[UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1][39a] Discontinued: PAC-ROM LP-MR1-Beta1

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I verified the CAF build does not fix the baseband unknown bug (flashed BlissPop) with the bootstack linked above. Is there something I'm missing?

Weird, it was fixed last build for me on aicp. I'll mention it to gravy.

Just checked the build he fired off yesterday and its back to being unknown

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome ROM but it seems that the battery drains 2-3x as fast than a modified stock rom. If it weren't for battery, I'd use this daily!

Had a nice elaborate post drawn up, well half of it, to explain how to properly display whether or not a ROM or kernel has a drain, but you putting zero time into your report makes me not want to spend the time, when you don't.

I have no excessive drain on this ROM with stock kernel though.
    will we be needing to flash a new bootstack then when we try the caf build? do you have it and if so can I have it please? =D

You might be able to use the 39a bootstack if you flash the 12b boot loader. As opposed to me uploading I'll get the link from his git.

Edit: https://github.com/lg-devs/bootstacks/tree/master/vs980/lp
    Play services was the #1 drain?

Its been like that for a while, Google needs to get off their asses and fix that drain, you more than likely didn't know about it if you've been on stock.

Play around with some of those wakelocks too when you get a chance, see how it works out. Only way to learn is to try it. And I know @ars0n is a huge fan of blocking wakelocks, maybe he could offer some input

Calkulin is providing fixes for the services wake lock. (search calkulin google play fix) or use link below..

http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/mod-google-play-services-update-wake-t3078082

if you have done any previous mods to fix wakelocks/disables services etc, undo whatever you did and start fresh.

What I do is download calkulins zip fix, flash in recovery, wipe cache and davlik reboot into system.

go to your play services via apps force stop and clear all data/cache reboot

disable the 3 wake locks you did previously via privacy and reboot.

should have great batt life now ..

If you want to save MASS amounts of battery. Turn of location history in google settings. that's where i saw the greatest battery life saving.. havent had any issues with navigation or maps, etc.

I rarely play games on my phone but do now and then. Mostly for work and personal use, 6 email accounts syncing every 15 min, BT on always and wifi and gps and google now. On average I get 2 days minimum battery life. Usually get about 3 days and have to charge when I get to work.. its about average on all current roms, havent flashed any 5.1.1 roms yet tho so cant really comment on those..but im sure these fixes work for most..
    39A PAC is all good. Thank you very much sir !!!

GPS, 4G, SMS, MMS, calls, rotation, video, music, etc. Way to go for updating PAC-ROM to latest bootstack, kernel, and 5.1.1 LP :good:
    @Yoinx does this ROM contain your FusterCluck kernel? And will it auto-detect a F2FS /data partition? Or should that kernel be flashed after flashing this ROM? And does /cache need to also be F2FS?

Does not have the kernel baked in, no

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Yeah I understand the open source thing, I was just wondering because so far after being on 39a for a while now. It seems a lot better than when I was still on 12b, improved battery life, and much more. I was just wondering cause I guess I was just wishing they would all go to the new sources. Thanks for the reply and the info.

Because when people build, they pull kernel source from wherever. (Our device being cm lgg2 devs)

That being the case, all the source is 4.2 based.

If you were to build officially, you would need to build kernel source from there for all devices except the vs980, you would need to pull it from jpc source. So its much easier to automate it and pull it from the same place (I think)

Once Canada gets their foot out of their asses and drops 5.0 source, kernel base will be updated to 5.0.