• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

Predatorhaze

Feb 18, 2016
Gelderland
My system is reporting that selinux is not enforcing.
Also I noticed to apply substratum themes you need to compile the overlays and then reboot phone.Then able to apply the overlays,but suddenly it doesn't work anymore,overlays are not available in the app,but they are installed.

Also I think the battery life is better than any ROM,better then nougat and stock

OrdenKrieger

Dec 25, 2012
My system is reporting that selinux is not enforcing.
Also I noticed to apply substratum themes you need to compile the overlays and then reboot phone.Then able to apply the overlays,but suddenly it doesn't work anymore,overlays are not available in the app,but they are installed.

Also I think the battery life is better than any ROM,better then nougat and stock

Because LineageOS abandoned the revert of https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/225582/ Meaning 3rd party themes won't work anymore, for the time being.

Reactions: Predatorhaze

dr3am_r

Sep 25, 2008
Bucharest
-UPDATE-

Changelog:
2018-11-05 Security Patch (9.0.0_r16)
Kernel and qcacld-2.0 to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
Update DRM from Pixel XL (marlin)
Update GPS to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
Update SDM, Vulkan blobs
Update CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs from Axon M (fujisan)
Changes from B20 stock build imported
Smaller misc fixes
Repo sync LineageOS

DOWNLOAD
lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip

Great news @OrdenKrieger, last update has fixed the issue with phone not joining to network after airplane mode! Probably due to RIL updates & others. Really appreciate it, as was annoying.

CSRoad

Jun 28, 2014
I don't know if this will help the diagnosis at all but mine (A2017U), a clean install had a crash to a black screen and red led that I previously reported.
The only additions were OpenGapps nano and Magisk 17.3.
It happened a second time and I reverted to a 15.1 back-up.
Last night, preferring pie to oreo, I dirty flashed 16.0 over the latest 15.1 Unofficial with OpenGapps and Magisk, with a little bit or resorting of installed apps and it has been solid as a rock since.

Thanks for keeping this moving forward Orden, I hope, with some more info from folks, you can track down the intermittent alignment of stars that causes this.
BTW battery consumption does really seem very good.

sklaes

Jun 25, 2011
I don't know if this will help the diagnosis at all but mine (A2017U), a clean install had a crash to a black screen and red led that I previously reported.
The only additions were OpenGapps nano and Magisk 17.3.
Two of the three times the red led was turned on. I am using Pico gapps.

blu3wh0

Aug 11, 2018
I had the same issue the first time I booted, in that it consistently crashed to a red light. However, I resolved this by not installing Magisk immediately, letting it boot without touching/unlocking it for a short time. Even though it looks like it temporarily crashed to a black screen (did not go to red light), it continued then finalizing system setup. After I got past that, I was able to install Magisk and use it without a problem. However, my old fingerprints did not work, so I had to delete them and record new ones.

I'm still on the original universal oreo bootstack w/ fastboot, is there any benefit to using the latest ones released in the last month?

CSRoad

Jun 28, 2014
My initial install was no problem and everything seemed stable, the crashes happened later.
As for bootstacks it is beyond my understanding, I'm currently using a fairly recent patched version (CAF-regulator.img) that UnjustifiedDev posted in the 15.1 thread, I don't know if it is still available.

OrdenKrieger

Dec 25, 2012
My initial install was no problem and everything seemed stable, the crashes happened later.
As for bootstacks it is beyond my understanding, I'm currently using a fairly recent patched version (CAF-regulator.img) that UnjustifiedDev posted in the 15.1 thread, I don't know if it is still available.

Thats not needed. The change in that kernel is already implemented in the current version.

bedroidapp

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 8 Pro
So I am currently using 15.1 using twrp 2.3.0 from Oki's kit. I d like to confirm the steps to upgrade to 16.0 first to avoid issues (assume I have downloaded all the files to sdcard and rebooted to recovery)
- wipe and format system, cache, data, vendor (cache and data formatted as f2fs)
- flash the universal bootloader 2.1 by drakenfx listed in op (it was updated end of October so why not upgrading): can I just flash the zip over the boot partition?
- I already have the oreo modem for the U variant, I assume nothing needed here?
- flash the latest rom
- flash gapps for 9.0 stock
- flash magisk (may be after initial boot)

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Jcth1

May 28, 2018
I had the same issue the first time I booted, in that it consistently crashed to a red light. However, I resolved this by not installing Magisk immediately, letting it boot without touching/unlocking it for a short time. Even though it looks like it temporarily crashed to a black screen (did not go to red light), it continued then finalizing system setup. After I got past that, I was able to install Magisk and use it without a problem. However, my old fingerprints did not work, so I had to delete them and record new ones.

I'm still on the original universal oreo bootstack w/ fastboot, is there any benefit to using the latest ones released in the last month?

I too had several crashes to solid red light and this happened after installing magisk with the Rom. Also crashed when unlocking the phone once and froze another time. Let it boot and sit for a few minutes and didn't crash again. Sorry no logs as not familiar with the logcat process.

I now have magisk installed over Pico gapps and the 14/11 build whilst also afterwards flashing in schwifty 5.8 kernal.

olus

Oct 4, 2008
same here, red led with black screen after dirty flashed over last built with magisk. rebootet and all went good. no crashes or something, everything is fine!
thanks @OrdenKrieger!

btw. im using latest arnova gcam, night sight is working good. frontcam makes green pics.
i use old arnova gcam for everyday use (front, back, portrait, video works) and the latest gcam for night sight mode only.

RedWave31

May 9, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
same here, red led with black screen after dirty flashed over last built with magisk. rebootet and all went good. no crashes or something, everything is fine!
thanks @OrdenKrieger!

btw. im using latest arnova gcam, night sight is working good. frontcam makes green pics.
i use old arnova gcam for everyday use (front, back, portrait, video works) and the latest gcam for night sight mode only.

MGC_6.1.013_MiMAX2_V1b_A8.1+fix_Hexagon_failed+blFront.apk is working beautifuly with night mode, nice portaits and superzoom.

There might be a newer version available that is a bit more complete, as this one doesn't have front facing flash (it makes burst images of greenish portaits in portrait mode).

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I too had several crashes to solid red light and this happened after installing magisk with the Rom. Also crashed when unlocking the phone once and froze another time. Let it boot and sit for a few minutes and didn't crash again. Sorry no logs as not familiar with the logcat process.

I now have magisk installed over Pico gapps and the 14/11 build whilst also afterwards flashing in schwifty 5.8 kernal.

thanks @OrdenKrieger!

Just an FYI, we've been having those crashes in Schwifty for about a couple months. They are DFU reboots. The red LED just tells you that the phone is in DFU.
We couldn't really find any answer as to why this happened but we chalked it up to LOS sources. It happened on GSIs, DotOS, AOKP, LOS15.1... The only constant is the LOS sources.

In our case it would reboot randomly, some people never got it, others after a couple days. In my case I got them after about 2 weeks with the same setup, no changes.

dalebaxter01

Oct 22, 2016
Running latest build sometimes on boot while charging, it seems to freeze and go into a DFU mode where the screen is off with a red LED, my SD card is not dead as it works with my PC just fine.
happens when mi unlocking phone while it is doing the on boot scan sdcard. besides that im unsure what it happening i

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Also does any build from now on require a vendor partition, by doing this you will lose the ability to flash official builds provided by ZTE. Any failure in this process of flashing or repartitioning could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

What's not working:
    SELinux is permissive

Instructions:
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
    Attention! You'll need a vendor partition!
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
    2. Flash vendor creation tool. Download (unnecessary, if done already)
    * On first flash the device will reboot, just reboot to recovery and reflash the zip.
    3. Update your version of TWRP. Download
    4. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
    5. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    6. Install the ROM. Download
    7. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (9.0)]
    8. Reboot.

What is CAF?
    Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev
    @DrakenFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/android_kernel_zte_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-07-28
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-09-05 Security Patch (android-9.0.0_r6)
    • Kernel based on newest P CAF tag release (LA.UM.7.6.r1-02000-89xx.0)
    • CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs updated from Axon M (fujisan) thx to @Unjustified Dev
    • Wlan based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Bluetooth based on newest P CAF tag release
    • RIL based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Fix API1 compatible camera ids, if HAL3 is enabled LineageOS Gerrit
    • Use thermal engine configuration from marlin (Google Pixel XL)
    • Some useful repopicks (e.g. APN updates, icons etc.)
    • LineageOS repo sync
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    Sorry for the inconvenience, didn't notes that LineageOS pushed the new CAF display,media and audio HALs to github. Since our display/media blobs are still based on an Oreo CAF tag, these cause issues with newer P CAF HALs. Next build scheduled for today.
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-11-05 Security Patch (9.0.0_r16)
    • Kernel and qcacld-2.0 to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update DRM from Pixel XL (marlin)
    • Update GPS to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update SDM, Vulkan blobs
    • Update CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs from Axon M (fujisan)
    • Changes from B20 stock build imported
    • Smaller misc fixes
    • Repo sync LineageOS
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • SD cards not being detected fixed
    • Snap and Qcom Gallery2 are back
    • ANT+ enabled again and blobs updated for P
    • IPACM enabled again and updated for P
    • Marlins (Pixel XL) brightness curve is used now