• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICAL] [CRACKFLASHER] [ROM] CM7 Build #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gilmorenator

Jul 6, 2010
So the crackflashers have done it again - Gingerbread is now on the Desire / Bravo

Based on CM 7 Source

Thanks to Cyanogen, #teamdouche and @gridlock32404 (Thatguy32404) - These are unoffical builds based on their code as such..

Code:
These builds have nothing extra added, they are just like the usual 
"nightly" builds.  There is no support provided, this is just a hobby and
I thought I would share.  If you don't know how to flash a unofficial build,
don't want possible bugs or don't like living on the edge, go away!
Do a nandroid backup first!

OK so here is how to get it up and running:

Step 1 - Download the latest build from http://www.crackflashers.com look in the builds folder for the latest file - The build will increment by 1 each time there is a new build so if there is one there greater than b#29 download it << In case I don't get the thread updated at the same time

Step 2 - Download the Gingerbread apps from NEEDS UPDATED TO POINT TO DESIRE / BRAVO. crackflashers.com/ace/[/URL] look in the google-apps folder for the file gingerbread-gapps-12302010.zip

Step 3 - Place all these files onto your sd card reboot into recovery

Step 4 - Flash the files using the install zip from sdcard option (do the rom first then the gapps)

Step 5 - Reboot phone and enjoy the Gingerbread goodness :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gilmorenator

Jul 6, 2010
Current Issues

Current Issues
#17 - APN list may be empty and you will need to manually enter this - a complete list can be found at http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmo...orum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=271 for resolution

Last edited:
Reactions: sweety1

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
how bout a2sd+?does it work with dark tremor or firerat?

This is the first build that I actually made for the desire so to say we don't exactly know what other additions made outside the source/gingerbread will or won't work. The only way to try is to make a nandroid backup after you flash this in and try it

Ps. The new recovery image is not supported in rom manager so everything will need to be done in the recovery manually even thought the code of the recovery is made by koush it is not an official release by him at all, just built from it. it is the only recovery currently that can handle ext 4 /system partion that cm7 source is based on.

You will not be able to restore a pre-cm7 source build on this recovery or flash a pre cm7 rom on it either (hence the backup recovery.img if you decide to go back) you can backup and restore any cm7 source rom on this recovery

Yes the new recovery is needed to flash gapps and newer updates as they become availible.

This is on the list of many devices I am compiling for. Currently g2, mt4g, evo4g, droid, desire hd, desire and sometimes the n1. If you can't seem to find an answer to something there is a good chance you will find it in one of those sections. Just look for posts from me

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

najar360

Oct 13, 2010
Johor
This is the first build that I actually made for the desire so to say we don't exactly know what other additions made outside the source/gingerbread will or won't work. The only way to try is to make a nandroid backup after you flash this in and try it

Ps. The new recovery image is not supported in rom manager so everything will need to be done in the recovery manually even thought the code of the recovery is made by koush it is not an official release by him at all, just built from it. it is the only recovery currently that can handle ext 4 /system partion that cm7 source is based on.

You will not be able to restore a pre-cm7 source build on this recovery or flash a pre cm7 rom on it either (hence the backup recovery.img if you decide to go back) you can backup and restore any cm7 source rom on this recovery

Yes the new recovery is needed to flash gapps and newer updates as they become availible.

This is on the list of many devices I am compiling for. Currently g2, mt4g, evo4g, droid, desire hd, desire and sometimes the n1. If you can't seem to find an answer to something there is a good chance you will find it in one of those sections. Just look for posts from me

thanks for explanation. anyway i try firerat and it failed. not yet try with dark tremor.

question, if i use current recovery such amon ra or previous clockworld, is it give diff outcome?

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Sorry to get your hopes up guys, the code for the cm parts is there in the source and was all good to be added in but what the main code (not just the app but the framework parts of it) were removed till implemented. Still a build 13 coming shorty. It is compiling but will be missing the cm parts

Reactions: qwertylesh

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Build 13 is up, has gps fixes and other things. Too tired to list all changes check @cmsrc on twitter or github for what's been added

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
For those having problems with Gapps on newer htc phones like g2, mt4g and desire hd try the new gapps I have posted up at http://gridlock.euroskank.com and grab the EMMC ones

Everyone else can grab the MTD gapps

This should remove having to mount /system in recovery but run fix permissions in the advanced section of the recovery just in case

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
nice... auto-nightly builds of cm7... how i missed that :)

whats cwm3 originate from? is there also a changing codebase, or is this a static build, which wont change at all?

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
nice... auto-nightly builds of cm7... how i missed that :)

whats cwm3 originate from? is there also a changing codebase, or is this a static build, which wont change at all?

There isn't any nightlies that I know of! Cwm3 is the recovery that is in the cm7 source code and it builds a recovery for the device that you compile for. Only when someone changes something in the recovery does it change

bemymonkey

Aug 12, 2007
Why are we unable to flash G-Apps with older recoveries?

Thanks for the effort, it's great to see some progress on this front!

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Why are we unable to flash G-Apps with older recoveries?

Thanks for the effort, it's great to see some progress on this front!

Once you flash a cm7 source based rom the system becomes ext4, other roms/cm6 are only ext 4 so in order for the /system to mount in recovery for making nandroid backups or to flash anything it needs to have a recovery that can support ext4, which currently is the recovery posted with these builds which is based on clockworkmod recovery because koush hasn't released a official recovery yet (also since it is unofficial rom manager does not support it, so everything has to be done manually in the recovery)

Reactions: bemymonkey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the crackflashers have done it again - Gingerbread is now on the Desire / Bravo

Based on CM 7 Source

Thanks to Cyanogen, #teamdouche and @gridlock32404 (Thatguy32404) - These are unoffical builds based on their code as such..

Code:
    These builds have nothing extra added, they are just like the usual 
    "nightly" builds.  There is no support provided, this is just a hobby and
    I thought I would share.  If you don't know how to flash a unofficial build,
    don't want possible bugs or don't like living on the edge, go away!
    Do a nandroid backup first!

OK so here is how to get it up and running:

Step 1 - Download the latest build from http://www.crackflashers.com look in the builds folder for the latest file - The build will increment by 1 each time there is a new build so if there is one there greater than b#29 download it << In case I don't get the thread updated at the same time

Step 2 - Download the Gingerbread apps from NEEDS UPDATED TO POINT TO DESIRE / BRAVO. crackflashers.com/ace/[/URL] look in the google-apps folder for the file gingerbread-gapps-12302010.zip

Step 3 - Place all these files onto your sd card reboot into recovery

Step 4 - Flash the files using the install zip from sdcard option (do the rom first then the gapps)

Step 5 - Reboot phone and enjoy the Gingerbread goodness :)
    Hi, I have created a few CM7 splash1 images I would like to share. They're nothing extra, just a quick and noobish work in GIMP, so if you don't like them, please, don't download them and don't troll. I won't react on comments saying "your images are fugly" or anything else alike :)

Download the *.img files by clicking on corresponding images.

If you don't know how to flash a custom splash1 image to your device (or if you want or create your own custom splash1), please follow instructions in this post.

MD5 sums:
    splash1_htc_cm7_droid.img 90beed110b59b76c0a1aad55c2b616af
    splash1_htc_cm7_fadedlights.img 008f8efe149f3361f4cdd8946e06f5df
    splash1_htc_cm7_white.img 53ca8a089685b47188cdefb1dded9ba0
    splash1_htcyan_cm7.img 2014e223835574b115daf68935c0db4b

...or you can download md5sums of all the files above in a single *.md5 file here.
    No problem guys, it was my pleasure

how bout a2sd+?does it work with dark tremor or firerat?