Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 Builds for the Galaxy S5 Sport

Search This thread

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
Hi, thank you!
There will be any 7.1 for the G900P?

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Hi, thank you for work!
There will be any Nougat 7.1 for G900P?

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
I would suggest to work on [7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][21 October][Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 KLTE]
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-t3667070

I tried it and it works fine on my G900P, exept the baseband doesn't work (can read sim card but doesn't connect to network). If you already have a baseband wich works with 7.1.2 it would be interesting to flash it and then Resurrection. Kindly let me know, thank you

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

the strange thing is that baseband works with stock LL 5.0 G900PVPU3BOK4_G900PSPT3BOK4_G900PVPU3BOK4_HOME, when phone upgrades itself to MM baseband stop working. I'm in Russia using russian sim card

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
I would suggest to work on [7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][21 October][Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 KLTE]
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-t3667070

I tried it and it works fine on my G900P, exept the baseband doesn't work (can read sim card but doesn't connect to network). If you already have a baseband wich works with 7.1.2 it would be interesting to flash it and then Resurrection. Kindly let me know, thank you

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

the strange thing is that baseband works with stock LL 5.0 G900PVPU3BOK4_G900PSPT3BOK4_G900PVPU3BOK4_HOME, when phone upgrades itself to MM baseband stop working. I'm in Russia using russian sim card
Completely different model of phone buddy... Plus, this is a kernel issue I'm having not with other parts of Lineage...

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
Did you manage to get the kernel fixed?
To all those wondering, I do have a school break coming up after this week so then I will be attacking this device for sure. Please join the telegram group here for more updates faster: @gs5sportdev on the Telegram app. I need people to join so I can discuss things if possible :)

To all those wondering, I do have a school break coming up after this week so then I will be attacking this device for sure. Please join the telegram group here for more updates faster: @gs5sportdev on the Telegram app. I need people to join so I can discuss things if possible :)

Great to know! Maybe we can get this phone of the low ground of Samsung's crappy TouchWiz.

Reactions: sjrmac

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
Great to know! Maybe we can get this phone of the low ground of Samsung's crappy TouchWiz.

just with the help of a buddy @indianmafia, the kernel now builds and works!!! i'm building so about 2-3 hours check back here and I'll let you know if I'm fixing errors or something, and also join the telegram group chat!
Sam

Last edited:

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016

the build i made had no RIL again for some reason. Currently i'm having a go at cherry-picking in git from Lineage's kltespr tree to add a few things we are missing and bring us up to speed. I always get a random error with building the bootanimation, not sure why but i have an idea. Other than that, kernel should have some fixes for dependencies hopefully soon. @feherneoh is helping with that. Any questions here?

Sam

the build i made had no RIL again for some reason. Currently i'm having a go at cherry-picking in git from Lineage's kltespr tree to add a few things we are missing and bring us up to speed. I always get a random error with building the bootanimation, not sure why but i have an idea. Other than that, kernel should have some fixes for dependencies hopefully soon. @feherneoh is helping with that. Any questions here?

Sam

So are we soon going to perhaps have custom kernels?

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
So are we soon going to perhaps have custom kernels?

maybe, but I'd like to have Official support but we will see. It would be good to have all the changes for this Sport to not break any parts of building for the regular S5 devices and their same kernel... PS, i need people to discuss in the Telegram group as then it would be much easier to talk with you guys :) LINK: https://t.me/gs5sportdev

Sam

Reactions: FanboyStudios

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
Hey all! @javelinanddart has joined us now and is working on kltesprsports and I am currently testing while he waits for his phone to ship! He works on maintaining the regular S5 variants so in the future, we should be able to go official! To aid us in correcting the remaining bugs and issues, we want you all to go and flash the new TWRP version and clean flash the new zip available in the downloads section of this thread. If you can log errors and issues, that would be greatly appreciated! Just make a post declaring what issues you have and attach a 'logcat' or 'dmesg' if you have one as that helps a ton!
We are aware of NFC not working currently

Sam

Last edited:

sjrmac

Nov 16, 2016
Update!
We will go official with LineageOS soon, just a few things left that we are actively testing and working on. Wiki page is a work in progress as the moment, I should have it written up hopefully before this upcoming weekend. I will also look at TWRP and see what needs to be done to implement our device over there for official downloads as well. Stay tuned for sure, the ROM is almost completed!

Sam

Reactions: rhyler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 builds for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport (SM-G860P)

What works:
    • SIM aka RIL
    • Mobile Data and Hotspot
    • Audio
    • SMS and Phone calls
    • Everything else that should work
    What doesn't work:
    • NFC
    • Bugs you find!

TWRP can be downloaded here and flashed via Odin if you are starting from stock https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767152528

All other downloads are available from the Downloads tab of this thread!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for SM-G860P Galaxy S5 Sport, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    SJR (Sam), evilarceus, javelinanddart
    Source Code: https://www.github.com/kltesprsportsdev

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-23
    Last Updated 2017-11-30
    Reserved

Builds are UP!!
    Latest build is from 11-30-17 in the Downloads section
    -flash from clean along with the new TWRP
    Looking forward to this!
    Might seem like a rude question but have any idea on ETA?
    Yes, sorry, have been busy, I'll post a build from Very late August as currently I have issues with building that I need help resolving. Mainly because LineageOS moved to new kernel configs for the regular S5 and so I need to modify one in with the Sport stuff...

Also I currently took my dad's S5 Sport back to stock so I cannot test myself at the moment. If anyone has a spare S5 Sport for testing, I'd gladly take it to finish this ROM and make it official :)

Sam
    No need to apologise, I appreciate what you're doing and I understand it takes some time.

If you need another S5 Sport, you can get one here https://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=112560349301&fdback=1

I bought mine from the same seller, no issues. It even arrived days early!
    Nice! My father is considering a new phone here so I'll probably hold out for a bit of time and see if that happens. If not, I'll try and scrape some extra money together for another phone... I have a few to many because of other projects, AKA Android 4 Lumia so I have like 7 windows phones :)

Anyway, I'll get that build posted tonight and update the OP