[Unofficial] Lineage 18.1 for Xperia X Performance [Treble]

Search This thread

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
A new rom (20210802) can be downloaded. Happy to see that there are still updates!

Last edited:

makax

Apr 19, 2019
Sony Xperia X Performance
Lineage 18.1 for Xperia X Performance
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.x (R),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
2. You need to flash Stock 41.3.A.2.149 and boot into it before flashing this ROM.
3. This ROM is suitable for dual and single model
4. You will meet a delay when recognize sim at the first boot.
5. VoLTE is supported, but you need to enable it on stock firmware at first.
6. We support Gcam, but you need to install Gapps at first.

Downloads Links
LineageOS 18.1:
Unofficial:

Google Applications (optional):
NikGapps:
https://nikgapps.com/ (ARM64->Android R->core,)
Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install:

Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
Reboot
LineageOS update/upgrade:

Wipe cache and dalvik cache
Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
Reboot

About the builds:

Source: https://github.com/linelessos

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
The LineageOS Team
The CyanogenMod Team
The SODP Team.
Olivier
Chippa_a
Everyone involved in working and testing

Contributors
@erikcas @Sjll
ROM OS Version: 11.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information

hi, i install thia rom and my device is rebooting every 10 minutes Anyone have any idea how to fix that??

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
Yes, reflash to Stock 41.3.A.2.149 (you can use Xperifirm), then flash rom again following the instructions thoroughly.
That‘s what should help in most cases!

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
I don't know about the mic issue, but to run Banking Apps your device has to pass SafetyNet. To achieve this: Flash Magisk, then go to Settings and activate MagiskHide. Install the MagiskHide Props Config module. After reboot install Termux from PlayStore. Open the App, type "su", then type "props". Select 1 and choose a new fingerprint from a different Xperia device.

Reactions: makax

makax

Apr 19, 2019
I don't know about the mic issue, but to run Banking Apps your device has to pass SafetyNet. To achieve this: Flash Magisk, then go to Settings and activate MagiskHide. Install the MagiskHide Props Config module. After reboot install Termux from PlayStore. Open the App, type "su", then type "props". Select 1 and choose a new fingerprint from a different Xperia device.
Sorry if i am annoy, but inhave another issue, i cant watch videos, when i open youtube, or youtube vanced or netflix, my screen just go black and i cant do nothing, the video is still play but i cant see nothing

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
Sorry if i am annoy, but inhave another issue, i cant watch videos, when i open youtube, or youtube vanced or netflix, my screen just go black and i cant do nothing, the video is still play but i cant see nothing
My device works perfectly and plays back all videos (YouTube Vanced, streaming services, ...)
So I suggest you shoud to a complete reset of your phone (as explained in #23). Maybe that solves your other issues, too!

wltrptn

Apr 20, 2016
Great!

after 1 hour: It keeps auto rebooting after 15 mins on time.
hot
calling crash.

AFTER 1 DAY of customising = AWESOME AWEOSME AWESOME!
Thankyou, especially the screen recorder inbuild system sound recorder like iphone!

And the Calling Volume normal!

Last edited:

PPGX5II

My device works perfectly and plays back all videos (YouTube Vanced, streaming services, ...)
So I suggest you shoud to a complete reset of your phone (as explained in #23). Maybe that solves your other issues, too!
YouTube videos work mostly but certain videos(not sure if 4K or something) make stutter and black screen or phone hangs and reboots.

CYB3R-SH4D0W

Dec 21, 2020
Code:
/*
*/
About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.x (R),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
2. You need to flash Stock 41.3.A.2.149 and boot into it before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
LineageOS 18.1:
Unofficial:

NikGapps:
Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install:

Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
Reboot

Reboot

About the builds:

Issues and reports

Also thanks to:
The LineageOS Team
The CyanogenMod Team
The SODP Team.
Olivier
Chippa_a

Contributors
@erikcas @Sjll

Version Information
HI! This is some awesome work, and it'll much probably help me with the battery life of the X Performance model. But, well, i have a question: Does this rom has a custom Kernel? Or do you know if i could install Kali NetHunter upon it? I'm kind of new to this stuff, but the thing is, i don't want to install Kali NetHunter using the original rom and kernel not only because of the battery life (which could be improved by using a custom rom) but also due to the fact that there are some functions on Kali NetHunter which will not work on a stardad rom.

A quote from their website: "The Kali NetHunter interface allows you to easily work with complex configuration files through a local web interface. This feature, together with a custom kernel that supports 802.11 wireless injection and preconfigured connect back VPN services, make the Kali NetHunter a formidable network security tool or discrete drop box - with Kali Linux at the tip of your fingers wherever you are!"

daviking222

Apr 29, 2012
@Sjll
Nice work! The old device can work again!

But still some problems to report:
1. Usb-otg not working even turn usb otg tile button on. But in recovery usb otg work!
2. Kernel really need tweak because the original device bad design caused high thermal and battery drain problem. When testing, high thermal cause most device not stable, crash reboot.
3. magisk safetynet not pass. Only ctsProfile not pass.
4. May add some more custom Rom like RR, Crdroid...
5. In Gcam, NGcam 8.2.300 v3, work good! Camera, front camera, video 60fps 4k, 1/4slowmo is ok, but use a while the overheat caused device crash reboot and many things not work. After cooling, everything work again. And gcam photo process cause crash, too. Really need some tweak about temperature control.

Thank for the hard work!

Last edited:

xiaxiaoyu12138

Oct 24, 2021
Hello!
I tried build a kernel for this ROM and found something very annoying...
As we know since marshmallow android has introduced adoptable storage and that's really a good stuff.
I was using TF card which supports UHS-III,but legacy devices before xz1 (including XZs) could only reach 33MB/s sequential read & 23MB/s sequential write.
I modified msm8996.dtsi,some files under /include/linux/mmc to alter bandwidth and host frequency,and the outcome was still disappointing, 42MB/s Reading and 26MB/s Writing.
Seems that the TF card only works under SDR50/DDR52 mode in X Performace,but S820 DOES support SDR104 mode.
I have no further idea how to tackle that problem.Could you please help working it out? It's pretty cool if X Performace owns a 128GB extended storage and is capable of launching APPs as fast as internal storage...

jokemain99

Nov 21, 2021
The touch drive is not working properly and the multi-finger touch seems to have problems

Attachments

• 2021-11-21 15-54-4620211121163432.mp4
    937.7 KB · Views: 0

cylord83

Dec 2, 2021
Hello, i have installed 18.1 and 17.1 before. In TWRP shows the debug that cannot mount data/media atc. when I start lineage 17.1 or 18.1, then I can not establish a data connection. The device is charging, but in the settings all other options are not selectable. All cables worked with the original ROM. Can you help me? Thanks very much!

jlabo

Feb 15, 2019
D'dorf
Random daily reboots. Sometimes heavy reboots, several times in a row. Otherwise the ROM is great.
I made the same experience. Today I updated my Dora device with the new version 20211214 (- thank you Syll -) but I still got reboots several times a day and also several times in a row. I would like to know how this problem could be solved or if it is going to be handled with a future version...

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
After a few days of usage and tweaking, the rom from August really went well on my device. Hopefully things won't get worse with the new rom.
However, this update ist greatly appreciated again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    */
    About LineageOS

Important Information

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 18.1:
    Unofficial:

NikGapps:

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install:

Reboot

Reboot

About the builds:

Issues and reports

Also thanks to:
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team.
    Olivier
    Chippa_a

Contributors
    @erikcas @Sjll

Version Information
    Thank you for your hard work!

But...I can't be download lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-dora.zip.
    websites always prompt no mirrors found.
    can you help me? Thank you very much.

ps.
    Any ROM other than this can be downloaded normally.
    when are you going to support 5ghz wifi bandwith
    5Ghz hotspot? Not sure our hardware support it.

and does it have support for gcam and if not could i flash camera2api enabler to use it
    Why not try Gcam and get the answer before you asked this question?

Installed it with stock NicksGapps and it works fine but couple of issues which I reported on other Lineage versions are still there, double tap to wake not working and physical camera key not working. Those should be easily repro-able and I did fresh installation.
    I will report more if I find any.
    Physical camera key needs to be enabled in Settings.