• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Unofficial] Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ [Treble]

Search This thread

rfpower66

Jun 18, 2021
Hey, I installed Linage 18.1 ,and NikGapps Full Arm64 120621 - Everything is working great - Except android auto.
It works standalone on phone, it registers when connecting to vehicle, but it doesnt start on the vehicles display.
It shows on the phone that car is connected, but doesnt show up in the vehicle at all.
This worked fine on the same phone on stock ROM. Any ideas?

Manu21Blackjack

May 14, 2021
I did some testing on my Sony XZ F8331 (including UBports) I would now like to return to this build, which seemed to me to be very performing

but I wanted to ask if it is reliable in terms of security?
Trust, by lineage it gives warnings on SELinux and also on "this build was signed with public keys" - is this message normal?
I can use it as a ROM for every day including more important apps like that of a bank
what do you think guys? do you use it only for testing?

xyphen101

Jun 26, 2016
** When you are using wired earphones you can't hear the alert of calls, you cant hear the person on the other line and the other line can't hear you as well. but when wired earphones disconnect it works fine. (tried different types of wired 3.5mm jack headsets same problem) While with Bluetooth earbuds and earphones it's all working with no problem.
has anyone had a solution to this now? about the wired earphones affecting the voice calls and alerts @Sjll

Last edited:

YuTangg

Jul 9, 2021
thank you brother. you do very well. but i have 1 problem that the device drains battery and gets extremely hot. is there any way to fix it?

GeelongLing

FEATURES AND ISSUES
- Fingerprint: Ok
I've had your ROM installed on my phone for around 3-4 days now and it is great, but I have found myself having issues with the fingerprint sensor. Sometimes when the phone boots, if I don't immediately enter my PIN code and the phone sleeps, pressing the power button will cause it to reboot. If I leave the phone in sleep mode and try to unlock it by pressing the power button, it will also reboot. I experienced this only once on the first day of having the ROM installed but it is becoming more frequent and my phone has already restarted 5 times today due to the issue. A "workaround" is to disable fingerprint unlock, but that's quite inconvenient. Hoping for a fix soon.

Reactions: xyphen101

GeelongLing

I was also having an issue with my microphone using this ROM. Whenever I was recording a video or using the "Recorder" app which was preinstalled, my microphone was always very quiet. I fixed the issue with the pro version of an app called "Root Volume Mixer +Booster/Microphone" from the Play Store. Apparently all it does is edit mixer_paths.xml. I've attached my patched file from /system/vendor/etc in case anyone is having the same issue.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any loss and/or damage, neither hardware nor software related if any issues arise after following my instructions. Everything should work fine, but I've only tested this on my own phone.

Make sure you set the permissions of the file to rw-r-r (0644) after you copy it to /system/vendor/etc. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work for both the single SIM (F8331) and dual SIM (F8332) models of the Xperia XZ, especially since I'm pretty sure this ROM changes your model number to that of the dual SIM variant (F8332), however, I haven't tested it on any device other than my own F8331, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: xyphen101

mirhl

Oct 15, 2012
Putting aside I still wouldn't know if my past Android Auto luck was due to the rom or the older gapps version, I shall point out this week an important breaking bug was supposedly fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also just go and set the default application for phone calls (it seems to be unset by default, which led to this behaviour for me).
    Yes you could, you just have to trust in the community instead of google ;--)
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    I've had your ROM installed on my phone for around 3-4 days now and it is great, but I have found myself having issues with the fingerprint sensor. Sometimes when the phone boots, if I don't immediately enter my PIN code and the phone sleeps, pressing the power button will cause it to reboot. If I leave the phone in sleep mode and try to unlock it by pressing the power button, it will also reboot. I experienced this only once on the first day of having the ROM installed but it is becoming more frequent and my phone has already restarted 5 times today due to the issue. A "workaround" is to disable fingerprint unlock, but that's quite inconvenient. Hoping for a fix soon.
    I was also having an issue with my microphone using this ROM. Whenever I was recording a video or using the "Recorder" app which was preinstalled, my microphone was always very quiet. I fixed the issue with the pro version of an app called "Root Volume Mixer +Booster/Microphone" from the Play Store. Apparently all it does is edit mixer_paths.xml. I've attached my patched file from /system/vendor/etc in case anyone is having the same issue.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any loss and/or damage, neither hardware nor software related if any issues arise after following my instructions. Everything should work fine, but I've only tested this on my own phone.

Make sure you set the permissions of the file to rw-r-r (0644) after you copy it to /system/vendor/etc. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work for both the single SIM (F8331) and dual SIM (F8332) models of the Xperia XZ, especially since I'm pretty sure this ROM changes your model number to that of the dual SIM variant (F8332), however, I haven't tested it on any device other than my own F8331, so your mileage may vary.

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot: Ok
    - Bluetooth: Ok
    - WiFi: Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot: 2.4 Ghz Only
    - RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    - VoLTE: Ok
    - GPS: Ok
    - Camera: Ok
    - Camcorder: Ok
    - Lights: Ok
    - MicroSD: Ok
    - Accelerometer: Ok
    - Compass: Ok
    - Gyroscope: Ok
    - QTI sensors: Ok
    - Touchscreen: Ok
    - FM Radio: NA
    - Vibrator: Ok
    - Microphone: Ok
    - Audio & music: Ok
    - Bluetooth audio: Ok
    - NFC: No
    - Kernel: Ok
    - Graphics: Ok
    - 3D Rendering: Ok
    - Clock: Ok
    - DRM: No test
    - Offline Charging: No
    - USB: Ok
    - USB Tethering:  No test
    - USB OTG: No test
    - Encryption: No
    - SEPolicies: Permissive
    20210503 version report:
    • camera reboot issue - I didn't experience any of it so far, so maybe fixed
    • flashlight reboot issue - only experienced once only, so maybe fixed
    • fingerprint reboot issue - fixed
    • launch app reboot issue - partially fixed but not all
    • lock screen freeze issue - fixed
    • Bluetooth connect issue - fixed
    • call phone issue - fixed
    additional issues (those do not affect the phone's functionality)
    • double-tap to wake screen - not working
    • pixel's "now playing" feature - when I go through setting and tap the suggestion tile on the top to set it up, it stops.
    Everything else is fine, TOTALLY OKAY FOR DAILY USES.
    THANKS!
    I hadn't been modding for a long time, I particularly like this rom, really well done
    I've been testing it for a few days on an F8331 - with build 20210503

in general, it is very good
    1. fast and responsive
    2. battery (even though I've been testing it for a few days) has a very long life
    3. fingerprint works 10/10
    4. flashlight, looks more powerful than the official android which mounted before (8.0)
    5. One of the camera sensors, emits more light for focusing
    6. speaker volume higher than usual

bug.
    1. I only noticed 3 reboots with google camera go (with other apps it's fine)
    2. overheats a little (but it could be because I'm stressing it out)

other.
    Trust, by lineage it gives warnings on SELinux and also on "this build was signed with public keys"
    (do you think these are two big problems? can they be fixed somehow? is a device with build signed with public keys reliable?)

Thanks to the Developer! great great job!

Testing build version 20210503, device used is F8331, Flashed using Clean installation method.

** GPS Location still not working/ can't detect my location​

*** whenever the phone froze/lag/hang , the phone will reboot all of a sudden. I thought at first maybe because of the fingerprint is on or i use the camera but after i remove my fingerprint and don't use the camera, i notice that the phone still randomly reboot whenever i experience screen froze/lag/hang while using browser, gallery, social media apps and even while inside the settings of the phone, random reboot occur system wide when the app froze or hang.
    =================

# Reboot when using camera and finger print seems fixed now.

still testing... @Sjll

GPS works on dora, I think there is no reason it is broken on kagura.

Mic of wire earphones is a knonw problem, we have no idea to fix it.

We don't support double tap to wake since we switched to SODP fpc hal, which could wake up phone when screen-off.

About crashing, we also noticed this issue, but unfortunately, it rarely happend and we only guess it is caused by IPA according little pstore info.

@Sjll: Did you include the signature spoofing patch in on of your latest builds ? ;)

The spoofing patches are here:

https://github.com/lineageos4microg...ofing_patches/android_frameworks_base-R.patch
    https://github.com/lineageos4microg...es/packages_apps_PermissionController-R.patch

(you can see in that repo how it's applied)

Having said that, it's possible to patch the ROM as an end user (see wiki).

New build added this signature.
    Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. DON'T Flash OEM from SODP.
    3. You need to flash Stock Oreo and boot into it before flashing this ROM.
    4. This ROM is suitable for dual and single model
    5. You will meet a delay when recognize sim at the first boot.
    6. VoLTE is supported, but you need to enable it on stock firmware at first.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 18.1:
    Unofficial:

Google Applications (optional):
    NikGapps:
    https://nikgapps.com/ (ARM64->Android R->core,)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install:

Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:

Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    Reboot

About the builds:

Source: https://github.com/linelessos

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team.