Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7

Search This thread

mon5trum

Apr 1, 2012
Las Vegas
I agree first we have to see what would be missing, if we would have the same issues as jb, and if we would need a new kernel like we did for JB. It is a long process and since it is a low priority device might as well give it a couple of months to see what happens.

Sent with the power of AOSPA 3+

drm309

Aug 20, 2011
Sorry, total noob with this, but when i download the zip file from http://goo.im/devs/giveen, it says that the zip file is corrupt. Is there another link for the 10.1 or has this become a dead link/issue? Thank you.

michaelcrossland

Mar 16, 2010
Alvord, Texas
When trying to download the CM 10.2 from here it is linked wrong when I fix it or goo tries to fix it it will not start downloading.
Is there some other place like google drive or dropbox that I can find a copy of the file?

This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
(oops forgot a couple people)
_motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.2_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.2)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://goo.im/devs/giveen
When trying to download the CM 10.2 from here it is linked wrong when I fix it or goo tries to fix it it will not start downloading.
Is there some other place like google drive or dropbox that I can find a copy of the file?

Beta 2.1:
Updated kernel 2.6.36.3 -> 2.6.36.4
TWRP 2.4.4 -> 2.5
Updated Source

Beta 2
Working:
GPS
Bluetooth
+previous

Beta 1
Working:
Boots!!!
Touchscreen
Hapatic feedback
External SD
Internal Storage
Power button
Brightness
Root
Capacitive buttons
WIFI
MTP
Sound
Sensors

Not Working:
camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.

Reactions: themathers

biert87

Jul 7, 2013
Düsseldorf
Thanks for your fresh copy on goo giveen!
Helped me to get a good copy of fresh android on that old streak I got.
I am no developer, but if I can help in providing logs or something count me in.

OrsoNerOne

Oct 4, 2008
Naples
www.cirobianco.it
You just want to get chewed out by the Dev don't you?
I'll just tell you this, the ds7 is in low priority for the devs, and if you want to reverse back to stock there are some tutorials in the development section of the ds7. Just look for it!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Before I forget to mention Android 4.4 kitkat has been announced by Google that it is going to work on older devices that are stuck on an older version of Android! So cheer up cuz we might see kitkat on the ds7!

I know ... I searched the forum, but no discussion gives me the certainty of the restoration of the original partition table

i'm studing for kitkat

kinglyr

Oct 19, 2007
Piraeus
Install CM10.2

Hi,

I am trying to install the CM10.2 on my Dell streak 7 but i could not find the file (link is broken).

I googled and i found the http(secure)sellfy.com/p/5ei2/

where you can download the file by paying 1.5EUR. I paid and downloaded the file Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows.zip

Inside the file there is no TXT or DOC file explaining how to flash the Dell Streak 7.
I unzip the file to C: and using cmd i run file Install Android 4.2.2.bat but it says "USB Devide not found"

giveen can you explain us how to flash the Dell Stream 7 from the factory ROM to your CM ROM?

Regards,

John

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I found the solution to HOW TO FLASH THE ROM!!!

You need to go to APX mode.

To go to APX mode you need
1. while your Dell Stream 7 is powered off (without its special power cable being connected on it) you press and hold the Volume + and Volume - and Power On the device.
2. you go to windows 7 settings and update the driver from directory APX_NVFLASH_drivers the Zip file Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows provided
3. Then you go to directory Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows > Android 4.2.2 and run the Install Android 4.2.2.bat and NOW IT DOES NOT SAYS THE "USB Device not found" ERROR and completed the CM10.2 Update successfully!!!

Then you enter recovery mode using Volume + and Power ON and select to install file gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip that you have placed inside the Deel Streak 7 SD Card!!!

Enjoy!!!

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Hi,

I am trying to install the CM10.2 on my Dell streak 7 but i could not find the file (link is broken).

where you can download the file by paying 1.5EUR. I paid and downloaded the file Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows.zip

Inside the file there is no TXT or DOC file explaining how to flash the Dell Streak 7.
I unzip the file to C: and using cmd i run file Install Android 4.2.2.bat but it says "USB Devide not found"

giveen can you explain us how to flash the Dell Stream 7 from the factory ROM to your CM ROM?

Regards,

John

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

1. while your Dell Stream 7 is powered off (without its special power cable being connected on it) you press and hold the Volume + and Volume - and Power On the device.
2. you go to windows 7 settings and update the driver from directory APX_NVFLASH_drivers the Zip file Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows provided
3. Then you go to directory Android422_Dell_Streak7_Windows > Android 4.2.2 and run the Install Android 4.2.2.bat and NOW IT DOES NOT SAYS THE "USB Device not found" ERROR and completed the CM10.2 Update successfully!!!

Then you enter recovery mode using Volume + and Power ON and select to install file gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip that you have placed inside the Deel Streak 7 SD Card!!!

Enjoy!!!

Looks like the gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip freezes the tablet at boot up :( I Will test other versions of gapps-jb... Be warned!!!

Last edited:

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Hi,

Regards,

John

Enjoy!!!

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Looks like the gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip freezes the tablet at boot up :( I Will test other versions of gapps-jb... Be warned!!!

Did you get gapps to work? if so, which one did you use?

Does anyone knows if the Streak 7 Dock works with this rom?

using stock Honeycomb and its a dog. wondering if its worth it to try this rom.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Did you get gapps to work? if so, which one did you use?

Does anyone knows if the Streak 7 Dock works with this rom?

using stock Honeycomb and its a dog. wondering if its worth it to try this rom.

Dock works.
Gapps work, just find one that is for JB
You'll have to be comfy tweaking some settings for performance to get the most out of the streak. Multi tasking is not very efficient. There are many suggestions throughout the thread. Just keep in mind this devices development is dead, so don't expect support.

Check out operation killjoy or cross breeder scripts. They help a bit(install through recovery)

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Dock works.
Gapps work, just find one that is for JB
You'll have to be comfy tweaking some settings for performance to get the most out of the streak. Multi tasking is not very efficient. There are many suggestions throughout the thread. Just keep in mind this devices development is dead, so don't expect support.

Check out operation killjoy or cross breeder scripts. They help a bit(install through recovery)

Ok so got the rom installed without issues, booted fine, installed gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip but can't use gmail / maps / google+
play store works fine.

Installed Killjoy and do see better UI performance but doesn't really help with apps like map/navigation. GPS is not locking on location.
will try cross breed script next.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Ok so got the rom installed without issues, booted fine, installed gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip but can't use gmail / maps / google+
play store works fine.

Installed Killjoy and do see better UI performance but doesn't really help with apps like map/navigation. GPS is not locking on location.
will try cross breed script next.

There was a gapps package linked in the other thread. Do a search for "non-neon jb gapps". Then make sure play services updates.

I go into dev options and turn off animations and set background process limit to 3.

Reactions: Epiclectic

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
There was a gapps package linked in the other thread. Do a search for "non-neon jb gapps". Then make sure play services updates.

I go into dev options and turn off animations and set background process limit to 3.

Thank you. installed non-neon jb gapps and turned of animation and background processes limit to 3. No scripts.
Running mush better.

OP states GPS works, but I can't get it to lock. does this fix work with this rom:
http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=DellStreakFAQ:GPS-FIX

Reactions: ElfinJNoty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
    It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
    DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
    giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
    geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
    DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
    geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
    snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
    DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
    My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
    (oops forgot a couple people)
    _motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
    Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
    pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
    Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.2_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.2)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    http://goo.im/devs/giveen

Beta 2.1:
    Updated kernel 2.6.36.3 -> 2.6.36.4
    TWRP 2.4.4 -> 2.5
    Updated Source

Beta 2
    Working:
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    +previous

Beta 1
    Working:
    Boots!!!
    Touchscreen
    Hapatic feedback
    External SD
    Internal Storage
    Power button
    Brightness
    Root
    Capacitive buttons
    WIFI
    MTP
    Sound
    Sensors

Not Working:
    camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
    External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.
    RESEARVED

5aj0k4.jpg

14tlkqu.jpg

14bazs.jpg

zbv2q.jpg

2e1bqy8.jpg

1zhpb8.jpg

So just a little update:
    Motherboard will be back tomorrow, will put in that night. I am going to backup all my data and reinstall my Windows and Ubuntu 12.04. I want some fresh start as Ubuntu has been giving me some hiccups.

First step is to update code, build a copy and test the Univeral ADB driver and also update TWRP.

Since I've done Goo.IM as our host, I've had 1591 downloads :) Very happy to see that number.
    Nearly half a year and this thread is not dead, Im amazed! :) Giveen gives everyone hope. Thanks you Giveen!

Motherboard arrives this week, and I'll be getting back to work on this. Next release I am plan on putting in the tablet UI.