• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL] crDroid Q Mod //crDRom

Search This thread

paf22

Feb 17, 2015
Nice!

Hello,

I use this rom since a few weeks as daily driver and I'm quite happy with it so far.
I will post a full bugs/drawback/benefits reports once I have enough experience with it.
But the overall experience is GREAT until here :)

So thanks a lot to developers! :good:

Redmi 7A (pine) using A64-B vanilla

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
Hello is this the same thread as this? > https://forum.xda-developers.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/10-crdroid-t4112745 I have posted in that thread #35

I posted this question because I cannot get the ROM to work
Hello. I followed the installation guide, the device is supported in First release notes (2020.03.30) • updated overlay for Redmi 6 Pro but I get nothing after flashing in twrp-3.4.0-0-sakura install>installimage>crdrom-v224-201019-arm64-agN/crdrom-v224-201019-arm64-avN.img(BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-R18_signed.zip)>systemimage>flash nothing happens when rebooting, the phone boots to mi logo then the device turns off. the device is empty, clean install. thank you.

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Reactions: hacker812c

paf22

Feb 17, 2015
build update instructions

I'm running crdrom-v223-200930-arm64-bvN.img.xz (+ pico GApps). I would like to try the v224-201019. How can I proceed?
Should I erase everything and start install from scratch?
Or can I overwrite my current version by the latest one via TWRP? If yes, any procedure to do so? (is "install image, then GApps, wipe cache/davlink & reboot" working?)
:D

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I'm running crdrom-v223-200930-arm64-bvN.img.xz (+ pico GApps). I would like to try the v224-201019. How can I proceed?
Should I erase everything and start install from scratch?
Or can I overwrite my current version by the latest one via TWRP? If yes, any procedure to do so? (is "install image, then GApps, wipe cache/davlink & reboot" working?)
:D
How to update GSI

• go to twrp, make wipe Dalvik cache (optionally, but recommended)
• install new gsi img to system (or reboot to fastboot and flash gsi)
• boot to twrp again, resize system
• reinstall same gapps (if you used vanilla+gapps before)

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Hi everyone, wanted to report this is working great on Redmi Note 9S.
I've attached the 3 overlays for the Note 9 series.
I had to pull overlays from another gsi that was released specifically for the Note9S but other than that, excellent rom.
Tips for @eremitein for Hey Google hotword to work, I have attached a zip with two apks that need to go to /system/product/priv-app
Second is just a crdroid bug, if you change the battery icon in the status bar to anything other than the default high cpu usage spikes in systemui and surfaceflinger processes.
Reverting back to default portrait battery restores normal cpu usage.
This is my daily driver rom, you've done an amazing job with this so I'm really hoping you don't drop support anytime soon!!

Attachments

• HotwordEnrollment.zip
    960.2 KB · Views: 7

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
Can I install gsi crdroid on top of a Sakura build of crdroid? I have totally forgot how I used gsi when I first got this device. I remember there was only gsi ROMs available then support appeared and I never went back now that support is not soo active whereas gsi is.

I have installed device build https://sourceforge.net/projects/surya580/files/crdroid/
Can I now install an update to system from gsi build https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/crDRom/

If i remember correctly because I didn't have support for this device when it was released I was only able to use gsi ROMs that are the same as the android version of miui at the time.

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018

Koamanl

Feb 4, 2021
Lava Iris X8
Hi my name is Mark,and I flashed the crdriod v222 Gsi, and it is a very good rom.But my problem is that the Google phone app can't make calls, any time I try it says network not available.And the Google message app also can't send or receive messages.I also noticed that the network is not stable(switches to E even though I have a strong internet connection).And the screen recorder crashes the system and time I try to use it.These are the bugs i'm facing, I also don't know if it's just me or the images show that the phone app and message app are from lineage os, but I got the Google phone and SMS app instead when I installed the rom. Maybe there is a way to remove the stock google phone app and message and replace them with the ones from lineage os.
Anyway my phone is lava iris 89 with mediatek mt6761 and arm64 ab.Plz someone help!!!! I really like this rom,Thanks.

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Hi my name is Mark,and I flashed the crdriod v222 Gsi, and it is a very good rom.But my problem is that the Google phone app can't make calls, any time I try it says network not available.And the Google message app also can't send or receive messages.I also noticed that the network is not stable(switches to E even though I have a strong internet connection).And the screen recorder crashes the system and time I try to use it.These are the bugs i'm facing, I also don't know if it's just me or the images show that the phone app and message app are from lineage os, but I got the Google phone and SMS app instead when I installed the rom. Maybe there is a way to remove the stock google phone app and message and replace them with the ones from lineage os.
Anyway my phone is lava iris 89 with mediatek mt6761 and arm64 ab.Plz someone help!!!! I really like this rom,Thanks.
hi, try vanilla build
for screen recoding use external app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid 6.11

Your warranty is now void!
    We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you

crDRom is a project which based on crDroid with @AndyYan's and @phhusson's Treble GSI patches. Built with some Andy's patches & recommendations, also even without "ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true" flag. And system can run with SELinux enforced state, as original Phh AOSP GSI. Fully compatible with PHH-Treble patches exclude one low level change: by default exist file /system/phh/secure (for Google Certification PASS), so if you can boot LineageOS GSI, but can't boot crDRom - try to removing that file

UPDATE VERSION
    base: crDroid 6.11
    latest build: 2020.10.19
    treble patches: v222+
    SPL: 5 Oct 2020

FEATURES/CHANGES
    • no in-built root
    • changed Phh Settings "Main Icon"
    • and Phh Settings moved to the bottom
    • mobile networks on MTK should work
    • tuning of the status bar, icons more tightly to each other
    • added option to set statusbar icons spacing (need reboot to properly apply changes)
    • fixed the display of the status of security patches (GSI specific)
    • now some pre-installed Apps can be disables from Settings
    • fixed offline charger to works in enforced mode (still not for all devices)
    • fixed call recording in Dialer (not supports on all devices)
    • deep sleep fix included (based on patch by @Hami_Do)
    • on battery saver auto dark mode disabled, you can choice light/dark theme
    • fixed QS tiles editor (don't followed columns number)
    • slightly fixed system UI theme (QS tiles h-padding, search bar in Settings etc)
    • few changes to reduce consumed resources - more space, more speed, more battery life
    • in stock camera removed HAL3 green artefacts which exist on few Xiaomi devices
    • disabled some disputable Google components, for sample is fixed overall WiFi speed in the aggregate with GPS + Bluetooth
    • on my device (with stock vendor) Google Play certification passed without any patches and Magisk, just works out-of-the-box
    • option to set system UI optimization level (use careful, do not set IPS level for OLED)
    • fixed DeskClock widget (with the GoogleSans font was cropped)
    • turned off the indicator flashing when the battery level is low
    • added option "Swipe for notifications" for fingerprint scanner
    • in Dialer added option to set fullscreen contact's photo
    • reworked dark mode support for few apps (Files, Calculator, DeskClock)
    • replaced apps: Gallery, Dialer, Messaging, Calculator, Keyboard
    • French and Russian translations for crDRom custom settings
    • for Mi A2 Lite LTE is set by default
    • used Bromite webview
    • updated Redmi 6 Pro overlay
    • removed Updater (useless in GSI)
    • fixed boot on Mi 10 (Lite), K30 (Pro)
    • major interface speed improvements
    • tweaks for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 'merlin' (audiojack, brightness, fp touches)
    • changed minimal brightness level for Redmi Note 8 Pro
    • initial Redmi 9 'galahad' overlay
    • added DT2W support for QIN 2
    • by default enabled LiveDisplay
    • added custom Google Cloud restore option (Settings > Accounts)
    • added few patches from GrapheneOS
    *grayed options not realized yet

DOWNLOAD (CLICK H3RE)
    vanilla, gapps: all architectures

NAMING
    Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x can either be a or b
    y can either be v, o, g or f
    Z can be N or S

b = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included

so in most common example "arm64_avN" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with no superuser

CONTACTS
    > telegram group
    > project page

KN0WN BUGS
    • excluding fixes, the same as on all Q GSI (in some cases doesn't work: broadcasting on TV, calls via BT; offline charging does not work normally; problems with GPS etc etc)
    NOTE: always test ROM first without Magisk (with clean boot.img). and don't send me bug reports if you have:
    a) Magisk installed
    b) modified/custom vendor or kernel
    c) dirty flashing rom without wiping data
    d) modified props values (another device fingerprint and so on)

CREDITS
    persons: @phhusson, @AndyYan
    projects: TrebleGSI • BlissROMs • LineageOS • Havoc-OS • GrapheneOS
    crDRom R 2021.02.28 (beta1)
    download /// changelog
    crDRom R 2021.03.15 (beta2)
    download /// changelog
    Screenshots v222