- Dec 25, 2012
About Lineage OS:
lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.
LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Also does any build from now on require a vendor partition, by doing this you will lose the ability to flash official builds provided by ZTE. Any failure in this process of flashing or repartitioning could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.
What's not working:
SELinux is permissive
Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
Attention! You'll need a vendor partition!
1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
2. Flash vendor creation tool. Download (unnecessary, if done already)
* On first flash the device will reboot, just reboot to recovery and reflash the zip.
3. Update your version of TWRP. Download
4. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
5. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
6. Install the ROM. Download
7. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (9.0)]
What is CAF?
Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.
Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS
[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7
OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev
Source Code: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/android_kernel_zte_msm8996
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-07-28