• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL] crDroid R Mod //crDRom11

Search This thread

Bazito

Jul 21, 2010
Hi folks, as you maybe know all my GSI works suspended
Build server damaged and now for maintenance, I haven't information about his further fate
So... I don't know when I can resume my GSI building

By the way, this is not my server, literally I can't do anything to help
I can't even send money, my country is not supported in many payment systems

If you want to help, you can send donations to https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/electrikjesus
(he is the owner of the server, and he long gives me his server - I made a lot of GSI builds on it)

Hi, what does it look like? Will your work continue?

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-22_17-27-29.jpg
    photo_2021-09-22_17-27-29.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 40

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 5
I'm noticing my incoming text messages are delayed or not arriving at all. Is anyone else noticing that? Is there something else that I can flash to fix delayed receiving text messages?
EDIT: Fixed it by fiddling with phh IMS settings.

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Awesome ROM and very fluid. Nice to see a feature-rich GSI that's kept up to date, thanks!

Sadly, I cannot get Magisk working on my Pixel 3 XL. No matter what method, flashing a patched boot.img (or installing in TWRP) - with an insecure vbmeta - results in being kicked to bootloader. Flashing back stock boot.img solves it immediately.

- Tried both regular and vndk-lite
- Tried a fresh flash from factory images, multiple times - I am 99.9% sure I did everything right.

Note that this is a "super.img" device - i.e. dynamic partitions - and I read somewhere that in this case, system can never be mounted r/w. Is this true? Maybe this is causing issues if so.

It may be a conflict with "dynamic root" so I will try a few other GSI's to see if they work. Will also try downgrading factory firmware to rule that out, since I knew it was working back when I tried GSI's a few months back.

EDIT: Aside; hopefully the new Magisk with selective root will be more compatible. I wish Magisk would just remove root entire tbh, the dynamic root in this ROM is fantastic - I dont need root all the time and am tired of the Safetynet arms race :p

zyhk

May 9, 2020
Thanks for updating. I found that "dumpsys media.aduio_{policy,flinger} issue I mentioned in the Caos R thread was fixed. My root script "USB SampleRate Changer (on the fly)" now can be executed by SuperUer as well as Magisk root.

If you like, try "extras/jitter-reducer.sh" in its ZIP file to enjoy hifi music streaming services.

Edit: "dumpsys media.aduio_{policy,flinger}" has not been fixed for MTK Oreo 8.1 vendor. Probably other devices are ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: eremitein

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
thanks for feedback, welcome

for magisk issue i guess you need follow that https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...with-dynamic-partition.4311045/#post-85390677
Indeed, I made the mistake of deleting product. Instead you can just resize it to something tiny (I did 512KB) and then format it as ext4.

Also I found out that Elemental X works whereas another custom kernel for this device doesn't, but only with some GSI's. No matter, that's a problem with this kernel.

Thanks for the ROM's and continued updates!

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
So I had an issue of SMS not working in the gapps variant; I saw your post in CAOS or LIR thread suggestiong to use vanilla + gapps. Indeed, SMS now works. On your Gapps ROM I had to force 3G mode to get SMS working so I thought it required RCS. But now with chat features disabled + manual gapps, I can send and receive texts fine while on LTE(+), without chat features enabled.

Chat features cannot verify on this ROM still, I am not sure why - but it's a fickle thing and Google themselves admit issues still so I don't mind. But FWIW, I can get RCS verified and connected on sooti's GSI - somehow his ROM was even more reliable with RCS than stock Pixel ROM; so I am thinking this is probably an operator/Google issue at least partly.

Anyway, yeah - it would be great if you could figure out whats wrong with the Gapps version because it takes manual work to enlarge system + boot a semi-working TWRP + flash NikGapps package with config set to force /system install. Also, I cannot restore from google cloud backup because the crDroid option links to a missing activity now; I believe its part of a customized Google Setup Wizard in crDroid.

If you can't figure it out though, no worries - just a heads up for users might be nice! Every user should be aware that Gapps on any custom 11+ ROM is a bit fickle, GSI's are no exception.

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Huawei P Smart
Hey, @eremitein !

Thank you a lot for your builds. I've learned about your Treble build on another thread by -Alf-, and I was able to install both latest LiR and crDroid (after some tweaking) on a Huawei P Smart 2018 (FIG-LX1 C432).

I recently unlocked its bootloader and updated it to the latest supported stock version of EMUI9 (9.1.0.216). The problem is that it has a small system partition, only about 2.4GB. Looking around, I've found that that most GSI ROMs have multiple versions of the vndk files, so I manually deleted the ones the phone does not need (it uses vndk28 only) and then I could install and boot normally.

I installed LiR first, but because I plan to use MicroG only and it does not support Signature Spoofing, I move to crDroid. I was the best experience out of box: I could enable NFC using Alf's patch (I installed the files manually, but I was not able to fully test if it actually works so far) and even the fingerprint gesture to show the notification shade worked while all other Treble based ROMs didn't.

There are a few small bugs, if I can help fixing them, please tell me how:
  1. No call or notification sounds: UI sounds work, like touch and camera sounds, but nothing else. Stock sound picker shows only None always. Copying a backup I had to the internal storage worked (Alarm/Notifications/Ringtone folders). I can see the files in the system folder /system/product/media/audio, but I have no idea why they do not appear in the Sound Picker app;
  2. If I enable only the sound for the charger connect/disconnect events, it still vibrates (the option in the stock Settings is enabled too);
  3. Calls work, but I think the signal icon does not display the strength value correctly, no matter what I choose in Signal meter method in Phh Treble Settings > Misc features. It seems to be a common issue for most Treble ROMs, do you happen to know any way to improve it?
  4. Ampere reports the wrong battery capacity: sometimes 700mAh while others it shows 900mAh, when the correct value is 3000mAh. I may be related to shorter battery time? Any ideas on how to fix it?
  5. The stock camera app does not work with flash, but I think it is know bug for most Treble ROMs, I have not found a good replacement yet (tried Footej, HedgeCam2 and OpenCamera, I like OpenCamera more so far);
  6. The same goes for the FMRadio app, I was not able to install the stock app back due to some permission issue (maybe I need to sign the APK again).
Again, thank you!
Regards

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
For all audio issues, try alternate audio policy in Phh Settings. Common issue on many SoC's.

For Camera, probably the best choice is a Google Camera mod. Most of them can just be installed as an APK, and many have changed package ID to avoid conflict with Play Store version.

Shouldn't need to re-sign any APK as long as its in priv-app, likely a missing permission or framework jar.

Finally, you should try and test all hardware with original Phh roar build, since hardware support needs to be done at the base.

Reactions: lfom

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Hey, @eremitein !
Thank you a lot for your builds
hi, welcome

I installed LiR first, but because I plan to use MicroG only and it does not support Signature Spoofing
all my builds have signature spoofing, which applied automatically for apks installed inside system "priv-app" folders

about other issues - they is device specific and out of topic here. if you want find more help then welcome to my telegram group, there is some advanced Huawei users (link on the phhusson github page with all GSI ROMs)

Reactions: lfom

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Huawei P Smart
@CosmicDan Audio works fine, including wired and wireless headsets. The problem is that there is no default settings for Call/Notification/Alarm in settings (all set to None) although the files are available in /system/product/media.
I had a GCam installed in EMUI but it crashes a lot more on crDroid.
I will take a look at the stock Phh build as soon as possible, thank you for the tips.

@eremitein Yes, usually LOS has support for signature spoofing, but for some reason I could not setup MicroG properly in LiR, while it worked fine in crDroid. I used a normal APK and the Magisk module.
I have some experience building APKs, I think I can build the proper overlay for FIG-LX1. The correct place to submit it is on Phh GitHub page? Thank you again.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@CosmicDan Audio works fine, including wired and wireless headsets. The problem is that there is no default settings for Call/Notification/Alarm in settings (all set to None) although the files are available in /system/product/media.
I had a GCam installed in EMUI but it crashes a lot more on crDroid.
I will take a look at the stock Phh build as soon as possible, thank you for the tips.

@eremitein Yes, usually LOS has support for signature spoofing, but for some reason I could not setup MicroG properly in LiR, while it worked fine in crDroid. I used a normal APK and the Magisk module.
I have some experience building APKs, I think I can build the proper overlay for FIG-LX1. The correct place to submit it is on Phh GitHub page? Thank you again.
Oh, you meant default audio :D that's interesting, I didn't have this issue. Maybe it selected tones when I logged into Google based on backup.

Yeah I did some reading and Gcam really only works for Qcom devices. I guess your best option is to try and get EMUI Camera working....?

P.S. thanks for update, dev!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid 7.11

Your warranty is now void!
    We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you

crDRom 11 is a project which based on crDroid 7.x with @AndyYan's and @phhusson's Treble GSI patches. Built with some Andy's patches & recommendations, also even without "ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true" flag. And system can run with SELinux enforced state, as original Phh AOSP GSI. Fully compatible with PHH-Treble patches. Has dynamic root which can be activated/deactivated without reboot - 'su' binary and SuperUser app (can works on all devices even with system read-only). Also has dynamic SafetyNet helper (but it compatible not with all devices), users have four ways to pass SafetyNet: a. just enable SafetyNet option (recommended) b. disable SafetyNet and enable "Spoof Pixel 5" then reboot c. enable both options and reboot d. mount system as RW and create empty file /system/phh/secure (legacy method) and in the Recovery do Wipe Data

UPDATE VERSION
    base: crDroid 7.11
    latest build: 2021.10.13
    treble patches: v313+
    SPL: 1 Oct 2021

FEATURES/CHANGES
    see Project page changelog

DOWNLOAD (CLICK H3RE)
    vanilla, gapps, go-gapps: all possible architectures

NAMING
    Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x can either be a or b
    y can either be v, o, g or f
    Z can be N or S

b = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included
    Z = dynamic superuser included

-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)

so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

CONTACTS
    > telegram group
    > project page

KN0WN BUGS
    • excluding fixes, the same as on all R GSI (in some cases doesn't work: broadcasting on TV, calls via BT; offline charging does not work normally; problems with GPS etc etc)
    NOTE: always test ROM first without Magisk (with clean boot.img). and don't send me bug reports if you have:
    a) Magisk installed
    b) modified/custom vendor or kernel
    c) dirty flashing rom without wiping data
    d) modified props values (another device fingerprint and so on)

CREDITS
    persons: @phhusson, @AndyYan
    projects: TrebleGSI • BlissROMs • LineageOS • Havoc-OS • PixelExperience • ABC Rom • GrapheneOS • SyberiaOS