Unofficial how to set up ps3 Sixaxis controller App thread

Search This thread

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
I have seen so many fellow members having trouble setting up ps3 dual shock to play games on android phones and tablets. So I'm starting this to help out the noobs trying to get their gaming fix on ;).

You need

1. A rooted Android device 2.2 plus
2. Official Sony ps3 dual shock controller
3. Sixaxis app from Google play store
4. A PC with the sixaxis pair tool downloaded from http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/about.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8cU1DBxuLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
With that in mind watch this video I created covering the basics for profiles and initial set up.

I am in no way shape or form responsible for what you break or screw up. Nor am I affiliated with dancing pixels project.

This thread is for people to share profiles and settings they may use and for others who need help if they are experiencing problems.

Keep in mind using different display dpis will throw off profiles if they are shared.

Your youtube video wouldn't play for me, not sure why.

What I did is:
1) downloaded/installed that sixaxis pair tool
2) plugged the PS3 controller into my computer
3) downloaded/installed sixaxis controller app to my Nexus 7
4) started the sixaxis controller app and hit Start, let it get to listening for controllers then I hit Stop
5) started the sixaxis pair tool
6) In the pair tool I changed the master to match the "local bluetooth address" at the bottom of the controller app screen on my Nexus 7
7) Unplug PS3 controller
8) On the Nexus 7 I hit Start again, wait for listening to controllers again
9) Hit the PS button on the PS3 controller
10) Done!

Last edited:

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
i did everything the instructions said on there site and i get no controller found everytime i try to pair controller on the nexus 7 app. I copied it exactly from sixxaxis tool correctly and still nothing??

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Make sure u have the newest version from Google play or it don't work with jellybean. And make sure sixaxis ime is checked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

omni_angel7

Mar 9, 2011
Orlando
Thanks much, dude. I'll give this a shot tonight. Hopefully there's something I haven't tried in your video. I'm running out of options here :p

Sent from my Nexus 7

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
U have to make sure the Bluetooth address on your controller matches exactly that off your tablet. And make sure it is a official ps3 controller.

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
HOw do I do this on linux? I just paid for the app and i'm rooted and I have two original ps3 controllers.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
The instructions here are somewhat out of date, all pairing with PS3 controllers in Sixaxis Controller can now be done on the device itself via a USB OTG connection. No need to PC clients or anything like that. I have a video in my youtube channel showing how to do it now and how to set up touch emulation profiles. Will post it later when I get home.

Nexcellent

Dec 1, 2011
Cleveland, OH
The instructions here are somewhat out of date, all pairing with PS3 controllers in Sixaxis Controller can now be done on the device itself via a USB OTG connection. No need to PC clients or anything like that. I have a video in my youtube channel showing how to do it now and how to set up touch emulation profiles. Will post it later when I get home.

Some people do not have an OTG cable!

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
And out of date how. Many devices don't have a USB host so your otg cable dont work. ONLY a select few were deemed even remotely working for the nexus 7. And its pretty self explanatory if u have an otg cable that works along in the app that will recognize your controller.

simplyphp

Nov 9, 2009

What I did is:
4) started the sixaxis controller app and hit Start, let it get to listening for controllers then I hit Stop
6) In the pair tool I changed the master to match the "local bluetooth address" at the bottom of the controller app screen on my Nexus 7
7) Unplug PS3 controller
10) Done!

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Weird my views keep going up on it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010

What I did is:
7) Unplug PS3 controller
10) Done!

perfect instructions!!

lunchmeat78

Jul 17, 2009
I get it to connect, but none of my buttons are active, even with the native support games. Not sure how to remedy this situation.

Cy_n_ic

Sep 11, 2010
First time usng ths app and im impressed. I thought dead trigger was fun with touch but i kept accidentally reloading when i want to either aim or fire. I can already tell im going t blow alot of cash for games on the nexus 7. All i need now is a case with a kickstand or cover that will hold it upright.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen so many fellow members having trouble setting up ps3 dual shock to play games on android phones and tablets. So I'm starting this to help out the noobs trying to get their gaming fix on ;).

You need

1. A rooted Android device 2.2 plus
    2. Official Sony ps3 dual shock controller
    3. Sixaxis app from Google play store
    4. A PC with the sixaxis pair tool downloaded from http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/about.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8cU1DBxuLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    With that in mind watch this video I created covering the basics for profiles and initial set up.

I am in no way shape or form responsible for what you break or screw up. Nor am I affiliated with dancing pixels project.

This thread is for people to share profiles and settings they may use and for others who need help if they are experiencing problems.

Keep in mind using different display dpis will throw off profiles if they are shared.

What I did is:
    7) Unplug PS3 controller
    10) Done!

What I did is:
    7) Unplug PS3 controller
    10) Done!
    Hey Everyone,

When performing this step:

I see no local bluetooth address on my Nexus 7. All it says is press start to see local address but when I press start nothing happenes? I tried reinstalling the app. Any suggestions?

Make sure your rooted. Go in super user and delete the settings for six axis try again. U need to press start to get the Bluetooth address.

Hello,

I am currently having issues with the Sixaxis tool. When trying to Start the tool to get the Bluetooth address I am running into a permission issue.

java.lang.Security.Exception: Permission Denial: broadcast asks to run as user - 1 but is calling from user - 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL or android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS...

I have rooted my Nexus 7 using the Nexus 7 Toolkit from the forums here. I am not sure what is going wrong I have followed the instruction from this thread, can anyone provide some insight please?

Thanks.

Are you running android 4.2?

That's the problem.
    We're waiting on a fix from the dev for 4.2 users.