• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unofficial Lineage 18.1 GSI

Search This thread

gorillalaci

May 26, 2016
yes its old but this is not the question....on my M5 10.8 LTE i have only on issue ...i have no network location service....

DisDis

Apr 30, 2010
SPb
I fixed ‘system’ partition
Size: 2757 Mb
Used: 1705 Mb
Free: 1051 Mb
Backup size: 1705MB

df -h:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p59 2.7G 1.7G 1.0G 62% /system

copy e2fsck 1.46.4 (18-Aug-2021) and resize2fs 1.46.4 (18-Aug-2021) to android
adb push e2fsck /sbin/
adb push resize2fs /sbin/
TWRP - Wipe - advanced Wipe - Repair & Resize

But after I installed GAPPS-micro, I didn't get any new applications after reboot:(

Maybe someone knows what is the matter and how to solve this problem?

Screen.jpg
Screen2.jpg

Attachments

• e2fsck_resize2fs.zip
    3 MB · Views: 1

DisDis

Apr 30, 2010
SPb
Okey, I installed lineage-18.1-20211010-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite.img and appled GAPPS-pico.
Google play was installed, but device hasn't certificate for work with Google's services:(
Screen3.jpg
Screen4.jpg

samsingla

Mar 15, 2013
A lot of people including myself were stuck with Android 8 because we couldn't unlock the bootloader. I just came across this video so maybe there's some hope.

<youtube link>

Does anyone here have experience with this method?

Edit: I realized a lot of people of this forum are aware of this method. I didn't want to open my device so I paid a service to enable software TP and then unlock the bootloader. I tried to install this rom but unfortunately got stuck into bootloop so had to return to stock.

Last edited:
This is the link, just search your device mine is the M5 8" wifi (sht-w09). You can flash a vanilla (no gapps), the gapps version (be aware is Read Only). if you need a rewritable System partition download the vndklite version (arm64-AB-gapps-vndklite is 2,9Gb but it will not fit in the standard partition <2,9GB ).
I haven't ever tested the bluetooth so i can't say if it works.
Thanks this information is helpful...
What is the best custom rom for it right now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

First: I am NOT a dev or contributor of this rom. Please visit before going ahead: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gsi-11-lineageos-18-x-gsi-all-archs.4205461/
    Second: You do anything at your own risk and should know how to recover a non booting device!

Just playing around with this rom on my SHT-AL09, tested on version 20210317 so far:

Working
    - Mobile network including 4G (German carrier Telekom)
    - Outgoing & Incoming calls
    - Bluetooth
    - 2,4 & 5g Wifi
    - Front & Back camera
    - Video recording
    - MTP
    - SDcard
    - GPS (seems to be working on Telegram)
    - Fingerprint reader

Not Working:
    - Mobile network icon shows no signal strength
    - VoLTE
    - VoWIFI

How to install:
    - Make a backup.
    - Device needs to have bootloader unlocked.
    - Visit the above link again --> sourceforge --> lineage-18.x and download version "...treble_arm64_bv*" + unpack it.
    - Visit: https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/ (I have done it via bootloader method.)

How to update:
    - Dont know yet. :)

Unfortunately I cant get TWRP to work, so I cant test gapps or root. If you have a clue, please let me know - thx!
    Hi Massima,
    Sorry for this noob question - where would I find the M5 entry in the phh's wiki?
    And generally, is it possible to install a treble rom on the M5 with gapps and functioning bluetooth? I've been using Openkirin so far but no luck with bluetooth there.
    Many thanks for any help you can offer.
    This is the link, just search your device mine is the M5 8" wifi (sht-w09). You can flash a vanilla (no gapps), the gapps version (be aware is Read Only). if you need a rewritable System partition download the vndklite version (arm64-AB-gapps-vndklite is 2,9Gb but it will not fit in the standard partition <2,9GB ).
    I haven't ever tested the bluetooth so i can't say if it works.
    So you tested a GSI Lineage ROM on the your M5, is it rooted? Should be great to see magisk included in any room, i use Phh treble Quack, it's pre-rooted with su.
    Yes, i remember that magisk is incompatible with GSI images. I never used Lineage, for me an AOSP experience is the best. I'm waiting to upgrade to Quack when it will receive its last update probably a vanilla edition because the gapps version has a RO system partition and the vnk version doesn't fit, every version is prerooted with phh-su.
    Thanks

P.S.: i added a page of our beloved M5 in the phh's wiki.
    Hi Massima,
    Sorry for this noob question - where would I find the M5 entry in the phh's wiki?
    And generally, is it possible to install a treble rom on the M5 with gapps and functioning bluetooth? I've been using Openkirin so far but no luck with bluetooth there.
    Many thanks for any help you can offer.
    @spoo333: i tried to send an image from my M5 to the pc and viceversa with bluetooth, no problem.

@Steffe89:
    1. i read in the phh' s telegram channel to remove root with the securize option, then clean the cache. I did't test it.
    2. I found this in the phh's gsi channel:
    flash super su phh
    create sbin
    edit init.environ.rc (it's on /)
    add line
    export PATH /sbin:/vendor/bin:/system/bin
    save
    remove su in system/bin
    done flash magisk

Once again i don't test it, i'm using phh supersu. See/write here.