[Unofficial] Google Pixel family support

Search This thread

admiralspeedy

Dec 22, 2011
Now that you have your own thread, any chance you'll be pushing to Git more frequently for those of use who can build it on our own?

I'd appreciate it if you could.

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA
So the 13.3 will lose root with Magisk Hide enabled after a little bit. 13_10 (the previous version) should work, but will no longer pass Safety Net....is that the correct state of things?

goodwin_c

Mar 29, 2010
Lemberg
Now that you have your own thread, any chance you'll be pushing to Git more frequently for those of use who can build it on our own?

I'd appreciate it if you could.

I'm trying my best. But it is pain in ass to merge official commits with my work. Sometimes it's hard to find time even to prepare new build. But i'll try to update github more offten

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA
I thought you could place a file in the /magisk/.core/service.d/ folder (with 755 permissions) that gets ran on startup to do the same thing?

resetprop --delete init.svc.magisk_pfs
resetprop --delete init.svc.magisk_pfsd
resetprop --delete init.svc.magisk_service
resetprop --delete persist.magisk.hide

goodwin_c

Mar 29, 2010
Lemberg
Looks like my last local build of 13.3 is working solid (finally!), but i forgot my usb cable at office, so can't debug why creation of magisk.img fails during flashing.
So, for now i'm uploading build without fixed install step. Check my AFH!
p.s. new package is Magisk-v13.3-Pixel-b1.zip

jkashuba07

Aug 7, 2014
getting "magisk image mount failed" with 13.3 and 13.3-b1 on my Pixel XL. Do I need to be on the latest bootloader? I'm using April's at the moment. I just freshly installed Lineage by invisblek

goodwin_c

Mar 29, 2010
Lemberg
getting "magisk image mount failed" with 13.3 and 13.3-b1 on my Pixel XL. Do I need to be on the latest bootloader? I'm using April's at the moment. I just freshly installed Lineage by invisblek

This is known issue if you are installing latest build and before you had no Magisk. You can wait day or two until i will fix this, or you can use workaround: install Magisk v13 (new10 suffix) and after that install latest 13.3-b1

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA
Installed 13.3-b1 with no issue. Root present and working, but SafetyNet is failing (was working previously under 13.3). I tried rebooting, but this did not help. This does not require a new apk, does it?

goodwin_c

Mar 29, 2010
Lemberg
Installed 13.3-b1 with no issue. Root present and working, but SafetyNet is failing (was working previously under 13.3). I tried rebooting, but this did not help. This does not require a new apk, does it?

try to re-enable Magisk Hide and wait minute or two to give it to settle
P.S. Next release will come with uninstall script ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's bring some love to our google-phones!
    [Reserved for feature meaningful content]

P.S. As of now, you may check my AFH folder with all my builds - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=183895
    Hi guys,

Sorry for no news so long - i had hard days with business trips and later small vacation to have some rest. Writing just small note for now - i'm starting working on new update, going to backport all my changes over latest magisk sources. Hope that it will not take too long time.
    Also, I'm planning to try Oreo somewhere soon (maybe just after i will prepare new update) - so will check how things are going with Magisk.
    As promised, fresh update:
    - Magisk-v13.3-Pixel-b2.zip - with small fixed, updated flash part (yes, now it doesn't fail on fresh installs)
    - latest MagiskManager-5_1_1.apk
    - and, finally! Magisk-uninstaller-20170720.zip

What i did on my device - flashed uninstaller script, reflashed ROM+gapps from scrach. After that flashed b2 magisk. Result - everything works just fine immediately after flash - SN passes, root works.
    P.S. Tests are made on RR+stock kernel. For other combinations extra checks may be needed
    P.P.S. For those having issues - i recommend to flash uninstaller zip and reflash rom, reboot and only then flash latest magisk
    UNOFFICIAL Magisk v14 - 2017-09-17

I built it myself this morning also. Working well on my 32GB Pixel XL, stock Oreo build OPR3.170623.007 (from September developer image).

I did have an error regarding the installer being unable to mount /system as it was in use. Everything seems to be working fine, however.

The only issue I'm running into is when installing Unified Hosts Adblock, which could be Pixel-related or Module-related. I'll check in with the module maintainer later if I have time and offer to help.

Other modules I've tried (Noto Colour Emoji, Greenify) installed and are operating as expected.
    New build is ready on my AFH - 13.3 build 4. Changes are minor - some small fixes under the hood + updated manager inside of flash package. Also, magisk logger is now fixed (yes, it had some issues before :) )
    For those who like to check sources - just updated my github repo with all latest changes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone