• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] [AOKP] [6.0.1] OnePlus2 By Kinglilrowrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I know I might be asking a lot, but could you update the 2nd post to include a set of instructions/steps on how to update this rom? I've heard various answers as to what to flash each time, because of the Gapps issue.

Thank you, Hunter
Just flash Google Apps with ROM and every time you dirty flash an update flash Google apps again with the update

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

dedo1996

Dec 23, 2015
chrome.google.com
Just updated to the new build (with factory reset because of some problems with gapps that i still cant explain yo myself) but WiFi still looses signal if set on auto, instead if set onto 2,4 ghz it works

Thanks again lilrowrow for your intense work.

IMPORTANT EDIT: FP sensor works perfectly after you've locked for example holding the home button(set with ROM settings), but doesn't work at all after you've locked for example with the nova launcher's double tap

Last edited:

Mohit31

Apr 14, 2015
Just updated to the new build (with factory reset because of some problems with gapps that i still cant explain yo myself) but WiFi still looses signal if set on auto, instead if set onto 2,4 ghz it works

Thanks again lilrowrow for your intense work.

IMPORTANT EDIT: FP sensor works perfectly after you've locked for example holding the home button(set with ROM settings), but doesn't work at all after you've locked for example with the nova launcher's double tap

Go to settings--accessibility--
And under services.. Enable nova launcher if it's disabled
And make sure nova gets all the permissions
It might work
Worth a try ;)

Reactions: dedo1996

HPBackster

Feb 10, 2016
Hi, Flashaholics

As of today, all my builds will be found on Basketbuild and dated correctly to avoid confusion.

All new builds and previous builds found here:

Kind Regards,
Aaron

Woah, Saw it before you posted this post, and was kinda worried that you abandonned Op2 developement!
Gonna try your Rom now, awesome work, if I trust the thread!

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Samsung Galaxy S21+
New Nightly! [20160321]

Change Log:

- Add additional buttons icon in settings
- Additional SELinux tweaks (Should be ok to use apps to change from enforcing to permissive without having issues or manually editing the value in the build.prop file in the /system folder)
- Fixed issue where phone would get really hot while charging (Blame Doze)

DOWNLOAD:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...kp_oneplus2_mm_unofficial_2016-03-21_1519.zip

D

Deleted member 4580957

Change Log:

- Additional SELinux tweaks (Should be ok to use apps to change from enforcing to permissive without having issues or manually editing the value in the build.prop file in the /system folder)

DOWNLOAD:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=lilrowrow&dl=lilrowrow/(oneplus2)/AOKP/aokp_oneplus2_mm_unofficial_2016-03-21_1519.zip

As of the newest build, there's now two entries for "Gestures". Also, I was wondering if there was any way to possibly run V4A with SELinux enforcing since it's a security concern to let it run in permissive. I believe there was a way to do it in lollipop, so I was wondering if there was something similar in marshmallow

Sent from my OnePlus2 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160321-135958.png
    Screenshot_20160321-135958.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 290

theonlykamph

Sep 14, 2014
Change Log:

DOWNLOAD:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...kp_oneplus2_mm_unofficial_2016-03-21_1519.zip

Hey downloaded your new build, the fps thing, was better, but still not gone! But keep it up mate! :good:

Reactions: King_lilrowrow

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Samsung Galaxy S21+
As of the newest build, there's now two entries for "Gestures". Also, I was wondering if there was any way to possibly run V4A with SELinux enforcing since it's a security concern to let it run in permissive. I believe there was a way to do it in lollipop, so I was wondering if there was something similar in marshmallow

Didn't even notice the two gestures options, will get onto that right away!

As for V4A I have a custom made build that works on permissive and enforcing I'll upload it to a separate folder on my Basketbuild profile.

Download:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...oneplus2)/V4A MM/Viper4AndroidMM_v3.0.0.0.zip

D

Deleted member 4580957

Didn't even notice the two gestures options, will get onto that right away!

As for V4A I have a custom made build that works on permissive and enforcing I'll upload it to a separate folder on my Basketbuild profile.

Download:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=lilrowrow&dl=lilrowrow/(oneplus2)/V4A%20MM/Viper4AndroidMM_v3.0.0.0.zip

Hey, so I just flashed the V4A zip in your basketbuild profile, and when I choose to install the driver (High Audio Quality of it matters), it hangs for about thirty seconds and says that the installation is successful. However, after rebooting and clicking on the Driver Status button, it says "abnormal" and V4A doesn't function at all. Is there something I forgot to do? I also had this happen with another V4A zip in the past.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160321-182047.png
    Screenshot_20160321-182047.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 251

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Hey, so I just flashed the V4A zip in your basketbuild profile, and when I choose to install the driver (High Audio Quality of it matters), it hangs for about thirty seconds and says that the installation is successful. However, after rebooting and clicking on the Driver Status button, it says "abnormal" and V4A doesn't function at all. Is there something I forgot to do? I also had this happen with another V4A zip in the past.

Hmm, I'll have a look into it. Currently I'm changing my build environment from Linux to OS X so in order to get my next AOKP build out on time i'm setting everything up now quickly.

But I'll let you know as soon as I get time to test it,

Kind Regards,
Aaron

hunter_bruhh

May 1, 2015
Murfreesboro
Hmm, I'll have a look into it. Currently I'm changing my build environment from Linux to OS X so in order to get my next AOKP build out on time i'm setting everything up now quickly.

But I'll let you know as soon as I get time to test it,

Kind Regards,
Aaron

Ah 2 things. Upgrade base v4a to the latest and double check the selinux rule allowing for v4a to function. If you still can't get it to work, follow the guide on XDA on how to use v4a in enforcing, and make a flashable zip to do that automatically

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Project abandoned.. (End of life)

Hi Flashers,

Todays a happy and sad day,
I've decided to end my support of this ROM (I know it hasn't been long since I started)
but... I started with the intention to be different then the official AOKP builds for the OnePlus Two and as you may have seen on their official Gerrit most of the things the official builds where missing and mine had have just been merged or are awaiting review which means very soon my builds will be the exact same as the official ones (making updating this a waste of mine and your time)

It's been a short but fun journey for me as this was my first ever ROM release on XDA (and in general) Thanks for all of you guys support, and I'm exited for what I'm working on now... (Hint its still unicorns but... dirtier)

I'm leaving my Basketbuild link live but will no longer be updated!

Thanks again,
Aaron

robinhood1808

Aug 26, 2012
Hi Flashers,

I've decided to end my support of this ROM (I know it hasn't been long since I started)
but... I started with the intention to be different then the official AOKP builds for the OnePlus Two and as you may have seen on their official Gerrit most of the things the official builds where missing and mine had have just been merged or are awaiting review which means very soon my builds will be the exact same as the official ones (making updating this a waste of mine and your time)

It's been a short but fun journey for me as this was my first ever ROM release on XDA (and in general) Thanks for all of you guys support, and I'm exited for what I'm working on now... (Hint its still unicorns but... dirtier)

Thanks again,
Aaron
Hi Aaron!

Its indeed a mixed sort of emotions for OP2 users...
Happy because your commits have been now merged to official AOKP ROM and bit sad as the project has been abandoned.
I recently used your build and was more than happy by its performance.

Hoping that your current WIP is for OP2 users too..

A big thanks for all your efforts for OP2 phone. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2jLa4T.png

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Download Link:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/lilrowrow/%28oneplus2%29/AOKP

Device Source:
    https://github.com/Kinglilrowrow/AOKP_device_oneplus_oneplus2

Kernel Source:
    https://github.com/Kinglilrowrow/AOKP_android_kernel_oneplus_msm8994

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP for OnePlus2, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    King_lilrowrow, Mahdi786, The AOKP Team
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-03-16
    Last Updated 2016-03-22
    Project abandoned.. (End of life)

Hi Flashers,

Thanks again,
    Aaron
    Known Issues & Extra Features

Known Issues

Clock application force closes when selecting "profiles" under alarm. Other than that that app works flawlessly and will still get you up for work or school :D
    If you use a Google apps package "Mini" or higher you won't even have this issue.

Benschholds Custom Kernel Support
    At first I was going to add Benschholds Custom Kernel by default to my ROM but after talking to him we decided it was best if I keep to using my stock AOKP kernel and just link his kernel here for those who dare to be different, so the choice is up to you I've included the link in this post where you can research his kernel, I have personally tested this kernel and say it's really good for performance and speed but the stock kernel (The one included in my ROM by default) Is the best for Stability and battery life... So the choice is yours :)

Custom Kernel Thread Link:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/development/kernel-benschholds-custom-kernel-t3320954

Custom Kernel Download Link:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=49969

(Don't forget to give thanks on his thread if you appreciate he's work)
    Lets try and keep the peace,

Thanks are NOT needed but are appreciated! :good:

Kind Regards,
    Aaron

Plus there may be another new build later that fixes WiFi and Improve mic audio (Testing Now).
    New Nightly Available!

Change Log:

- Fixed most of the laggy animations (including the slight delay pulling down the notification menu)
    - Slight delay when unlocking with FPS should now be fixed (report back if it didn't please)
    - Notification Slider options being greyed out issue fixed
    - FPS sometimes not detecting your FP has been fixed
    - Fixed slight popping sound from loud speaker when volume is on MAX

(Some times little issues can be rectified by wiping Cache/Dalvik again so please try doing this before reporting bugs to me, thank you!)

Download Link:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/lilrowrow/%28oneplus2%29/AOKP