[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.0 | ido | Beta 2

Search This thread

michiamoantonio

Jan 30, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Ho guys, i couldn't wait to try Android 8. So yesterday I decided to give a chance to this beta 1.
Well, I think Anik did a really good job on it. It's very good to be the beta 1.
But redmi 3 is my daily driver, and this time is not suitable for daily use.
I want to list the bugs that I experienced hoping that this can be helpful.

1- hotspot (some people mentioned this, so I will not discuss about it)

2- charging problem: after 50-60 minutes charging the phone stop charging, I mean, battery level remain the same reached in this time, but battery icon show like is still charging, if you leave it in this conditions for some minutes after you unplug it battery level will drop down of 20-30%;

3- charging after reboot: I remeber that we had this problem on first nougat too, if you reboot the phone while charging after reboot, the led will be on, but the phone will not detect the plugged-in cable.

4- battery drain too fast

5- hdr as mentioned in the op, but I tried Mi A1 camera port, and hdr with it works

That's all, if something else comes in my mind I will update the post.
Anyway thanks Anik for you work!

PS: sorry, my English is poor, but if you all don't understand something, I'll try to explain it in better words

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: verzero and janginx

raffles496

Aug 17, 2013
Somehow it's time for a new build. More than 2 months now already passed by....
Every ROM by Anik_khan is without cost to us. Anik_khan not have obligation do it, is only a way autolearning and help the community.
If you is not happy with the development of this ROM or some other, you can take the Source Code and build your ROM.
Please do not press or demand anything.
I'm sorry if I have offended you and apologize.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

ciku720

Apr 12, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 3S
OnePlus 8T
That's GREAT to finally see 2nd build! Thank you a lot :) I'm already downloading it..
What do you mean by "features and so on"?
In OP you wrote that it is pure LOS and nothing additional will be added so I'm confused a little.

goldentig3r

Oct 12, 2016
Changelog for new beta build:

* Fixed HDR (Snap is now default camera app)
* Fixed Hotspot
* Fixed Governer
* Enabled Doze
* Features and so on

Check OP for the link :D

Great one. everything works so far. thanks alot.
One thing i noticed - when connected to bluetooth, wifi is slower (download from google play speeds)

ivanliao

Dec 25, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
You guys have this situation like me?Phone service have lots of notifications per day,as "No emergency calling.Temporarily not offered by mobile network at your location."I am at China,two sims setup,China Telecom and China Mobile.Is their a way to disable this annoy notification?Any help appreciated.

vergaril

Mar 17, 2012
Nociglia
Hi guys, the rom seems to me ready for the only daily use, the audio seems a bit low. Do you recommend a mod x improve the audio? Thanks in advance.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9OCHAYL.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

What's not working :

• You tell me :D

Where's my feature :

• LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions :
    • Download the build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Variant Compatibility :
    • This build is compatible with Redmi 3/Pro.

Downloads :

Credits :
    • HighwayStar for helping me always!
    • LineageOS Team
    • My developer friends
    • Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3

Contributors
    Anik_khan
    Source Code: https://github.com/ido-dev

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-09-17

Created 2017-09-17
    Last Updated 2017-12-01
    Changelog for new beta build:

* Fixed HDR (Snap is now default camera app)
    * Fixed Hotspot
    * Fixed Governer
    * Enabled Doze
    * Features and so on

Check OP for the link :D
    What's up? Sorry it's been long since the first beta release. Actually my phone was dead for sometime so i haven't been able to work on new build. Recently i fixed some addressed issues such as hotspot and HDR. I will release a new beta build anytime soon. Oh well.. there will be some features too. ;)
    Reserved

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) Where are Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) I don't like superuser icon in statusbar, can I install SuperSU?
    A) Yes, that would not show superuser icon in statusbar. This can break things.

Q) How do I update GApps? (Also useful if you have GApps related problems).
    A) Reboot to recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + GApps. (Yes, without rebooting). Reboot.
    Somehow it's time for a new build. More than 2 months now already passed by....
    Every ROM by Anik_khan is without cost to us. Anik_khan not have obligation do it, is only a way autolearning and help the community.
    If you is not happy with the development of this ROM or some other, you can take the Source Code and build your ROM.
    Please do not press or demand anything.
    I'm sorry if I have offended you and apologize.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk