[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.0 | ido | Beta 2

Search This thread

CGA1

Jul 11, 2012
Been running this rom for a day now and I must say I'm impressed. Except for a few niggles it's almost perfect. Smooth, quick and battery efficient. Excellent work by Anik.

denemo

Oct 6, 2017
I can confirm what everyone is saying.
Used it for a day now and apart from some small bugs it works like a charm!
Don't know if it is a bug or the feature still has to be added, but 'Protected apps' does not work (settings crashes when I try to access it via search)

Awesome job Anik!

Reactions: HanatielHawk

HanatielHawk

Oct 21, 2017
I can confirm what everyone is saying.
Used it for a day now and apart from some small bugs it works like a charm!
Don't know if it is a bug or the feature still has to be added, but 'Protected apps' does not work (settings crashes when I try to access it via search)

Awesome job Anik!

Second that. Tried to launch privacy guard, but it crashes. Might be that the privacy guard and protected apps features are still in development, but these are quite essential features. Other than that, this rom is much more stable than beta 1 and a great improvement! I use this for a day now and it is perfectly usable as a daily driver. Boot times are incredibly fast. Sometimes it randomly reboots though and I found that controlling the volume using a bluetooth headset is impossible when the screen is off. Also I found that Titanium Backup sometimes cannot restore apps for some reason. Also when I enabled root in developer options it would not root. I solved this by flashing SuperSU though.

peddarson

Aug 20, 2012
Using the music app the song is played but there is no sound-output.
When using shuttle there is sound but only till skipping a song, pausing it or just changing it.

MaesTRo's

Sep 22, 2010
Omsk
Please upload the firmware to the cloud server dropbox, Google drive, Yandex Disk.
I can not download, I get an error.
Thank you

Last edited:

Furdik

Dec 15, 2009
hi, how to root?
I enabled root in settings, it does not work.
I also tried the newest supersu 2.82 R5 and R4, without success

Edit: Resolved! Last stable SuperSU 2.82 works properly

Last edited:

Anik_khan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2014
Mymensingh, Dhaka
I understand the situation about menu key and it's because of ist30xx touchscreen (small amount of users have this touchscreen i suppose?) which doesn't have any keylayouts. Xiaomi handles it on userspace and our platform patches aren't up yet for buttons settings. So yet we can't use buttons remap or software navigation. I will try to hack it up (ist30xx touchscreen).

I would like to get feedback about what's broken on latest beta build. Only device side bugs only. Maybe a proper list will help me. And i well accept bugs which i can reproduce myself.

denemo

Oct 6, 2017
I understand the situation about menu key and it's because of ist30xx touchscreen (small amount of users have this touchscreen i suppose?) which doesn't have any keylayouts. Xiaomi handles it on userspace and our platform patches aren't up yet for buttons settings. So yet we can't use buttons remap or software navigation. I will try to hack it up (ist30xx touchscreen).

I would like to get feedback about what's broken on latest beta build. Only device side bugs only. Maybe a proper list will help me. And i well accept bugs which i can reproduce myself.

What I noticed of bugs after two days of use is minimal (have'nt been hunting bugs specifically so I definitely missed some).
-When you reboot with wifi on, it is not turned back on after the reboot.
-Location capture mode in the camera app does cannot be turned on.
-At random times, I cannot unlock my device with fingerprint when my device is in standby. When this occurs (not often) and I tap the power button to turn on the screen and then try unlocking with fingerprint it works.
-Trying to access protected apps crashes the settings (I think because the feature is not yet implemented?).

Please continue this list guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9OCHAYL.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

What's not working :

• You tell me :D

Where's my feature :

• LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions :
    • Download the build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Variant Compatibility :
    • This build is compatible with Redmi 3/Pro.

Downloads :

Credits :
    • HighwayStar for helping me always!
    • LineageOS Team
    • My developer friends
    • Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3

Contributors
    Anik_khan
    Source Code: https://github.com/ido-dev

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-09-17

Created 2017-09-17
    Last Updated 2017-12-01
    Changelog for new beta build:

* Fixed HDR (Snap is now default camera app)
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Fixed Governer
    * Enabled Doze
    * Features and so on

Check OP for the link :D
    What's up? Sorry it's been long since the first beta release. Actually my phone was dead for sometime so i haven't been able to work on new build. Recently i fixed some addressed issues such as hotspot and HDR. I will release a new beta build anytime soon. Oh well.. there will be some features too. ;)
    Reserved

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) Where are Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) I don't like superuser icon in statusbar, can I install SuperSU?
    A) Yes, that would not show superuser icon in statusbar. This can break things.

Q) How do I update GApps? (Also useful if you have GApps related problems).
    A) Reboot to recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + GApps. (Yes, without rebooting). Reboot.
    Somehow it's time for a new build. More than 2 months now already passed by....
    Every ROM by Anik_khan is without cost to us. Anik_khan not have obligation do it, is only a way autolearning and help the community.
    If you is not happy with the development of this ROM or some other, you can take the Source Code and build your ROM.
    Please do not press or demand anything.
    I'm sorry if I have offended you and apologize.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk