• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] AOKP - Galaxy Note 4 (Snapdragon) [TRLTE][TBLTE][TRLTEDuos]

Search This thread

Shizzle2889

Apr 17, 2015
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
83.png

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4

81.png

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot
78.png

» AOKP Gerrit

80.png

» AOKP TBLTE
» AOKP TRLTE
» AOKP TRLTEDuos
» Gapps

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co
» Source
» apq8084 Kernel Source

» TWRP XDA Thread
» Telegram Group for ROM Testers

» THX goes to:
  • LineageOS
  • AOKP Team
  • all I've forgotten here (pm me)
79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co or to the Maintainers for the Note4 build at PayPal.com

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] AOKP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
Shizzle2889, Inkypen, TripLr, cvxda, ripee
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2019-04-13
Last Updated 2019-06-30

Shizzle2889

Apr 17, 2015
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
Reserved

Adding room service files here for your taking. To my knowledge, they should be stable. However, if they are not, please let us know via the telegram group posted in OP or this thread. Thank you.

TRLTE:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_sony_timekeep" path="hardware/sony/timekeep" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_apq8084" path="kernel/samsung/apq8084" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />				
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_FlipFlap" path="packages/apps/FlipFlap" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />		
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_apq8084-common" path="device/samsung/apq8084-common" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_trlte" path="device/samsung/trlte" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_trlte-common" path="device/samsung/trlte-common" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

TBLTE:
Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_sony_timekeep" path="hardware/sony/timekeep" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_apq8084" path="kernel/samsung/apq8084" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />				
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_FlipFlap" path="packages/apps/FlipFlap" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />		
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_apq8084-common" path="device/samsung/apq8084-common" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_tblte" path="device/samsung/tblte" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_trlte-common" path="device/samsung/trlte-common" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
  <project name="triplr-dev/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

TRLTEDuos:
Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="triplr-dev/android_device_samsung_trlteduos" path="device/samsung/trlteduos" remote="github" revision="aokp-pie" />
</manifest>

Last edited:
Reactions: EVOLw

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
So far, this build boots. I have had issues using mobile data. Other than that, it seemed stable to me. Need some testers, and apologies, only trlte built currently. Will build the other two sometime this weekend.

What sources are you using? I hope I set up triplr-dev properly. Let's add a link to our source account to the OP. :good:

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
very nice rom .2 questions?how to root and SPen not work?

Really?

Root - same as any other ROM - TRWP -> Flash Magisk

SPen - official SPen apps only work on stock ROM. SPen Command, 3rd party app, not allowed to be discussed or linked to, as its a paid app, works. Thats all can be said

Both your questions are not ROM specific and apply to all non-stock non-Samsung ROM's, and shouldn't be being asked here, these are "basic" knowledge questions best handled in the General Note 4 thread...please post these type of questions there in future :)

Last edited:

abdo bossat

Apr 13, 2015
Dear .....for a while I want the developers support DTS sound mode the great mode ... ...
I think it is a good addition to this feature...
Completed sound and picture......All thanks and gratitude to you ...help me please...

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Sadly during pixel setup, when trying to use mobile setup (because i dont have wifi here) it faisl to start the cell service, rebooted 5 times, no change.

Sim death is a known issue in general on some N910x's models, and yes ive seen the cell service fail to start during pixel setup on occasion - usually fixed by a reboot, but first time to fail completely

Sadly unable to test ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr

Shizzle2889

Apr 17, 2015
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
Sorry everyone for the long wait. I have had too much personally going on, and does not seem to lighten up any. In references, I have added TripLr as a main contributor to this project. I have also linked out to our Telegram group for testing any of the Note 4 Pie ROMs. I have also updated the first reserved post in this thread to include the room service files you all would need to maintain your own builds. I know some of you do not have the ability to create your own builds, but to the ones that do, there you go. My apologies to the ones that cannot.

Note that if you have the ability to, there is plenty found on google how to build.

Reactions: tripLr and 73sydney

Shizzle2889

Apr 17, 2015
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
In regards, I am uploading new builds right now. I need to update the OP with the new links. Please test and let me know if this works or not. Posted AICP and it seems it is broken again.

Also in regards, I have spent the last few days with @tripLr and @ripee. With that said, they have provided me with the means of making these builds and uploads easier and faster. With that said, I am not sure I can promise daily builds. However, weekly builds should be easy enough. If you feel you enjoy this ROM and wish to have daily updates, the roomservice.xml which is required is posted in the second post of the thread.

Edit: Link in OP is fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: carandcar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» AOKP Gerrit

80.png

» AOKP TBLTE
    » AOKP TRLTE
    » AOKP TRLTEDuos
    » Gapps

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » Source
    » apq8084 Kernel Source

» TWRP XDA Thread
    » Telegram Group for ROM Testers

» THX goes to:
    • LineageOS
    • AOKP Team
    • all I've forgotten here (pm me)
    79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co or to the Maintainers for the Note4 build at PayPal.com

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Unofficial] AOKP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Shizzle2889, Inkypen, TripLr, cvxda, ripee
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2019-04-13
    Last Updated 2019-06-30
    Alright, FYI everyone, uploading new version for TRLTE now if anyone wants to test it.
    I've just flashed last version from @ripee aokp_trlte_pie_unofficial_2019-07-22_1027.zip
    All is working fine (Wifi, Bluetooth, Photo ...)
    How fast the Rom boot is amazing !!!
    I've tried to flash it alone : it's working fine (you can see screen shots between)
    I've allso flashed it with Gapps and Magisk in the same flash and all is also working fine.
    I've got a 910F
    Try it yourself You'll like it ;)
    very nice rom .2 questions?how to root and SPen not work?

Really?

Root - same as any other ROM - TRWP -> Flash Magisk

SPen - official SPen apps only work on stock ROM. SPen Command, 3rd party app, not allowed to be discussed or linked to, as its a paid app, works. Thats all can be said

Both your questions are not ROM specific and apply to all non-stock non-Samsung ROM's, and shouldn't be being asked here, these are "basic" knowledge questions best handled in the General Note 4 thread...please post these type of questions there in future :)
    I tried flashing all 3 vs's all I'm getting is error mssgs
    The links in the first post are wrong. They direct to gts28ltexx = Galaxy Tab S2.

Hopefully @ripee or @tripLr can and will fix this.