Unofficial CrDroid v7.0 Android 11

Search This thread

TableCraft0R

Jun 20, 2013
Android 11's SurfaceFlinger blur effects seem to work nice in this ROM (compared to other roms this is live blur effect, meaning it updates as the content underneath changes.)
j6nyle.png

The only issue is that it seem to max the gpu of this phone, which i remember back in Mi3 days the live blur effect of miui 6 did not lag at all. I mentioned that phone because that has a slightly worse version of the S5 SOC (800 vs 801)
Now the solution is increasing the downscale ratio of the blur effect if that's even possible, as reducing the resolution before applying blur effects will make the effect lighter. (And i hope the code changes gets upstreamed so more android 11 devices can enjoy this feature)

EDIT: I found the line of code in AOSP that is responsible for changing the downscale ratio of blur effects. I think it can be reduced to 0.1? (1920->192) to give our old Adreno GPU easier time rendering those expensive blur effects.

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
A bug I've seen on a other device lineageOS android 11 as well
Take a photo or a screenshot
Open in gallery
Edit, crop, press tickmark press save
Gallery FC. Image vanished, no edited image saved.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
No sigspoof patch?
Nice: qr scanner now works for WiFi setup
Seedvault backup integrated
MicroG Settings FC in self-check. Tried AS user app and system APP (nanodroid)
Bluetooth low energy beacons can be sent and received (covid-19 tracing)
@khalvat, I see signature spoofing permission. It is really sad that microG self-check crashes. Should I send logcat?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I tried to get an logcat of an app FCing. I can see the crash in matlog. But I can neither save in matlog. Nor can I establish an adb connection for adb logcat. What's the recommended method?

kiwi32

Apr 25, 2010
Wow, thank you so much khalvat ! The ROM is very smooth and gives a new breath to my s5, I needed ethernet tethering for my setup.
I do have a question for you guys tho, I've been trying to get this to work for hours.

I need my s5 to automatically power on when plugged in the charger.

I had this working before on android 8 rom by extracting boot.img in the kitchen, modding init.rc
on charger
class_start charger
and change to:
Code:
on charger
setprop sys.powerctl reboot
and flashing it back. It worked perfectly. But I can no longer do that with this rom because it's system-as-a-root, so I cannot extract the ramdisk properly.
Is there any other way to make it boot automatically on charger plug-in ? Any other way of modding the init.rc ?
Thanks !

kiwi32

Apr 25, 2010
Hello kiwi32 !
Unless alot of people ask for this feature khalvat will sure add it , but now he is probably focusing on fixing bugs. ;)

Of course, completely understand. I thought maybe there was a way to make it work already and I had just missed it...
Thanks,

2mecky

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks 2mecky , but I uninstalled this ROM because it has some bugs that are distracting and missing stuff (understandable as a alpha build) because this is my daily driver.
NOTICE:
If you go to comments on that website they are saying the same issue's as I said and they are working on it
I'm still using it, although only on a spare phone I use for testing so it's not my daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build 2021-04-07

merged April security patch
    New build 2021-04-07

merged April security patch
    Thank you very much, Sir for the new build. I just dirty flashed it and my system is up and running. I believe that one day you will finally solve the issue with the crDroid Settings freezing when the user is scrolling through the tabs.

I hope that other users will soon express here their experiences with the best of all KLTE ROMS out there.

Have a lot of fun, guys
    New Build 2021-01-25 is available

Fixed bad battery drain
    Fixed minor bugs
    images.jpeg

Features:

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Rom Download Link :

Kltechn :

Klte:

Device sources:

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS - Not updated yet for 11.0 -- use Beta from link below
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 11.0
    OpenGapps :

BITAGaaps :

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    TWRP Link : https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys5qualcomm.html
    1) Copy crDroid zip, GAPPS zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash GAPPS
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.1 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)

ROM Asking for Decryption key on boot:
    This isn't a ROM issue, but an issue with your device. Kindly boot into TWRP and go to wipe - choose FORMAT - TYPE - YES
    ***This WILL wipe your INTERNAL storage. Backup before performing the format.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

WHATS WORKING
    1. Ril (Call&Network)
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Sounds
    4. Sensors
    5. Gps
    6. Wifi
    7. Camera
    8. Fingerprint

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:
    - fagyi - Can't stress enough how much you do. Thank you so much for everything!!!
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA
    - AOSIP
    - AICP
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you've been left out just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.0 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the S5 ( klte)

Contributors
    khalvat
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-10-04
    Last Updated 2021-04-07
    New build 2021-01-07 is available

Fixed Sim pin
    Fixed Fingerprint
    selinux is enforcing now