• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 for perseus

Search This thread

Azzlan

Aug 11, 2012
You have evidence that this will happen?

No, except for the fact he is a core member of the LineageOS team, so it would be odd if he wasn't aiming for that. The current problem is that certain parts of the rom need to be fixed so that it conforms with LOS conditions to become official. Mainly, there is trouble compiling it with Clang.

That being said, even if he wasn't going to make it official, that's his choice and he's allowed to decide that. He owes nothing. As I say, he has already done more than enough to deserve the device.

Reactions: ~N.A.W.Y~

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
No, except for the fact he is a core member of the LineageOS team, so it would be odd if he wasn't aiming for that. The current problem is that certain parts of the rom need to be fixed so that it conforms with LOS conditions to become official. Mainly, there is trouble compiling it with Clang.

That being said, even if he wasn't going to make it official, that's his choice and he's allowed to decide that. He owes nothing. As I say, he has already done more than enough to deserve the device.

Ok, so you have no actual information, your claim that he will make it official in his own time was false or hopeful at best, but your opinion is that he's done enough already. Understood.

Reactions: Hardstyl3_Rav3R

Azzlan

Aug 11, 2012
Ok, so you have no actual information, your claim that he will make it official in his own time was false or hopeful at best, but your opinion is that he's done enough already. Understood.

Not hopeful as best, he has stated that he plans to go official, there are just issues currently. Whether those are solved and it does go official is another thing altogether. But it's been stated multiple times, if the problems have been ironed out, there is no issue going official, after all Cozzy is an official maintainer of several other devices, he knows the drill.

Edit: Also, if youd like to know more, and actually hear from the horse's mouth, join the mix 3 chat my friend

Last edited:

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
We are just "afraid" that our device wont be officialy supported and we wont get any update because dev is already focused on Mi 9 (according to his github commits)

Reactions: Hardstyl3_Rav3R

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Thanks, Mr Literal, but that's not all the donation thread said: " help the community gain a great maintainer and ROM.". I doubt anybody who donated were doing so in the expectation that they'd get only the initial build.

If this is the thread there is no mention of maintaining the ROM.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-3/how-to/bounty-developer-demon000-to-build-t3920083

Time is money and their time is unpaid here so probably very low priority but could be wrong.

YandereSan

Sep 1, 2013
So what is not working? Just Gpay?

The two biggest issues afaik is the signal bar and gps lock-on. Both can be fixed rather easily, our friendly neighborhood developer here simply has to make the commits.

Double tap to wake is broken.

Android Auto has a problem, but that appears to be more of an AOSP issue.

I personally haven't tried Gpay / NFC, so no comment on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cshepa

Cozzmy13

Aug 17, 2014
Suceava
Ok, so, responding to a few of the messages in the previous pages.
1. Signal bar is not an issue, that's the expected behavior.
2. I've been using the phone a lot for GPS and I haven't seen any issues with it.
3. Double tap to wake is broken because of my slider implementation. To be honest I don't know what exactly I have done to break it.
4. Android Auto will be fixed globally on Lineage by using some CAF commits.
5. NFC issue might be fixed once we start building vendor.

Now, about my lack of time to be put into this project.
1. I now have a full time job, which is pretty exhausting.
2. The little time I have free and which I'm willing to spend programming is going towards Mi9 for the moment because the state of things there is much worse.

I'll take care of Mix 3 soon.

vq8acsxht

Feb 12, 2016
2. I've been using the phone a lot for GPS and I haven't seen any issues with it.
3. Double tap to wake is broken because of my slider implementation. To be honest I don't know what exactly I have done to break it.

2. The little time I have free and which I'm willing to spend programming is going towards Mi9 for the moment because the state of things there is much worse.

I think you may want to check into #2 further. There is a problem with the GPS. One half of the satellites are not being received. In metro areas I am getting drifting going on from waze. The GPS beams are being reflected off of glass buildings coming back and cancelling out the position. I have even had cut outs because few US GPS sats have the L1/L5. It appears that someone said that it is a config problem that was fixed for the Mi9. Anyway, load in the Gpstest app in the play store and see if the euro sats are being received.

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009

Thank you!

Grazsrootz

Aug 9, 2016
Are people still experiencing issues with the GPS? Anyone have a fix for that? It's the main reason I haven't moved over to this rom yet so I'm eagerly waiting.

Reactions: QuaX1
Are people still experiencing issues with the GPS? Anyone have a fix for that? It's the main reason I haven't moved over to this rom yet so I'm eagerly waiting.
Both, GPS and GLONASS are working. However, it's not picking up GALILEO, BDS or QZSS sats. Positioning may be a little less accurate without those, but it's still good enough for navigation. A fix has been suggested, but there hasn't been a new build since then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOAD

INSTALL
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Install ROM.
    3. Install Gapps. (optional)
    4. Format data.
    5. Reboot.

DONATE

SOURCES
    DEVICE:
    https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_perseus
    https://github.com/Demon000/device_xiaomi_sdm845-common
    KERNEL:
    https://github.com/Demon000/kernel_xiaomi_sdm845
    New build is up, lineage-16.0-20190607-UNOFFICIAL-perseus.zip.
    Chagelog:
    * basic slider functionality
    * tweaked kernel
    * improved fingerprint unlock speed

New build is up, lineage-16.0-20190511-UNOFFICIAL-perseus.zip.
    Changelog:
    * fixed compatibility with other TWRPs
    * improved latency
    I try to flash it as you say with twrp : LR TWRP
    And latest rom, still don't work.
    I don't know how to make it work, can anyone check his version of twrp and rom that you use to flash that system ?

Try this
    1.format data
    2.flash latest EU firmware 9.5.9
    3.let it boot
    4.reboot to TWRP and wipe
    5.flash 9.2.15 firmware (to have proximity sensor working) without rebooting flash Los and gapps
    6.flash magisk if you like
    7. Reboot
    See if this helps