other, older Rom uploaders that the United States firmware comes with the fingerprint sensor disabled. I'm not sure that is still the case today.

I first used Taiwan because I though they wouldn't have many govt regulations BUT! I was unable to get a signal.

So, I swapped to Central Europe and it was working just fine, until I installed GPS Status & Toolbox and it auto updated the AGPS service.
    Then my GPS stopped working and only in very rare conditions was I able to get a lock WITHOUT the assistance of Google's Location Services.
    I THINK that this issue may also tied to AT&T's cellular service. In stock, modded versions of the firmware I was also having trouble after I got an AT&T sim. But my firmware was not modern.

ANYWAYS! I'm thinking this may have to do something with the firmware locality that I'm using. Or you know, AT&T.

I'm about to update to your latest upload, do you recommend a XperiFirm Region?
    I have confirmed this is something wrong with my device. Inserted another carrier's SIM and stock firmware. Still no GPS lock.

Sorry for the time waster!

lynxlok94

May 21, 2013
    Has all the bugs in the post reported been fixed already in latest updates?
    Cause there is no mention of bugs fixed in changelogs.
    Just wanna know before giving the ROM a try.

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
    I installed the last version 2021 04 06, used the ROM daily and tested out everything I could think of, it works flawlessly. For those which use the ROM with root and want banking apps, I wrote the steps I found working with no problems whatsoever. Before I found the correct order, I had some problems with banking apps randomly failing and magisk reporting fail to pass the safetynet test, and fixing it without a full reinstall made the problem reappear.

Again, thank you @javiwz for making this awesome ROM.

Here are the steps which I took:

1. install 47.2.A.10.107 fw , fully boot
    2. install sony drivers
    3. fastboot install recovery twrp.img
    4. boot recovery
    Format data and factory wipe(swipe the slider in 'wipe')
    Flash ROM
    Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    Reboot
    5. Update Magisk
    reboot
    Hide magisk app
    reboot
    Install Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config
    reboot
    Install Tremux
    open Tremux
    $ su
    # props
    1 Edit device fingerprint
    f pick a certified fingerprint
    27 Sony
    14 XZ Premium G8141 / 15 XZ Premium G8142
    reboot
    install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
    reboot
    Magisk is now ready and banking apps are working
    Remember to manually magisk hide any apps that are allergic to root
    You can install sony device dummy and sony music player module if you like sony apps

hjast77

Apr 13, 2021
    Hello everyone.
    I just finished installing this rom (1st rom ever) and i believe its working fine (Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210407-GAPPS.zip)
    I have succesfully completed the following steps
    • Flash the latest firmware (47.2.A.10.107) with Newflasher
    • Fully boot it once and check everything is alright(skip every connection to make your way to homescreen)
    • Flash and boot the TWRP-3.5 given in this post
    • Format data and factory wipe(swipe the slider in 'wipe')
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    However, i can´t realize how to flash addons (GApps, Magisk...)

Can someone detail the steps for its installation?

javiwz

• Hello everyone.
    I just finished installing this rom (1st rom ever) and i believe its working fine (Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210407-GAPPS.zip)
    I have succesfully completed the following steps
    • Fully boot it once and check everything is alright(skip every connection to make your way to homescreen)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    However, i can´t realize how to flash addons (GApps, Magisk...)

Can someone detail the steps for its installation?
    This version has the GApps included, so you don't need to flash it. You can do the installation like this:
    1. Go to Install, choose the ROM,
    2. "Add more Zips" and choose the Magisk, then swipe the slider to confirm Flash
    3. Or go to Install choose the ROM flash, go back and choose Magisk and flash then reboot
    You don't need to do a clean flash after the first flash,
    With older arrow working, No wipe flash ROM, GApps(If the ROM doesn't included), Magisk(If you need root), and reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      logo.png

ArrowOS​
      My maple is dead, the thread will be unmaintained, thank you so much for the support.
      ABOUT
      ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links | TG group

FEATURES
      • Big thanks to linckandrea's pop kernel for maple, Power efficient, Smoothest UI
      • Signed with dev keys
      • Up-to-date kernel
      • WireGuard kernel support
      • FDE (Full Disk Encryption) support

WHAT WORKS?
      • SELinux is enforcing
      • WiFi
      • Audio
      • GPS
      • Camera
      • Flashlight
      • NFC
      • Fingerprint
      • Vibration
      • Bluetooth
      Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list
      WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • WFD is not working
      • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
      • You tell me
      For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log: Check how to ..

Can also report bug | make questions over here
      TG group Xperia XZP Development

HOW TO INSTALL & Update
      CLEAN INSTALLATION IS NEEDED
      • Flash ROM
      • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
      • Reboot and profit!
      How to update from an older ArrowOS?
      - Flash the ROM
      - Flash Nikgapps/Addons
      - Reboot
      (Seems NikGApps does support backup script. It can Backup/Restore anything installed from NikGApps zip and Addon zip, during installing ROM. Reflash them to restore.)

You won't need to flash gapps if the new update zip name include "gapps", you can just flash it on the top of vanilla version.

DOWNLOAD
      Download links in #3

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Device tree: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_device_sony_maple
      Kernel source: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_kernel_sony_msm8998-EAS

Contributors
      derf elot, linckandrea, No1Alien, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh
      ROM OS Version:
      Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Stable

Thread Information
      Created 2021-01-30
      FINAL Updated 2021-05-09
      Screenshots

Screenshot_20210130-170008.pngScreenshot_20210130-165907.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-165932.pngScreenshot_20210130-115110.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-170117.pngScreenshot_20210130-170027.pngScreenshot_20210130-170050.pngScreenshot_20210130-172135.png

UPDATED SCREENSHOT:
      photo_2021-05-09_23-27-53.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-27-48.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-01.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-56.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-31-00.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-58.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-54.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-04.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-52.jpg
      DOWNLOAD
      - 09/05/2021
      • Gapps included, no need to flash
      • .267 kernel update, linckandrea EAS r2 kernel
      • May security patch update
      Download:
      G8141: Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip
      Known bug in G8142: bootloop, DON'T FLASH
      G8142: Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip

Many people fail to pass the safety net even with magiskhide and fingerprint set, you can install this Magisk Canary to fix the problem.

- 07/04/2021
      • Gapps included
      • .263 kernel update
      • April security update
      • Vulkan fix (thanks to @linckandrea )
      • New IMS implement (Please enable IMS option in Xperia Parts if you have IMS working on stock.)
      • New lockscreen clock: IDE
      • Forced Encryption since this release.
      • INCLUDING: Sony clock/Sony album/Sony xperia 1 live wallpaper/Sony xperia loop live wallpaper/Sony iconpack from VR ThemeStudio/Pixel 5 live wallpaper from Pranav Pandey, (Thanks to @born2bkilled teach me how to do)
      • Inside Battery settings there are new styles icons
      • Simple gallery deleted as Sony album is added
      • You can get sony music and sony sound enhance flashing this amazing magisk module (thanks to repey6): [10-11][Magisk]SonyMusic_with_SoundEnhancement-Xperia10-v1.9.zip
      Since this is a Gapps build, a clean flash is recommended, otherwise you may found trouble after boot
      G8141 | Single Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210406-GAPPS.zip
      G8142 | Dual Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210407-GAPPS.zip

- 13/03/2021
      • March security patch merged
      • Some optimizations and bugs fix
      • Updated to .258 EAS kernel
      Download:
      maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
      maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
      Gapps
      NikGapps I recommend Core,
      NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 24/02/2021
      • Updated to latest .257 EAS kernel of linckandrea
      • February security patch merged
      • bugs of 15/02 build is fixed
      • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
      • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
      • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
      • old style mobile data indicators added
      • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
      • Improve touch width of volume panel
      Known not fixed bug: "Activate torch with screen off by long pressing power button" isn't working.
      IMS may not working, you tell me(VoLTE isn't available in my carrier so it not affect to me and I can't test it)

Download:
      maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210222-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210223-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      Gapps
      NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 14/02/2021
      • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
      • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
      • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
      • old style mobile data indicators added
      • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
      • Improve touch width of volume panel
      • And more...
      Download:
      maple row link removed because build instability
      maple dsds link removed because build instability

- 31/01/2021
      Maple dsds build added
      Recovery
      G8141
      twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple
      G8142 twrp-3.5.00-maple_dsds

ROM
      G8141
      Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210129-VANILLA-EAS.zip
      G8142 ArrowOS_11.0-maple_dsds-EAS.zip

Gapps

Root
      Magisk v21.4
      Hello my Chinese friend, some guy told me the 3.2.1 is working, what's the issue of can't swipe? Can't flash flash after swipe or..? All you need to know is wipe-format data, wipe-swipe and format factory, and install, isn't so hard and just few things you have to do on twrp, anyway let me check if Chinese is present in twrp3.5
      Thanks to my friend. My problem has been solved. I wrote the Chinese translation of twrp on paper, updated it to version 3.5, and downloaded ROM again. I tried once, and the problem has been solved. I have encountered a similar problem before. The writing failure may be that the version of twrp is too low to boot the ROM writing device, or the network using VPN is unstable, and the breakpoint can be downloaded to The ROM file of is damaged. Thank you for your hard work in ROM. let's use Android 11 when Sony doesn't officially update. As time goes by, we will all replace new mobile phones, but we won't forget your work. During the time of using XZP, you have updated the mobile phone system, bringing a better experience
      Live display and stock camera should be added.

thanks for your work