• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0]LineageOS-15.1 For Nexus 9 (WIFI) (07/25/2020)

Search This thread

Vartom

Apr 2, 2015
Thanks LineageOS team for the source.

First boot takes time, just wait patiently

What works:
Audio
WIFI
USB
BT
Camera
Gravity
HW video fixed Thanks Tegra team( @Steel01 and others ) for the fix. Link for fix.

Not works:
GPS.
LTE version , don't work LTE. Use WiFi version.

Device Tree : (Force encryption disabled)
https://github.com/LineageOS/android...e_htc_flounder
Kernel https://github.com/vartom/android_kernel_flounder/tree/gtest+mm215SB+O

Lineage-15.1-20200313-UNOFFICIAL
Changes:
- fix sepolicy
- selinux = enforcing
Download Lineage Builds: (03/13/2020)

Lineage-15.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL
Changes:
- Google security updates
Download Lineage Builds: (07/25/2020)

Last edited:

thongsia

Mar 20, 2018
Everything seems smooth. A couple of observations so far:
- Lost Vulkan. Not sure if I will miss it though.
- LiveDisplay can't turn on. The setting doesn't stick.

iKirby

Thanks for your work. It works well for the most part, performance is good.
2 issues I've found so far:
- LiveDisplay doesn't work
- Setting screen lock pattern makes SystemUI unresponsive for a long time (it will finish eventually), and when unlocking first time after setting pattern, it may also stuck a little while. Pin or password not tested, but I guess they would be same, because this also happens after reverting screen lock to just swipe.

Reactions: zamuz27

zamuz27

Nov 6, 2011
Nexus 9
Xiaomi Mi A1
- Setting screen lock pattern makes SystemUI unresponsive for a long time (it will finish eventually), and when unlocking first time after setting pattern, it may also stuck a little while. Pin or password not tested, but I guess they would be same, because this also happens after reverting screen lock to just swipe.

I can confirm the issues with the lock screen.

Thank you Vartom for all your hard work!

Last edited:

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
thanks will take a look. again do i have to decript to install this build as i have an unofficial lineage 14.1 build on the device, but i am not sure if its decripted or not. how do i go about decripting it to isntall your build. thanks again for keeping he device alive with the issue it had with HW video playback.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

what are the recommended gapps to use for the installation.

Last edited:

Vartom

Apr 2, 2015
thanks will take a look. again do i have to decript to install this build as i have an unofficial lineage 14.1 build on the device, but i am not sure if its decripted or not. how do i go about decripting it to isntall your build. thanks again for keeping he device alive with the issue it had with HW video playback.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

what are the recommended gapps to use for the installation.

I used opengapps for arm64 8.1 micro. Regarding decryption, I did not check the performance of encryption, but judging by the reports of a problem with unlocking, encryption can also be a problem. I did not check this moment.

Reactions: nchc and mrk2815

Fubsy

Oct 1, 2013
I've installed it tonight from 14.1 - booted into TWRP, factory wiped, added 15.1 zip and gapps, installed, wiped caches then rebooted in less than 10 minutes.. Amazing the difference in speed, very quick. All my apps installed a lot quick than previous version did.

I'm not having the slow down at the lock screen (using PIN).

I am however unable to install Netflix from the Play store (not compatible with your device), and using the apk results in an error "This device is not supported by the app".

Vartom

Apr 2, 2015
I've installed it tonight from 14.1 - booted into TWRP, factory wiped, added 15.1 zip and gapps, installed, wiped caches then rebooted in less than 10 minutes.. Amazing the difference in speed, very quick. All my apps installed a lot quick than previous version did.

I'm not having the slow down at the lock screen (using PIN).

I am however unable to install Netflix from the Play store (not compatible with your device), and using the apk results in an error "This device is not supported by the app".
I think that it is connected with DRM, I will check it.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
For some reason, I can't get past setup. I'm stuck at the voice assistant step of setup after flashing and factory resetting.

If I accept to use Google Assistant, I am required to train it to my voice with "ok Google" except nothing happens. Or I can tap no thanks, which should skip this section. Only, no thanks loops back to the beginning of the voice assistant setup. How do I move forward?

thongsia

Mar 20, 2018

I have no problem installing and using Netflix. I had to select Google Play Services in Magisk Hide for Netflix to appear on play store. Alternatively, IIRC, the APK from apkmirror worked too.

Reactions: nchc

sheenswizner

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
Huawei P30
For some reason, I can't get past setup. I'm stuck at the voice assistant step of setup after flashing and factory resetting.

If I accept to use Google Assistant, I am required to train it to my voice with "ok Google" except nothing happens. Or I can tap no thanks, which should skip this section. Only, no thanks loops back to the beginning of the voice assistant setup. How do I move forward?
Pass the Google assistant wizard twice and done!
I tried to ignore but still showing me in settings !

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Pass the Google assistant wizard twice and done!
I tried to ignore but still showing me in settings !
But how? The voice training step won't accept my voice. I speak ok Google and nothing happens. I try to skip it and it loops back to the assistant settings again. There is no passing it. Every time I say no thanks, it loops back again. I've tried countless times. And I don't understand why it won't accept my voice either.

Top Liked Posts