john_matrix

Nov 22, 2008
France
Last edited:
Reactions: masioo

toscha42

Nov 13, 2011
Jerez de la Frontera
1) I've first flashed cepheus_images_V11.0.9.0.QFACNXM (the only one i have) with MiFlash (just erase with no bootloader lock), then i tried "fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img --disable-verity --disable-verification" with error "unknown options" (maybe do i have to update fastboot and try again?). So flashed vbmeta without options...

Looks like your fastboot.exe is outdated when it doesn't recognize the parameters. Take the one from XDA thread. As you flashed vbmeta without parameters you probably now have a corrupted vbmeta which might be the reason for the bootloop.

Cheers
Toscha

Last edited:

masioo

Dec 4, 2013
I there a way I can disable the left sided button which always launch google assistant ?

Same bug here... Google assistant keeps popping-up. Disabled mic permission for google services and disabled voice assistant on Google app fixed the problem, but you will not have voice recogniction and dictation funcionality.

Is there a way to have the miui 12 camera back?

Some mobile banking apps, like Unicredit, don't work. Is there a fix?

Thanks

fblaese

Sep 19, 2013
Frankfurt
Strange, maybe persist.vendor.bt.aac_frm_ctl.enabled=true solve that issue for me.

Enabling persist.vendor.bt.aac_frm_ctl fixed bluetooth audio stuttering for my Bose QC35 II on my custom build..

For people having the same issue it should be quite easy to test this by executing "setprop persist.vendor.bt.aac_frm_ctl.enabled true" in a root shell and reconnecting the bluetooth device.

I wasn't able to to resolve the issue by switching to SBC.
Disabling AAC in bluetooth settings didn't interrupt the audio transmission, so it probably was still using AAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: john_matrix

Korysovec

Sep 30, 2019
good morning, is this rom still supported, has it any bugs?
yhanks

Yes this ROM still receives updates.

The only bug I encountered is with auto display brightness. Usually after restart it rocks back and forth between low and high brightness nonstop. To fix it I just turn it off, set some other value then turn it back on.

Other than that this ROM is working well for me.

Reactions: ginoscicci

xorinzor

Apr 28, 2020
I'm still having some issues with my phone unfortunately.

- When I plug in my earbuds, pressing the volume buttons suddenly act as a keyboard. (ie: minus selects different apps on the homescreen, plus opens the selected app). This started happening once I had flashed the firmware from June 14th.
- Contactless payment still isn't working because I can no longer select what NFC secure element the phone should be using. The original firmware had a menu with at least the options "HCE", "SIM". Online I read there might've also been a "embedded secure element" option, but I can't remember. All I know is that I had to select a different option in this menu before it would work for me. But with LineageOS this menu no longer exists, and contactless pay doesn't work anymore.

@Cozzmy13 Any bugfixes for this coming up? It's still often an annoyance making me actually consider just buying a different phone (which is a shame, because the device itself is pretty great)

C0nvert

Oct 22, 2013
Berlin
Hey Guys i have a few questions to ask:

1. how can i setup Black Oled theme with the new LOS theme engine?
I hate the default (Google)Dark theme

2. Where can i disable the black bar under the Keyboard.
On earlier version you could do this by going to: Phone settings, Display, Navigation bar, and disable Show button to hide keyboard.
But where can I find it now ?

3. Face unlock isn't there as an unlock method.
I read that face unlock was part of the Gaps till end of January 2020.
Does anyone know how to get it working now?

Last edited:

FoRynas

Feb 26, 2019
how to flash from miui 12

I'm currently on MIUI 12.0.1 QFAEUXM should I wait for the rom to be updated to miui 12 blobs or should I flash miui 11.0.9 EEA from MiFlash and then proceed with the provided instructions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOAD

PRE-INSTALL
    0. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
    1. Flash and boot into MIUI 11.0.7.0.
    2. Flash vbmeta.img using the following command.
    Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img --disable-verity --disable-verification
    3. Flash TWRP.

INSTALL
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Install ROM.
    4. Format data.
    5. Reboot.
    Note: Google Apps are included.

BUGS
    You tell me!

DONATE

SOURCES
    DEVICE:
    https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_cepheus
    https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_sm8150-common
    KERNEL:
    https://github.com/Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150
    REPOPICKS:
    Code:
    repopick 272303; # DozeSensors: do not use proximity sensor if not supported
    repopick 276500; # surfaceflinger: Add support for extension lib to get changed z order
    repopick 269018; # Revert "FODCircleView: dispatch onPress to HAL only after dimming is applied"
    repopick 276504; # FODCircleView: Add support for pressed fod layer
    repopick 276156; # sdm: mark FOD pressed layer by setting a bit on ZPOS
    repopick 276499; # soong: Add flag for fod extension
    LOCAL MANIFESTS:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
            <project name="Demon000/device_xiaomi_sm8150-common" path="device/xiaomi/sm8150-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
            <project name="Demon000/device_xiaomi_cepheus" path="device/xiaomi/cepheus" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
            <project name="Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150" path="kernel/xiaomi/sm8150" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
            <project name="Demon000/vendor_xiaomi" path="vendor/xiaomi" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_xiaomi" path="hardware/xiaomi" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    </manifest>
    New build is available, lineage-17.0-20191227-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip.
    Changelog:
    * fixed DT2W
    * add power hal based on google's implementation for pixel phones (should improve smoothness without greatly affecting battery life)

You can find the ROM in the DOWNLOADS directory on the first page.
    New build is available, lineage-17.0-20191226-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip.
    Changelog:
    * updated to december patch
    * includes all the features Google added with this incremental release of Android

WARNING: a clean flash is most likely needed.

You can find the ROM in the DOWNLOADS directory on the first page.
    New build is up, lineage-17.1-20200518-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip.

Changelog:
    * fixed DT2W, can be enabled in settings
    * fixed ANX Camera once and for all (install cust libs for portrait mode)
    * misc changes in preparation for official builds
    * misc kernel improvements

EDIT: removed build temporarily
    EDIT: build added back
    New build is up, lineage-17.1-20200110-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip.
    Changelog:
    * removed some wrong kernel optimization commits
    * fixed hotspot mac generation for some users, might fix hotspot errors for them
    * fixed ims services spam
    * fixed time services certificate
    * fixed notch config, fixes notch eating app space in instagram
    * fixed fod dim in aod
    * fixed aod black issue
    * fixed occasional low framerate when waking up from aod issue
    * fixed ril sar sensor usage, might provide better mobile data speed when not touching the phone

Bugs:
    * NFC
    * DT2W