Unofficial CM10 for the Inc2 (2012-10-03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

seasonone

Oct 12, 2011
Portland
That would be SWEET. Maybe the YouTube issue would be corrected!

I think it might be an issue with your phone or the youtube app you're using. I watched about 20 random videos of of my boy JaVale McGee all different lengths, SD/HD, and wifi and 3g then watched a whole episode of archer and didn't get any lag or any problems.

brokenchains

Feb 18, 2012
You're not supposed to flash the 4.2 gapps on android 4.1, they won't work

I've been running it for a week. Garner's full 4.2 zip. I did have to replace Google Now though with the newest update I could find on XDA, and now it works and updates from the Play Store (same type of issue as ttupa).

Then the only other thing I replaced was MMS.apk. I pulled the one from the JusTunBean AOKP QuickFlash because it's got the new theming ability.

Reactions: natemup

Tortuga

Oct 28, 2010
I've been running it for a week. Garner's full 4.2 zip. I did have to replace Google Now though with the newest update I could find on XDA, and now it works and updates from the Play Store (same type of issue as ttupa).

Then the only other thing I replaced was MMS.apk. I pulled the one from the JusTunBean AOKP QuickFlash because it's got the new theming ability.

Yep, I was going to reply on that... It works just fine. Gmail performance is improved, among other things. Only issue was resolved via my previous post.

[::AP::]

Jul 24, 2011
Suburbs of Detroit
Am I the only one that is finding the Halloween build (10/31) the most stable? To me the 11-05 build had issues and the 11-13 build drains battery.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Am I the only one that is finding the Halloween build (10/31) the most stable? To me the 11-05 build had issues and the 11-13 build drains battery.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I haven't seen battery drain on 11-13. Might be one of the better ones I've used. Rogue app on that install for you? I've run 11-13 since it came out without any major complaints.

brokenchains

Feb 18, 2012
Woke up this morning to finally see what lag everyone's been talking about. It's been running smoothly for a week, worked fine last night, and all of a sudden it's hitting a brick wall. Reboots don't fix it, and actually seem to make it worse. So I think CM10 really does just not like you messing with its system apps.

More info: SuperDuperWipe'd, flashed CM10 11-13 & 4.2 gapps package in one go, then booted and worked on changing my settings and replacing MMS.apk & Google Now.

I might try just a regular old install of CM10 next, but does anyone know if just installing the 4.2 keyboard causes issues? I love that thing.

EDIT: Powered through the lag to get to USB so I could copy over CM9 files for an install of something a little more stable, and once I got there and turned USB storage on my phone did something that looked like a crash and reboot. Showed bootanimation and then when that went away my USB screen came back up and lag was gone. What. Is. Going. On. :)

Last edited:

[::AP::]

Jul 24, 2011
Suburbs of Detroit
For now I'll just stick with 10-31 until I wipe again.

I just installed Garner's 4.2 Gapps, they work nicely. Where are people getting this Google Now (Google Search) .apk from? I understand the Garner 4.2 one needs to be replaced as it forces closes upon launch, but is there a specific one I should be using?

----------------
Also, I just installed the new Action Launcher by Chris Lacy.
It is really nice and convenient. I suggest taking a look.

Redmond Pie Review: http://www.redmondpie.com/action-la...nimal-home-launcher-replacement-download-now/
Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...NvbS5jaHJpc2xhY3kuYWN0aW9ubGF1bmNoZXIucHJvIl0.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PiQ1LXRZIno

Baloeb

Jul 30, 2012
Woke up this morning to finally see what lag everyone's been talking about. It's been running smoothly for a week, worked fine last night, and all of a sudden it's hitting a brick wall. Reboots don't fix it, and actually seem to make it worse. So I think CM10 really does just not like you messing with its system apps.

More info: SuperDuperWipe'd, flashed CM10 11-13 & 4.2 gapps package in one go, then booted and worked on changing my settings and replacing MMS.apk & Google Now.

I might try just a regular old install of CM10 next, but does anyone know if just installing the 4.2 keyboard causes issues? I love that thing.

EDIT: Powered through the lag to get to USB so I could copy over CM9 files for an install of something a little more stable, and once I got there and turned USB storage on my phone did something that looked like a crash and reboot. Showed bootanimation and then when that went away my USB screen came back up and lag was gone. What. Is. Going. On. :)

The same lag has happened to me the last 2 times I tried to run this rom. Last time I cleared cache and dalvick and fixed permissions and was able to boot again, but the lag came back after a few hours. I did chilly's wipe before installing. I wish we knew what causes this because it always works great on my phone until it hits the wall.

chillybean

I just built from source and flashed gapps 4.2 no problems here...I'm having a couple of issues with the camera and another odd thing...speakers work but i can't play audio files other then the volume buttons...can make calls though ..so anyway maybe it just needs an update..mine was built DEC. 7 from source

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Rushead

May 18, 2012
L.A., CA
I just built from source and flashed gapps 4.2 no problems here...I'm having a couple of issues with the camera and another odd thing...speakers work but i can't play audio files other then the volume buttons...can make calls though ..so anyway maybe it just needs an update..mine was built DEC. 7 from source

You might hit up DKStunna re: camera issues.

Reactions: chillybean

Zelmo88

Aug 10, 2011
Arizona
Anyone heard from Aero lately? I know he's been busy building SIII Roms. Just wondering if he has given up on the Inc2? :(

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Anyone heard from Aero lately? I know he's been busy building SIII Roms. Just wondering if he has given up on the Inc2? :(

You know, every couple of weeks someone asks this same question. I don't think anyone on here is a close personal friend to Aero, so I'd say sit tight and wait. He may update the rom (most likely), or he may abandon the inc2 at some point, but I'd imagine he'd let us know with a quick farewell. IMO

Reactions: chillybean

aeroevan

Oct 22, 2011
Someone could also message him on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/aeroevan

I would but I don't twat.

I'm not dead, but I did get an s3 after playing with my wife's phone for awhile.

I'll try to do a few more builds since I still have my incredible 2, but updates will be few and far between, so nothing will really change there :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

chillybean

hey aero been following your for a year and some change now and admire your work...ive been building cm10 from your repo and finally got a build but i just have one question...how do i get past the qcom hardware errors for external display without hacking it up? also how to get the camera to build if you dont mind...if i can get some advice and a good build going or maybe a little tutorial ;) ill update cm10 from your sources as often as i can :) thanks for all your hard work you da man with the masta plan lol

ps: i'll definitly donate a jackson or 2 to your cause for doing that for me :) if you cant its cool ill still donate thanks again

Last edited:

Jizzylax

Oct 19, 2010
I'm not dead, but I did get an s3 after playing with my wife's phone for awhile.

I'll try to do a few more builds since I still have my incredible 2, but updates will be few and far between, so nothing will really change there :p

Thanks for the update. Looks like I may be following you to the S3 then....

seasonone

Oct 12, 2011
Portland

Sweet don't feel any pressure your builds are all stable enough to DD for months with no problems. Sure it would be nice to have a FFC and all that other stuff but that's on HTC not you. I put the 4.2 keyboard on your latest build and really I could use this rom for the rest of the life of the phone without any real problems other than my flashing OCD taking over any future builds would just be a pleasant surprise like those random fries you find in the bottom of the bag.

Zelmo88

Aug 10, 2011
Arizona

Thanks Aero! It's just my flashing OCD getting the best of me! Always look forward to your updates! Might be time to upgrade to an S3!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Very) Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for the HTC Incredible 2

Download Links:
    ROM:
    GApps:
    Kernel:

Directions:
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash v14 kernel (NOT optional)
    3. Flash GApps
    4. ...
    5. Profit?

What's Broken:
    • Youtube will reboot your phone after a few seconds... Think this works now.
    • Front facing camera
    • Probably lots of other stuff.
    Yep, looks like 4.1.2 merge made things better but that isn't gone yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    The new cm10 nightlies has the new SMS quick message enhancements... I'd love to see an update with a remerge! :D:D

I'm married and just moved and don't have internet and I lost my laptop power adapter in the move so I'll have to wait for the almighty Amazon to send me a new one :)

Hopefully I'll have some time once things settle down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Someone could also message him on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/aeroevan

I would but I don't twat.

New build uploading that should fix the audio only getting routed to different output devices: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/0182ea57e563fbba94d3da1e6f880fc6f0b64d5f