[Unofficial][Bumped]SlimLP Beta Builds 8/7/2015[D80X/LS980/VS980]

Search This thread

Tagilso

Oct 26, 2010
I am getting "random" screen lock while in call. I can hear the lock sound and then I have to unlock with the back button just like if I pressed it. All is stock slimkat.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok i got it from myself.
If you do a double tap (with ur face :p) on the screen while talking the screen is locked.
I think this is a mini bug.

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
Does infrared work?

Yes, but you have to install the app floating around here somewhere

I am getting "random" screen lock while in call. I can hear the lock sound and then I have to unlock with the back button just like if I pressed it. All is stock slimkat.

I experienced this too on previous builds. If you turn off screen lock and unlock sounds, you won't hear it during your call. The device never really locked itself in my experience, the phone just made the sound through the earpiece. The button to wake from calls was a proximity sensor bug that has all but disappeared for me in recent builds, but it will happen very sporadically.

Are you actually having to unlock the phone when this happens, or just turn the screen back on?

Last edited:

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Does infrared work?

That works great for me, if you plan on using a third party remote it wont work though. I emailed the developers of the IR blaster I used on my GS4(Smart IR Remote in play store) and they said third party IR apps wont work on AOSP4.4.2 ROMS because they don't have the kernel source from LG yet. They said hopefully support will be added once 4.4 comes out and LG releases the kernel source. For now Quick Remote will do!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I lock and unlock my phone constantly while on a call I have big ears haha and yes lock sound is present there

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

have you figured out a way around this? very annoying! lol i might just disable lock sounds all together

Tagilso

Oct 26, 2010
Guys I have found an awful speaker output... The bass are really bad and the sound in general is distorted.

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
That works great for me, if you plan on using a third party remote it wont work though. I emailed the developers of the IR blaster I used on my GS4(Smart IR Remote in play store) and they said third party IR apps wont work on AOSP4.4.2 ROMS because they don't have the kernel source from LG yet. They said hopefully support will be added once 4.4 comes out and LG releases the kernel source. For now Quick Remote will do!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

have you figured out a way around this? very annoying! lol i might just disable lock sounds all together

Nope lol I just try to avoid touching my phone with my ear

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kirch21

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Kalamazoo
i was having some problems with the swype on the google keyboard. randomly when i press a letter then swype to spell the word, the keyboard doesnt register my swype so it doesnt spell the word. i have to pause and hold the beginning letter of the word longer than normal to get the keyboard to register then i can swype. i've had this problem before. i uninstalled the google keyboard the rom came with and reinstalled the google keyboard from the play store and that fixed that issue. i just tried to do that now but when i try to install the google keyboard from the store, i get an application already exists. so it wont install. i downloaded the actual apk and tried to install it that way but it keeps telling me app not installed. anyone know how to fix that?

edit: i fixed it. i forgot i couldnt install the apk the normal way. i had to push it to the system/app folder then reboot. it's working now.

Last edited:

icebergz12

Jan 3, 2014
Any chance that since we are revamping slim kernel that qi charging could be implemented? Or are paek and furnace the only option for me?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Hello everyone, so I have searched this thread with no result, and I have also flashed the fix from the PA forum, but I can not get GPS to work :( any suggestions? Im on vs980. Any suggestions help, thanks!

kennonk

Hello everyone, so I have searched this thread with no result, and I have also flashed the fix from the PA forum, but I can not get GPS to work :( any suggestions? Im on vs980. Any suggestions help, thanks!

Using google maps? Make sure privacy guard is not enabled for maps. Also check your google settings and make sure location reporting is enabled?

Reactions: kirch21

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Using google maps? Make sure privacy guard is not enabled for maps. Also check your google settings and make sure location reporting is enabled?

did all your suggestions with no luck, ended up going back to my stock backup, getting a fix, and coming back. I remembered I didnt even have LG UI on my phone long enough to get a gps fix lol i think that was my problem.

keunhuvac

Nov 2, 2010
Got few death sleep since install last weekly, could not wake up by open case, double tap, power button. Tried to call to my number while death sleep, till had respond like normal call.
Cant attch log now.
Just added log.
Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    95.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DopePedaler

Nov 30, 2013
Anyone running this rom with ART enabled? Just came back to it from a different ROM, loving it so far.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    60d97b83d354d6c1d6afee38721cc7f6.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Important links:

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.
    -Rom
    -Gapps

Installation instructions
    -You must be using the latest TWRP here
    -You must be on the LP bootstack here
    -Reboot to Recovery
    -If coming from another rom, please wipe everything except internal and external storage
    -Install Rom
    -Install gapps

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    arcardinal, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-09-27
    I just merged lg's 4.4 source onto github. This week's release will now be built using the updated source. This means you will have to be on a pure KK baseband/modem. I will update the OP to reflect this before the release.

Special thanks for
    • Jackpot Clavin- for getting 4.4 kernel to boot on 4.2 aboot!
    • dr87- Thanks for all the work on getting lg's 4.4 sources to work properly on aosp!
    • houstonn - who made it possible to have kk roms on g2!
    • gmillz
    • TaRsy-for starting the thread and maintaining it.
    • amit_sen - for helping with vs980
    • other devs and users who helped the team

If you want to change DPI (density, "resolution" whatever you call it), try Texdroider DPI from playstore, set to 480 (g2 default):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi
    Edit: Sorry for those looking for the download links. You're just going to have to wait for the upcoming weekly, or a test build if I have time tomorrow after work.

I just wanted to post an update for everyone. First, thank you to everyone for your continued support. Also, sorry for the rant the other day. This month has been hell for me on a personal level.

In regards to Slimkat for the g2. For the upcoming weekly I will be merging a lot of things from dr87 I should have included last week. The most important stuff will be bricked thermal control. I'm hoping this should help prevent black lines. The kernel and device trees will be almost exactly what he is using for mahdi, with very minor tweaks for slim compatibility. This is what I actually built the last test release I put out about a month ago. dr87 basically has 2 branches for the g2. Stock with aosp fixes, and what he uses for mahdi. Last week I was going to merge what he uses for mahdi, but decided to go the stock route at the last second. I thought it would be more stable, especially since I had been running it for 2 weeks prior. I guess I was wrong. So this week will see these updates.

Also, for anyone that hasn't seen my post in the permanent screen damage thread. I'm currently waiting for a replacement screen. I ordered the one that includes screen, digitizer, frame, and comes assembled. I plan on taking my device apart and messing with the hardware. Mainly connector to see if the lines are actually a hardware issue and can be fixed easily. Hopefully everything should be here tomorrow.
    Here are some test builds. I updated the kernel from dr87 and included thermal control and mpdecision. It's the same kernel he uses for Mahdi. Clean flash is recommended for everyone, and is necessary if you are not on last weeks kk build.

d800
    http://d-h.st/wAs

d801
    http://d-h.st/vPA

d802
    http://d-h.st/pia

d803
    http://d-h.st/Io6

ls980
    http://d-h.st/J5t

vs980
    http://d-h.st/p3y