[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [2018/06/18]

Search This thread

bazu

Sep 22, 2009
You are my favorite dev @jgcaap, thanks for the new ROM. I will install it this weekend.

BTW can I install it over 64 bit binder API ROM???

Last edited:

SpanFish

Oct 26, 2013
I tried package from opengapps.org directly after installing ROM and it worked. Previously I was installing gapps after first boot - it seems that was a problem.

First I installed ROM and then installed the gapps. I tried different versions of different release dates (opengapps pico and nano), but I never received SMS. A phone call comes in, and there's no text. Also if I'm not mistaken, ordinary SMS does not work. but it is not exactly

Last edited:

bmark240

Aug 19, 2016
Upgrade the twrp.

I was having the same problems with Error 7. I don't like using official TWRP as EFS & firmware aren't backed up properly (lost mobile & WiFi) I have used c6, c7 & MrShme firmwares. All didn't work. Tz errors.
I have asked danieldmm about it, & he will take a look at the weekend if he has time. Also had problems with TWRP completely disappearing on rollback (unable to reboot to recovery. Just hangs at boot splash). I had to flash TWRP using ADB through Fastboot. @jgcaap. The puzzle is most other Oreo builds work with Tugapower TWRP 3.1.1-5 & yours doesn't.
Not exactly a good start with jgcaap Oreo!

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
I was having the same problems with Error 7. I don't like using official TWRP as EFS & firmware aren't backed up properly (lost mobile & WiFi) I have used c6, c7 & MrShme firmwares. All didn't work. Tz errors.
I have asked danieldmm about it, & he will take a look at the weekend if he has time. Also had problems with TWRP completely disappearing on rollback (unable to reboot to recovery. Just hangs at boot splash). I had to flash TWRP using ADB through Fastboot. @jgcaap. The puzzle is most other Oreo builds work with Tugapower TWRP 3.1.1-5 & yours doesn't.
Not exactly a good start with jgcaap Oreo!

You can and should backup information related to your imei and without twrp. That is the only thing you need to backup and keep in your computer a copy.

Makes no sense to backup firmware. You flash a firmware with a zip file and is changed...

Related to the twrp error is something which changed with oreo. I am not sure what causes this differences between roms. I use plain source from Los to compile.

I use this recovery and never gave me any issues:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/recovery-twrp-3-0-3-k1-t3563692

I sincerily do not see as something important as there are other ways to flash this rom. The top of my list now is:

Bring back new kernel to the rom with all the features most of you are used to.
Start enhancing the rom, bring efficiency, and important features.

I will review the recovery later and if necessary compile my own recovery to make it compatible with everyone wishes. But that is in the end of my todo list.

Last edited:

ConnerJSP

Jun 19, 2016
Florida
Dear jgcaap,
How do your additions affect the updating process? If I flash the 3/24 build then you add a lot of features and New Kernel, do I have to worry about things going awry? Or will it be just like regular updating where I can sift through the changes each time?
Also, why is there no setup on first boot, it just goes to home screen?

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
Dear jgcaap,
How do your additions affect the updating process? If I flash the 3/24 build then you add a lot of features and New Kernel, do I have to worry about things going awry? Or will it be just like regular updating where I can sift through the changes each time?
Also, why is there no setup on first boot, it just goes to home screen?

When you flash gaaps does not appear the setup ?

ConnerJSP

Jun 19, 2016
Florida
When you flash gaaps does not appear the setup ?

Oh, I had not flashed GApp's (was only testing ROM) but was expecting the LineageOS setup. I am assuming that means it should startup with the regular Google setup then? I plan on re-flashing with it.

As for my other question, will I be able to dirty flash your updates? You seem to be doing major changes with the Kernel and stuff.

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
Oh, I had not flashed GApp's (was only testing ROM) but was expecting the LineageOS setup. I am assuming that means it should startup with the regular Google setup then? I plan on re-flashing with it.

As for my other question, will I be able to dirty flash your updates? You seem to be doing major changes with the Kernel and stuff.

Yes. Because most of the users hate LOS setup. Also it is better as it directly installs apps stored in google account.

Yes. Just finishing compiling a toolchain for us to have more quality fun. :)

New kernel is ready to be compiled and soon will be available in the rom.

I will also provide a zip file.

ConnerJSP

Jun 19, 2016
Florida
Yes. Because most of the users hate LOS setup. Also it is better as it directly installs apps stored in google account.

Yes. Just finishing compiling a toolchain for us to have more quality fun. :)

New kernel is ready to be compiled and soon will be available in the rom.

I will also provide a zip file.
Oh, gotcha.

Awesome, would you be willing to provide changelogs for the ROM and kernel somewhere? Curious.

You can use magisk or download add on from Los website.

I did not include to be flexible for users which want to have differently.
Thank you for that as well as the rest of your work. Greatly appreciated!

It says in the feature list it has root, maybe specify it is "root cabable" or that it is not included; could be confusing.

Reactions: zjxpot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Hello everyone, after long studying both kernel and ROMs, I've decided to start building a ROM of my own.

Download

It is recommended to use F2FS.

Recovery - Wipe - advanced wipe - Select internal card - FS options - Check F2FS and swipe.

Remember that you'll loose everything on your internal memory.

Partition configuration i recomend for best speed:
    cache --> F2FS
    Internal Data -->F2FS
    System --> EXT4

Features:
    Updated SQL to 3.22.0
    New Kernel
    Proguard 6.0
    F2FS ready for data and cache
    OxygenOS Blobs
    latest webp
    Compiled with device-specific clang and gcc.
    More coming soon

I'm a very practical user, and my aim will be to get a very fluid stable system, at the same time with speed and battery, keeping most stock possible with the optimizations which will improve for real our experience.

What works for now:
    Everything

Join out Google+ community

Big thanks to @RobbieL811 for the patience and help he provided to create these builds.
    Thanks also for the experience i won with @ak @savoca @Lord Boeffla @ZaneZam by discussing and learning about the kernel. Big thanks to @dorimanx. Thank you @franciscofranco for commits to improve kernel!

As you might know, all credits go to LineageOS Team.

Source Code
    If you like my work, please consider a donation.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOSmod by jgcaap, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    jgcaap
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/NewRom[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2018-03-24
    Last Updated 2018-03-24
    The build is online.

In 2-3weeks my life will be more stable and I will be pushing more builds . have fun.
    New build is coming soon. :)
    New rom includes new kernel.
    Sync with Los.
    Kexec patch applied to kernel
    Improved XCHGADD algorithm
    Touch boost control
    Less logs
    Disabled ksm (extra battery)
    Kcal
    Lower gpu voltage
    Compiled with a custom toolchain for the best experience

Enjoy
    Great work, the ROM feels smooth. May I request that you add signature spoofing to your builds? It will be really helpful for all of us that use microG. Thanks! :D
    I will add. Next weekend will be with more goodies .

I finished on Oneplus 5T the kernel base.

Now that on Oneplus One we have a working camera I will be focused on the rom enhancement.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone