[Unofficial] Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ [Treble]

Search This thread

YoumuChan

Sep 9, 2020
Its blinking red led nonstop or either a very quick instant switching phase into offline charging state and then instantly shutdown. When i tried to plug in this phone into pc, seems my solution only to jump battery with current or replace battery, which is hard for me
Turn off the phone first. While it is turned off, hold the volume up button. While holding the button, attach the phone to PC via USB. You shouldn't see red LED.

nokia001

Mar 15, 2022
Hi,

my xz randomly reboot by itself
Does anyone have the same Problem?

ROM: lineage-18.1-20211214-unofficial-kagura
MinTheGapps-11.0.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228

thx

Reactions: toxypoxy

MiniGNU

Oct 13, 2015
Brest
sites.google.com
Unfortunately no, GPS not working.
With MicroG location can't be found at all.
With GApps (OpenGapp, NikGapps) location can be found only via Wi-Fi, but not via satellites.
----
I tested lot of custom ROMs for XZ and none of them have working GPS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220318-184819_GPSTest.png
    Screenshot_20220318-184819_GPSTest.png
    29 KB · Views: 26

Qattos

Jan 27, 2017
Bucharest
Hi everyone, is this project still worked on?

Been keeping an eye on this forum for several years and hoping someone would get a fully functional ROM, but it seems this phone is a hard one to crack, really bummed that Xperia Z3 which I had before is supported by Lineage ROMs till now but Xperia XZ isn't.

GN-z11

Jan 16, 2022

Been keeping an eye on this forum for several years and hoping someone would get a fully functional ROM, but it seems this phone is a hard one to crack, really bummed that Xperia Z3 which I had before is supported by Lineage ROMs till now but Xperia XZ isn't.
This is most likely due to poor camera quality when using SODP's source code. Working using stock based source like this is great for camera quality but is hard to upstream to later versions of OS as it is based on old kernel and pretty janky vendor source. I tried rebuilding Lineage OS 15.1 from Sjill's source last time, but I guess lineage OS's latest commits borked the compatibilty with this old source.

Reactions: Qattos

Qattos

Jan 27, 2017
Bucharest
This is most likely due to poor camera quality when using SODP's source code. Working using stock based source like this is great for camera quality but is hard to upstream to later versions of OS as it is based on old kernel and pretty janky vendor source. I tried rebuilding Lineage OS 15.1 from Sjill's source last time, but I guess lineage OS's latest commits borked the compatibilty with this old source.
So it's hopeless? which new phone models you think have the most custom ROMs support? I'm thinking of buying a new phone and would love to have it last for a few years.

GN-z11

Jan 16, 2022
So it's hopeless? which new phone models you think have the most custom ROMs support? I'm thinking of buying a new phone and would love to have it last for a few years.
I think so, better to just stick to stock ROM for this device. Or buy a device with good support from OEM which dont bork the camera quality when using their source code XD

Noxbit

May 4, 2022
Has anyone had an issue with the IMS not registering. I have the dual, running the latest build of this VoLTE is provisioned but IMS never registers and I have no idea how to even tell why. Is there a command to force it to register?

erikcas

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
Hello 19.1. (sources: https://github.com/linelessos feel free to contribute.)
Maybe I should start a thread for this after some stability testing. (also see my comment on random reboots below)

Screenshot_20220523-105217_Settings.png

I can confirm that. it's a major issue for me at least.
At least on 19.1, I have choices for usb:
Screenshot_20220523-105155_Settings.png

Hi,

thx
I can confirm that, but seems(!) to be stable on the updated 19.1 kernel sources

Does the above answer your question?

For me, due to health issues, I am not able to seriously maintain the kagura / tone device as I would like to. I simply lack the energy I used to have.

star__dust

Dec 26, 2020
Maybe I should start a thread for this after some stability testing. (also see my comment on random reboots below)

View attachment 5620621

View attachment 5620623

I can confirm that, but seems(!) to be stable on the updated 19.1 kernel sources

For me, due to health issues, I am not able to seriously maintain the kagura / tone device as I would like to. I simply lack the energy I used to have.
Thanks for your effort. I can test your rom.

Reactions: erikcas

GN-z11

Jan 16, 2022
I need to check on its stability for some hours, if positive, I will provide a DL link for testing.
I built one already and it's actually pretty stable, I'm in awe of how did you get lineage 19 to build on the device, but the problem about radio (ril) is the one that's keeping me off, I'm newbie so I can only do basic fixes. Seems like the hwbinder thing is connected according to the logcats.

Last edited:

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
@erikcas : Get well soon !!! That's the most important thing ..

If you have time (and oc motivation) would you mind to implement the signature spoofing patch in the los 19 rom ? So we could install microG (and not the Google crap = Gapps) ..

Reactions: erikcas

erikcas

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
I built one already and it's actually pretty stable, I'm in awe of how did you get lineage 19 to build on the device, but the problem about radio (ril) is the one that's keeping me off, I'm newbie so I can only do basic fixes. Seems like the hwbinder thing is connected according to the logcats.
I will check as soon as I can. I use kagura w/o sim as a sort of kitchen mediaplayer and home domotic controller, so I did not check ;)

Qattos

Jan 27, 2017
Bucharest
Thank you @erikcas for your effort, I hope you get well soon.
This is excellent news and I hope someone with more talent than myself would pick up where you left off in case you were unable to maintain this custom ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage 18.1 for Xperia XZ
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. DON'T Flash OEM from SODP.
    3. You need to flash Stock Oreo and boot into it before flashing this ROM.
    4. This ROM is suitable for dual and single model
    5. You will meet a delay when recognize sim at the first boot.
    6. VoLTE is supported, but you need to enable it on stock firmware at first.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 18.1:
    Unofficial:

Google Applications (optional):
    NikGapps:
    https://nikgapps.com/ (ARM64->Android R->core,)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install:

Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:

Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    Reboot

About the builds:

Source: https://github.com/linelessos

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team.
    Olivier
    Chippa_a
    Everyone involved in working and testing

Contributors
    @erikcas @Sjll
    ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x

Version Information
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot: Ok
    - Bluetooth: Ok
    - WiFi: Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot: 2.4 Ghz Only
    - RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    - VoLTE: Ok
    - GPS: Ok
    - Camera: Ok
    - Camcorder: Ok
    - Lights: Ok
    - MicroSD: Ok
    - Accelerometer: Ok
    - Compass: Ok
    - Gyroscope: Ok
    - QTI sensors: Ok
    - Touchscreen: Ok
    - FM Radio: NA
    - Fingerprint: Ok
    - Vibrator: Ok
    - Microphone: Ok
    - Audio & music: Ok
    - Bluetooth audio: Ok
    - NFC: No
    - Kernel: Ok
    - Graphics: Ok
    - 3D Rendering: Ok
    - Clock: Ok
    - DRM: No test
    - Offline Charging: No
    - USB: Ok
    - USB Tethering:  No test
    - USB OTG: No test
    - Encryption: No
    - SEPolicies: Permissive

Screenshot_20220523-105217_Settings.png

I can confirm that. it's a major issue for me at least.
    Screenshot_20220523-105155_Settings.png

Hi,

thx

20210503 version report:
    • camera reboot issue - I didn't experience any of it so far, so maybe fixed
    • flashlight reboot issue - only experienced once only, so maybe fixed
    • fingerprint reboot issue - fixed
    • launch app reboot issue - partially fixed but not all
    • lock screen freeze issue - fixed
    • Bluetooth connect issue - fixed
    • call phone issue - fixed
    additional issues (those do not affect the phone's functionality)
    • double-tap to wake screen - not working
    • pixel's "now playing" feature - when I go through setting and tap the suggestion tile on the top to set it up, it stops.
    Everything else is fine, TOTALLY OKAY FOR DAILY USES.
    THANKS!
    I will check as soon as I can. I use kagura w/o sim as a sort of kitchen mediaplayer and home domotic controller, so I did not check ;)