• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I was using that same setup on liquid. Except the bootstack, I used the universal 15.1 draken zip. And 19.3 magisk technically. I didn't flash speedy for lineage yet. Brain dead or not(and they are), I think its reasonable to expect to not have to do so much to get something working. Especially if he's gonna hold the vdc's over people's heads.
the old vdc's are there though - i agree it's kinda bull$hitty that you have to search for them, but yeah. i actually bought one though.

What about older v4a's? They should work, and the sound should be exactly the same

RobMahn

Mar 30, 2015
FYI I flashed 20190312 and I also still cannot receive inbound calls on T-Mobile. I've tried massaging all the settings, call T-Mo for help, etc. but no setting change has resulted in success. I need this phone as my daily driver so I'm going back to Oreo which was working fine. I'll check back in a couple months (it was 3 months between previous updates) but I'm not hopeful that this ROM is still being maintained.

I too have stumbled over this problem. Outbound works, but no ringing or notification of and inbound call.

ls117

Jun 11, 2017
Did you enable compatibility mode? Or try installing audmodlib?

Edit: Lol, you're the same guy. anyhow that might fix your problem. I'm using V4A 2.7.x on AEX gsi and it works flawlessly without any other mods.

Btw there's a Telegram group for v4a

I decided to go with AEX too, unfortunately you're too right about it working without any other mods. Ainur and AML seem to break the driver. Still, after trying probably 5 different roms, wiping and flashing, restoring google backups multiple times a day, just being frustrated overall for 3 days trying to make v4a work, I had the biggest smile when it finally processed. Hopefully the issue with Ainur and AML breaking V4A get fixed. The messed up thing is I think my problem with V4A this whole time might have just been DVC in Poweramp. I forgot you were supposed to disable that. Not sure about giving Lineage another chance though.

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I decided to go with AEX too, unfortunately you're too right about it working without any other mods. Ainur and AML seem to break the driver. Still, after trying probably 5 different roms, wiping and flashing, restoring google backups multiple times a day, just being frustrated overall for 3 days trying to make v4a work, I had the biggest smile when it finally processed. Hopefully the issue with Ainur and AML breaking V4A get fixed. The messed up thing is I think my problem with V4A this whole time might have just been DVC in Poweramp. I forgot you were supposed to disable that. Not sure about giving Lineage another chance though.
God, really? I was about to ask you if you were using Poweramp lol

Ainur is probably just placebo tbh. Most people I know agree that it's not a game changer. And in my case V4A doesn't work unless I have AML installed, so there's that

Don't give Lineage another chance, unless you really want it and are willing to use Oreo. Unofficial 15.1 is the only worthwhile one for now. AEX is more than fine

olus

Oct 4, 2008
So I see you share your kernel source, but where is the LOS16 device tree, which you know has to be shared as well?

its top secret code he will never share. because he will get in jail when he shares this! stop asking for this!
maybe the zte-agents will visit you if you dont stop.. or zte will ban the rest of the world because they are sharing code from zte. or they will abuse the oreo release.. or.. or..
just stop asking! ?

Reactions: fernando_fec

Giustiniman

Feb 7, 2019
I only know that I need to share my kernel as per XDA rules.
Yeah but, you know, all the axon 7 community could enjoy a good specific rom instead of gsi one. We are asking you help, and because you changed your main device, sharing Los trees would be really helpful. Let our main device have a good rom. I hope you will do it one day... Thank you

chironfr

Feb 14, 2016
Chassieu
Great job, great rom, very stable.
I was coming from offical LOS 15.1
I have first wiped system, data, internal storage, cache, dalvik cache.
I have then installed it along with opengapps (micro) and magisk
Everything is working, battery life is very good.
and the infamous bug of google photos that was crashing is gone.

apoha

Jul 18, 2019
Can we get Hi-Res 24Bit/192kHZ output through our phone's AKM 4490 DAC with this LOS 16 rom or is it possible for any other Pie ROMs?

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Can we get Hi-Res 24Bit/192kHZ output through our phone's AKM 4490 DAC with this LOS 16 rom or is it possible for any other Pie ROMs?
yes, you can
issue "su" then "dumpsys media.audio_flinger" from a terminal while playing hi-res stuff, then find the output that says "Processing: yes" and check the resolution

Bary25

Nov 30, 2017
How to fix throttling in this rom in so low temperature i can't even play one pubg match
It's throttling performance in 38 37 decrease
Help please ?!!
Note
I used kernel adutior and turned of temperature limt and the performance drop is still remind

truc113

Dec 8, 2010
Trifouilly-les-Oies
I only know that I need to share my kernel as per XDA rules.

yes of course, but you're not developing on this device anymore and obviously no longer needing code related to axon7 anymore.
I suppose this code is pretty fundamental for pie based dev on this device as LOS is usually the most stable rom one can find, usually the "mother" of other roms.
so why not making it public for other people still interested in this device? instead of keeping it only for yourself even if you won't ever use it anymore.
that would be really kind of you and could save quite some time to any further developer willing to work on this still great device.

may the gods change your mind :)

runninghamster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
ZTE Axon 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Also does any build from now on require a vendor partition, by doing this you will lose the ability to flash official builds provided by ZTE. Any failure in this process of flashing or repartitioning could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

What's not working:
    SELinux is permissive

Instructions:
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
    Attention! You'll need a vendor partition!
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
    2. Flash vendor creation tool. Download (unnecessary, if done already)
    * On first flash the device will reboot, just reboot to recovery and reflash the zip.
    3. Update your version of TWRP. Download
    4. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
    5. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    6. Install the ROM. Download
    7. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (9.0)]
    8. Reboot.

What is CAF?
    Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev
    @DrakenFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/android_kernel_zte_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-07-28
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-09-05 Security Patch (android-9.0.0_r6)
    • Kernel based on newest P CAF tag release (LA.UM.7.6.r1-02000-89xx.0)
    • CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs updated from Axon M (fujisan) thx to @Unjustified Dev
    • Wlan based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Bluetooth based on newest P CAF tag release
    • RIL based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Fix API1 compatible camera ids, if HAL3 is enabled LineageOS Gerrit
    • Use thermal engine configuration from marlin (Google Pixel XL)
    • Some useful repopicks (e.g. APN updates, icons etc.)
    • LineageOS repo sync
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    Sorry for the inconvenience, didn't notes that LineageOS pushed the new CAF display,media and audio HALs to github. Since our display/media blobs are still based on an Oreo CAF tag, these cause issues with newer P CAF HALs. Next build scheduled for today.
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-11-05 Security Patch (9.0.0_r16)
    • Kernel and qcacld-2.0 to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update DRM from Pixel XL (marlin)
    • Update GPS to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update SDM, Vulkan blobs
    • Update CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs from Axon M (fujisan)
    • Changes from B20 stock build imported
    • Smaller misc fixes
    • Repo sync LineageOS
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • SD cards not being detected fixed
    • Snap and Qcom Gallery2 are back
    • ANT+ enabled again and blobs updated for P
    • IPACM enabled again and updated for P
    • Marlins (Pixel XL) brightness curve is used now