[UNOFFICIAL][12.1] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy J6+ (j6primelte)

Search This thread

RiD27

Aug 14, 2021
This guy's didn't read the note lol🤣🤣 they just download and flash
I flashed it using latest TWRP 3.7.0 it boot fine and no problem with recovery

leaderhawk0

Dec 22, 2018
My test was
All things is ok
But one thing with flash light work but when i run the camera app or any dependent app on camera the flah light does not work tell to reboot os
And data usage does not work

andoruB

Oct 2, 2011
There was some mention of having to use TWRP 3.7.0 to flash this ROM. Since I could not find that version of TWRP for this phone (any help in this regard is appreciated), I just went ahead and tried with 3.3.1-0, and surprisingly it flashed without any issues.

The only problem is that when I try to boot into recovery after this, it just gets stuck at TWRP splash screen. I have to manually boot it to Bootloader (fastboot), and then nudge it to "Close PC Screen" in Heimdall (under the Utilities tab), otherwise I wouldn't be able to either boot into the OS, nor would I be able to turn the phone off (almost shat a brick thinking I've bricked the phone)

Anyone know what I could try to be able to boot into recovery again?

Also, did anyone try installing Magisk to boot without using Odin? I seem to only have the option to patch the boot image, but not to apply the patch from the app directly.

_allaie_

Nov 22, 2022
Samsung Galaxy J6+
There was some mention of having to use TWRP 3.7.0 to flash this ROM. Since I could not find that version of TWRP for this phone (any help in this regard is appreciated), I just went ahead and tried with 3.3.1-0, and surprisingly it flashed without any issues.

The only problem is that when I try to boot into recovery after this, it just gets stuck at TWRP splash screen. I have to manually boot it to Bootloader (fastboot), and then nudge it to "Close PC Screen" in Heimdall (under the Utilities tab), otherwise I wouldn't be able to either boot into the OS, nor would I be able to turn the phone off (almost shat a brick thinking I've bricked the phone)

Anyone know what I could try to be able to boot into recovery again?

Also, did anyone try installing Magisk to boot without using Odin? I seem to only have the option to patch the boot image, but not to apply the patch from the app directly.
Here is the twrp 3.7.0. Try flashing it via odin

Reactions: andoruB

andoruB

Oct 2, 2011
Tried to flash it, but gives me a Fail in Odin (I did try to tar the image).
In the meantime I've downloaded it from here: https://sfile.mobi/AIcwXFJkha7
With that one I was able to flash and boot into TWRP successfully, but upon clearing everything and flashing LOS 17.1, I'm once again unable to return to TWRP, so I'm guessing 3.7.0 is not compatible with it?

_allaie_

Nov 22, 2022
Samsung Galaxy J6+
Tried to flash it, but gives me a Fail in Odin (I did try to tar the image).
In the meantime I've downloaded it from here: https://sfile.mobi/AIcwXFJkha7
With that one I was able to flash and boot into TWRP successfully, but upon clearing everything and flashing LOS 17.1, I'm once again unable to return to TWRP, so I'm guessing 3.7.0 is not compatible with it?
Try this
1. Flash TWRP via odin (uncheck auto-reboot)
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Wipe req. Partitions
4. Reboot to recovery again
5. Flash Custom Rom
6. Reboot to Recovery again
7. Reboot System

Reactions: bHell

andoruB

Oct 2, 2011
That's the path I took, except I haven't rebooted to recovery after flashing. I booted into LOS, then after that I tried to get into Recovery, but it would stay stuck at the splash screen.
Tried to flash again in Odin, and boot straight into recovery, but it wouldn't budge at all...

_allaie_

Nov 22, 2022
Samsung Galaxy J6+
Maybe it's because TWRP 3.7.0 is binder64 and the ROM is 32bit or any other issues. I can't exactly say what the problem is.

I had this issue of TWRP splash screen. I tried everything but didn't work. In the end i reflashed stock rom and then custom ROM again. that fixed this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EmPczMv.png

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

What's working:
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi/Hotspot
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • HWC
    • Fingerprint
    • All basic features that are not in the "not working" list
    What's not working:
    • VoLTE and other proprietary Samsung stuff (won't be fixed)
    • SELinux is Permissive
    • Mobile data / wifi traffic stats and usage (won't be fixed because it depends on kernel eBPF stuff)
    • FMRadio works partially (Cannot play over speaker, only over headphones) (Cannot record audio)
    • You tell me
    Notes:
    * Please don't report issues like "my device is lagging". we know android 12 was not made for a 3GB ram device with Quad Core CPU, but i will try to optimize it as maximum as possible.
    * It is recommended to flash with latest twrp v3.7.0 as older versions might be unstable with android 12.

Download Link:
    LineageOS 19.1 for j6primelte

ROM OS Version: 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.120
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information:
    Stable

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree: https://github.com/J415-dev/android_device_samsung_msm8917-common
    Kernel: https://github.com/J415-dev/android_kernel_samsung_msm8917

ROM creation date: 12/11/2022
    Last update: 13/10/2023

Thanks to:
    MacTavishAO (for android 11 device tree and contribution with msm8917 sources)
    Geckyn (for his contribution with msm8917 sources)
    Royna
    New update released: 13/10/2023
    * Fixed log spam about qti perf (may fix some battery problems).
    * Built with latest LineageOS sources.
    TWRP 3.4.0+ (ARM64) where to download for j6primelte (sm-j610f/ds) twrp arm64?
    The original file is uploaded on telegram but if you cannot found it, I already uploaded to google drive.

Click here for download twrp 3.7.0 arm64 for j6+

NOTE: I DIDN'T ORIGINAL OF THIS FILE!!!
    New update released: 13/11/2022
    * Fixed DRM & NFC Crash
    * Fixed Crash with chromium-based browsers
    New update released: 14/11/2022
    * Updated graphics blobs from J610GUBU6CUE1 (This fixes the issue of games crashing)