- Sep 17, 2016
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Device tree, kernel and vendor tree: Github
- Some users have a random reboots
- 3D Acceleration
- Hardware Playback (YouTube, Twitch, etc)
- Sensors (Lights, rotation, etc)
- Deep sleep
When you think you've found a bug, please make sure it's repeatable + not a one off. If it is you must provide a dmesg (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt) and a logcat (logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt) from the on-device terminal emulator.
Compatible with Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (Intel Atom) tablet. 16 or 64GB. Using proprietary blobs based on Intel minnowboard releases and Xiaomi MIUI 8.x developer packages.
- Initial Release
- Source based kernel
- Fix sensors
- Fix bluetooth
- Fix app crashes (apps compiled for ARMv7 launched via houdini)
- Fix colour washout
9/03/2017 (it is the last build by harrynowl)
- Update Houdini libs & binary to improve ARM emulation performance
- Fix LED notification
- Improve the PowerHAL
- Fix offline charging (no longer hangs @ MI logo)
- Merge kernel upstream to 3.14.79
- Switch to Lollipop proprietary blobs from Miui LP with Marshmallow bring up (For more info visit this GIthub repo )
- Merge missing upstream Lollipop commits (For more info visit this Github repo)
- latte: Use MIUI Stable 220.127.116.11 build fingerprint
- latte: ramdisk: disable pstore-clean at all
- Sync latest sources
- Sync LineageOS 13 sources
- Merge ~ 300 upstream commits from android/kernel_common (branch deprecated/android-3.14) to our kernel sources
- Sync LOS 13 sources so: October stagefright patch is there
- Fix a deep sleep issue
- Fix a some colour inaccuracy issue
- But some users now can have a random reboots
- Bump security patch level to 2018-01-05
- manifest: android-6.0.1_r81
- latte: apply changes for camera which were suggested by itsju fro 4PDA
P.S. Camera now do not crash anymore. Just show a green screen instead of photo.
I suggest the gapps packages available at opengapps.org. You'll need to use the x86 version as the ROM is built with a 32 bit userspace.
Credits & collaborations:
- KonstaT - Initial Cherry-Trail ground work (device bring up, vendor blob lists)
- tank0412 - Initial Mi Pad 2 ("latte") bring up & vendor tree
- Myself - Many fixes, improvements & fixing the kernel
- android-ia / 01org - Various open source Intel resources
- LineageOS / AOSP - Base source code
LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad
Source Code: https://github.com/latte-dev
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: LineageOS
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-01
Last Updated 2018-01-29