Unofficial CrDroid v7.0 Android 11

Captain Kangaroo

Aug 4, 2018
Paris
SM-G900F – crDroid 0204 – Rom Kernel – Magisk 21.4 - no gapps – use as my daily driver with great satisfaction.

I experienced a strange issue this morning putting my device on. Only buildin apps (tel, sms, contact, …) works but installed apk didn’t (quick fading app home but no message). Magisk was gone.

First tried to dirty reflash crDroid without effect, then I reinstalled all my apks apps and magisk! Now all works perfect as yesterday.

I grab one log as is morning and one after apks reinstallation for further investigation.

Attachments

Reactions: pmduper

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Does this rom still cause anyone to have any boot looping?

Stock camera app didn't have option to change storage from internal to external, why?
In all previous versions of Android I never had this issue. I installed Open Camera app and was able to change storage location within that app.

Since there is no Gapps for Android 11 yet on Open Gapps website I used BitGapps.

G900V

Lister Of Smeg

May 20, 2013
Reactions: pmduper

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Hi @Droid9684,

You can use the "Testing" version of OpenGApps from their SourceForge website as found here...

These seem to work reasonably well so far... no major issues that I am aware of??

Cheers, Lister

Thanks I had found them earlier. I'm having a lot of crashing apps and my phone is slow as molasses! I've gotten LOS 18.1 to work tho. I came from a fairly stable rom on 7.1 Nougat. I have yet to try this rom out again but i'm sure I will soon.

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
New build 2021-02-04 is available

merged feb security patch

fixed 5GHz hotspot FOR FIRST TIME IN CUSTOM ROM

fixed minor bugs
Hi Sir Khalvat,

I just want to add to say a big thank like everybody else already did. Gentleman, you are a GENIUS. Somebody else said that you are a legend. Believe it or not, YOU ARE. My Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) is running without any noticeable issue for me. I am sure that sooner or later you will solve the minor problem mentioned elsewhere about the crDroid specific settings freezing on some tabs.

I am having a lot of fun using your amazing ROM. God Bless You, gentleman.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Yes its a mistake after new patch merge will fix soon
When I try to install adaway or busy box it would not let me do it so I access the root partition using a Root browser and I see bunch of folder with the crazy numbers on it looks like they are encrypted so I went into the TWRP and when I get there it does not look encrypted so I boot back in browse to the browser and those files are still looks like an encrypted with a bunch of crazy numbers do you know how to fix that issue thank you

I'm just using your same rom with the b i t g apps nothing else on my G900v

Xplor3r

Jul 22, 2014
Tokyo
When I try to install adaway or busy box it would not let me do it so I access the root partition using a Root browser and I see bunch of folder with the crazy numbers on it looks like they are encrypted so I went into the TWRP and when I get there it does not look encrypted so I boot back in browse to the browser and those files are still looks like an encrypted with a bunch of crazy numbers do you know how to fix that issue thank you

I'm just using your same rom with the b i t g apps nothing else on my G900v
Did you root your phone? Because "normally" without root, AdAway and Busy cannot do their jobs.