[UNOFFICIAL] crDroid R Mod //crDRom11

Search This thread

juandi34

Nov 25, 2016
yes, and works on my phone. but for your device maybe will not work

I just flash this ROM in my Blackview BV9600E and works very fine. I thinks it´s the most complete. I try using LiR, CAOS and many others, but I think it´s the most complete, but in my phone has a problem that it wasn´t in LiR and CAOS: the location is very slow, and doesn´t works fine (google maps, location in whatsapp ... etc).

eremitein : is there a patch to apply in TWRP to solve it ???

Thank you and congratulations.

Screenshot_20211015-101500961.jpg

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I just flash this ROM in my Blackview BV9600E and works very fine. I thinks it´s the most complete. I try using LiR, CAOS and many others, but I think it´s the most complete, but in my phone has a problem that it wasn´t in LiR and CAOS: the location is very slow, and doesn´t works fine (google maps, location in whatsapp ... etc).

eremitein : is there a patch to apply in TWRP to solve it ???
sorry, i have no fix
did you flashed same gapps zip which used in CAOS/LiR? or you using gappsed builds always?

lfom

Just a quick follow up from my port (#33), after I installed phhusson's AOSP 11.0 v313. All issues I reported besides #2 and #6 also happen with vanilla AOSP, #2 is related to the crDRom11 while #6 is just generic (it would happen with any ROM).
I was able to build an overlay for FIG-LX1 and battery seems to be OK, not as good as stock ROM tho, but I think this is expected. I downgraded the stock system to EMUI8 so I could use the Aonly version, but it seems that some NFC service keeps crashing all the time, slowing down the whole system after a while, and also demanding more battery. So I moved to EMUI9 again and installed the AB version. (small parenthesis here: EMUI8 is Aonly = SAS = System as System, while EMUI9 is AB = SAR = System as Root, at least on FIG-LX1)
The main problem that remains is the cell signal, what is broken. It seems that there is workaround using in some other ROM, but I have found it only on Android Q (A10) ROMs, not A11. If anyone has any tip on how to fix it on Android R ROMs it would be great.
There is another minor issue with cdDRom that I forgot: the Simple Gallery app included is not signed using the same keys as the F-Droid version, so it is not possible to update the app easily. Not a big deal, but I wonder why the F-Droid version wasn't used.
Thanks to @eremitein for all his builds again.

Reactions: AltairFR

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Just a quick follow up from my port (#33), after I installed phhusson's AOSP 11.0 v313. All issues I reported besides #2 and #6 also happen with vanilla AOSP, #2 is related to the crDRom11 while #6 is just generic (it would happen with any ROM).
I was able to build an overlay for FIG-LX1 and battery seems to be OK, not as good as stock ROM tho, but I think this is expected. I downgraded the stock system to EMUI8 so I could use the Aonly version, but it seems that some NFC service keeps crashing all the time, slowing down the whole system after a while, and also demanding more battery. So I moved to EMUI9 again and installed the AB version. (small parenthesis here: EMUI8 is Aonly = SAS = System as System, while EMUI9 is AB = SAR = System as Root, at least on FIG-LX1)
The main problem that remains is the cell signal, what is broken. It seems that there is workaround using in some other ROM, but I have found it only on Android Q (A10) ROMs, not A11. If anyone has any tip on how to fix it on Android R ROMs it would be great.
There is another minor issue with cdDRom that I forgot: the Simple Gallery app included is not signed using the same keys as the F-Droid version, so it is not possible to update the app easily. Not a big deal, but I wonder why the F-Droid version wasn't used.
If its only the cell signal display, it sounds like an overlay issue. Its probably the fact that Android 11 has some new values that aren't in 10, and they're just using defaults.

You said you made an overlay, so you know what you're doing. What I do with making stock ROM overlays is to merge all the xmls I can find relevant to framework, with one set merged on stock ROM only and the second set merged with a Treble ROM. You can do this easily by just whacking in the extra xml's into values and recompiling with apktool - any value that comes *after* will overwrite previous. Vendor is read first I think, so you want vendor xmls to have a filename appearing first (so the /system xmls can overwrite the vendor ones when you recompile).

Then, you end up with two apk's - one is a combined framework-res with *all* values aggregated from stock ROM, the other is a framework apk that's supplanted with GSI values. You can simply decompile these recompiled framework apk's and diff them, since apktool will remove dupes (remember: replacing with what comes in a later xml) and sort the values.

I hope that makes sense. Not only does it ensure that you have gotten *every* value from your stock ROM, but it also allows you to see all the new values in Android 11. Do note that many of those new values will be new defaults of A11 that don't need to be changed, though.

If you're sure you've gotten all overlay values, and also cannot find a new Android 11 signal display values (if they exist or not, I don't know), then you would have to report to Phh as its likely some custom Huwaei framework code.

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
i know for EMUI8 need patch AIO from @Hami_Do, it will fix NFC and other things

Reactions: ROO3VER and Ham1do

lfom

@CosmicDan Thanks. I think I got you, but I also think it is something else, perhaps some other patch in framework-res.apk. Actually, there is a patched cdDroid v7.10 that has the cell signal patch, but I did not figure out yet what exactly was changed.

@eremitein Now I am not sure if his patch fixed the crash or not, but I do remember I was not able to make NFC work, only using the AB version (his patch is only for Aonly ROMs if I recall correctly), but even to make it work I had to install a Magisk module for Kirin 659 devices, apply Alf patch to /vendor partition manually, and then remove the Magisk module, only then I could enable NFC successfully.

I am still looking for a fix to the cell signal. Thanks again.

GroovyG

Jan 18, 2011
In case anyone wonders what happens when you put this ROM on a WP15 with microg :love:

photo_2021-11-08_08-29-30 (2).jpgphoto_2021-11-08_08-29-30.jpg

This is after my first flash, so with a lot of installing, setting up, rebooting, testing etc. going on.
Under normal use scenario it'll probably get to around 50h SOT :ROFLMAO:

GroovyG

Jan 18, 2011
Indeed, it's a beautiful piece of hardware all round. Only the stock software is total garbage as usual (which is really the case for any device haha), but there's your crDroid for that :cool:

I charged it for the first time today, let's see how long it lasts under normal use. Prediction in battery stats now says 17 days left :ROFLMAO:

juandi34

Nov 25, 2016
sorry, i have no fix
did you flashed same gapps zip which used in CAOS/LiR? or you using gappsed builds always?
I have reflashed yesterday on my BV9600E when I was experimenting another roms, but in this time, I have downloaded and flashed another file: crdrom-v313+211013-arm64-boZ.img (for not to have to flash GAPPS).

Great surprise: ... now, location runs quick and fine (only a little magnetic adjust using the 8 movement).

Congratulations.

MuddyDog

Sep 3, 2019
hi, hope you re well and thanks for updating crDRom. except for one show stopper on my PH-1 it is running great.
the bug is that there is no in-call audio. this bug showed up in phh's v400 builds, affecting the ph-1 and some pixel phones. since none of your earlier crDRom builds have this bug, it been introduced (most likely) by something backported from v400.
phh knows about this problem and has it on his Android 12 todo list. hope that it can be backed out or fixed in crDRom.

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
hi, hope you re well and thanks for updating crDRom. except for one show stopper on my PH-1 it is running great.
the bug is that there is no in-call audio. this bug showed up in phh's v400 builds, affecting the ph-1 and some pixel phones. since none of your earlier crDRom builds have this bug, it been introduced (most likely) by something backported from v400.
phh knows about this problem and has it on his Android 12 todo list. hope that it can be backed out or fixed in crDRom.
hi, can you grab logs "adb logcat -b all -d > logs.txt" ? right after reboot and one call
much better without VoLTE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid 7.16

Your warranty is now void!
    We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you

crDRom 11 is a project which based on crDroid 7.x with @AndyYan's and @phhusson's Treble GSI patches. Built with some Andy's patches & recommendations, also even without "ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true" flag. And system can run with SELinux enforced state, as original Phh AOSP GSI. Fully compatible with PHH-Treble patches. Has dynamic root which can be activated/deactivated without reboot - 'su' binary and SuperUser app (can works on all devices even with system read-only). Also has dynamic SafetyNet helper (but it compatible not with all devices), users have four ways to pass SafetyNet: a. just enable SafetyNet option (recommended) b. disable SafetyNet and enable "Spoof Pixel 5" then reboot c. enable both options and reboot d. mount system as RW and create empty file /system/phh/secure (legacy method) and in the Recovery do Wipe Data

UPDATE VERSION
    base
    : crDroid 7.16
    latest build: 2022.03.30
    treble patches: v316
    SPL: 5 Mar 2022

FEATURES/CHANGES
    see Project page changelog

DOWNLOAD (CLICK H3RE)
    vanilla, gapps, go-gapps: all possible architectures

NAMING
    Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH>
    can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x
    can either be a or b
    y
    can either be v, o, g or f
    Z
    can be N or S

b
    = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included
    Z = dynamic superuser included

-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)

so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

CONTACTS
    > telegram group
    > project page

KN0WN BUGS
    • excluding fixes, the same as on all R GSI (in some cases doesn't work: broadcasting on TV, calls via BT; offline charging does not work normally; problems with GPS etc etc)
    NOTE: always test ROM first without Magisk (with clean boot.img). and don't send me bug reports if you have:
    a) Magisk installed
    b) modified/custom vendor or kernel
    c) dirty flashing rom without wiping data
    d) modified props values (another device fingerprint and so on)

CREDITS
    persons:
    @phhusson, @AndyYan
    projects: TrebleGSI • BlissROMs • LineageOS • Havoc-OS • PixelExperience • ABC Rom • GrapheneOS • SyberiaOS • ProtonAOSP
    crDRom R v315 2022.02.01
    download /// changelog