Unofficial CrDroid v7.0 Android 11

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.1 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)
I flashed the ROM, it booted fine, went back and flashed Magisk 20.4, and that failed saying vendor could not be mounted:confused:

Does it have to be 20.1? or have others had success with 20.4?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
yep, 21.0 flashed. In case I wasn't clear, the OP says to flash 20.1

Also, if I can make a suggestion, I would add the following to the file, in prep for if/when crDroid add smart pixel feature
https://github.com/Khalvat-M/androi...rameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
Code:
    <!-- Whether the device supports Smart Pixels -->
    <bool name="config_supportSmartPixels">true</bool>

I had to add the change to enable it in a recent build I have done for crDroid 10
and It was the same for when I was compiling Oreo Havoc-OS

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I did a clean flash. Wiped everything except for my external SDCard.

My mobile connection does not work :confused: I tried a second SIM (my daily) and that also did not work; so either my spare/test device has recently broken, or there is something flakey with the ROM. But, I am guessing its working for everyone else?. Although I did not use it for long before I flashed Magisk, I have a very vague memory that I did get an LTE connection before I flashed Magisk, but I am not sure.

I am also having strange problems with WiFi. I use a MAC filter on my WiFi, and as such, I selected the "use device MAC" on my WiFi connection on the phone (thereby using the allowed / known MAC from previous ROM's). However, It could not connect to my WiFi. So I turned off the MAC filter on my modem, and I could then connect to my WiFi. I then checked what the phone was connecting as, and it WAS the MAC address I was already allowing to connect to my WiFi. So I switched the MAC filter back on in my WiFi modem, and then my phone could not connect!! its as if it is trying to connect / authenticate using a different MAC address, to what it uses once it is connected:confused: Effectively, WiFi does not work for me.:crying:

I also could not actually even see any GPS satellites, let alone get a fix:crying:

And just as I have found in Android 10, I think the album art is broken. If I am correct and it is broken, this is a problem with AOSP as well as LOS (i.e. the source for crDroid)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I've noticed another weird thing which may be device specific.

Every time I reboot, the brightness is reset. I think it has also happened when the phone screen is off for a while.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I've just upgraded my WiFi to dual band (ie 2.4GHz & 5GHz). Using this ROM, I cannot connect (or even see) 5GHz WiFi networks. My daily (Havoc Oreo) has no problems connecting to the 5GHz WiFi.

Although I can connect to the 2.4GHz network, I just tried a WiFi analyser app from the playstore, and it cannot even see the 2.4GHz network (let alone 5GHz)

Also, I have changed my wallpaper to a live wallpaper, yet on first boot, the lockscreen shows the default static wallpaper at first.

Last edited:

khalvat

Apr 10, 2015
I've just upgraded my WiFi to dual band (ie 3.4GHz & 5GHz). Using this ROM, I cannot connect (or even see) 5GHz WiFi networks. My daily (Havoc Oreo) has no problems connecting to the 5GHz WiFi.

Although I can connect to the 2.4GHz network, I just tried a WiFi analyser app from the playstore, and it cannot even see the 2.4GHz network (let alone 5GHz)

Also, I have changed my wallpaper to a live wallpaper, yet on first boot, the lockscreen shows the default static wallpaper at first.

i did use 2.4 and 5.0 on hotspot(for fisrt time in custom) and wifi befor. its strang whats happened after repo sync

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
i did use 2.4 and 5.0 on hotspot(for fisrt time in custom) and wifi before. its strange whats happened after repo sync
If I understand you correctly, you tested it on a previous version? and not the last build?

The thing to remember, although it was a clean flash, I upgraded my WiFi to 5GHz after I had flashed this ROM. so this specific device has never connected to 5GHz, so its possible it is my device. But the fact I cannot even see 2.4GHz networks in a WiFi analyser app makes me think it isnt my device (NB it connects to my 2,4GHz band)

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member
* * * REMINDER * * *

Please keep all comments in this thread directly related to the development of THIS Rom.

Off-topic and any other rule violating comments will be deleted.

Off-topic comments (especially asking help with possibly illegal activity) do not belong in the development thread, please take non-development conversations to the DISCUSSION section..

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiamondJohn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build 2021-04-06

Merged April security patch
    Need Latest Gapps (Arm) (Nano) for Android 11 Because 31-01-2021 Build have Various Bug.
    You can find all the available links in my ⚡S4 Unified Collection & Guides⚡
    New build 2020-12-14

Included december security patch
    Bug fixes
    New build 2021-04-06

Merged April security patch
    New build 2020-03-15

Required clean flash

Merged march security patch
    images.jpeg

Features:

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Rom Download Link :

Lineage Recovery link :

Recomended Bootloader/Modem :

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS - Not updated yet for 11.0 -- use Beta from link below
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 11.0
    OpenGapps :

BITAGaaps :

Device Source:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    TWRP Link :
    1) Copy crDroid zip, GAPPS zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash GAPPS
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.1 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)

ROM Asking for Decryption key on boot:
    This isn't a ROM issue, but an issue with your device. Kindly boot into TWRP and go to wipe - choose FORMAT - TYPE - YES
    ***This WILL wipe your INTERNAL storage. Backup before performing the format.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

WHATS WORKING
    1. Ril (Call&Network)
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Sounds
    4. Sensors
    5. Gps
    6. Wifi
    7. Camera

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:
    - fagyi - Can't stress enough how much you do. Thank you so much for everything!!!
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA
    - AOSIP
    - AICP
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you've been left out just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.0 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the S4 i9506( ks01lte)

Contributors
    khalvat
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-10-01
    Last Updated 2021-04-06
    Need Latest Gapps (Arm) (Nano) for Android 11 Because 31-01-2021 Build have Various Bug.
    You can find all the available links in my ⚡S4 Unified Collection & Guides⚡
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone