• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

llamanirvana

Aug 26, 2014
@jiggumbob, no, LOS 16 doesn't have signature spoofing. You would have to patch the ROM first. Could probably try NanoDroid Patcher or some other tool like SmaliPatcher.

Check here...
[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 22.3.20190805 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928

and/or this post...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80089645&postcount=7029

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Candy7 v5.2 ROM, Google free - no microG, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

SmaliPatcher worked like a charm to patch for signature spoofing on ROM 20190729.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcdw

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
@OrdenKrieger is there any advice you can give a few of us?

After you kindly published your sources we have been seeing lots of new device specific roms for the axon 7.

Each release though seems to include undefeatable thermal throttling.

It is normally possible to disable the the throttling by editing config files but for some reason it's not working for us.

Can you think of anything in your sources that may be causing it? When we have been running the GSI releases with the vendor from los15 we didn't have the problem.

atakan33

Oct 17, 2016
@OrdenKrieger in pie .Treble Checker apps say we dont have treble.How it could be ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190919-115445_Project_Treble.png
    Screenshot_20190919-115445_Project_Treble.png
    246 KB · Views: 661

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Dodgexander;80256907 [user=5027381 said:
@OrdenKrieger[/user] is there any advice you can give a few of us?

After you kindly published your sources we have been seeing lots of new device specific roms for the axon 7.

Each release though seems to include undefeatable thermal throttling.

It is normally possible to disable the the throttling by editing config files but for some reason it's not working for us.

Can you think of anything in your sources that may be causing it? When we have been running the GSI releases with the vendor from los15 we didn't have the problem.
@OrdenKrieger This forced low thermal throttling is occurring in both your latest July builds. Editing thermal-engine-8996.conf is not yielding any difference. I tried the earlier March build and it is able to be modified by the thermal conf normally.

atakan33;80269237 [user=5027381 said:
@OrdenKrieger[/user] in pie .Treble Checker apps say we dont have treble.How it could be ?
I saw this in build.prop ro.treble.enabled=false not sure if that's the exact cause. Why should the report matter in any case?

Sent from my unknown using XDA Labs

Louisthefirst

Oct 29, 2017
hey!
i am comming from lineageos 16.0 2019.march.12.
can i simply update the newest version of lineageos by using twrp without instaling modem again?
thx

bytheway why cant i simly update the rom through updater ?

RobMahn

Mar 30, 2015
Here is a screenshot of what I see when going to Security & privacy --> Smart Lock --> Voice Match

Everything actually works perfectly fine. After selecting Access with Voice Match I was able to select Unlock with Voice Match as well.

Maybe the Gapps package you installed didn't include the Assistant? I used Aroma but for some reason my selection of removing certain apps didn't work so I just had to install every single Google app and just disable some when I booted.

I could not turn on "Access with Voice Match". Upon your note that you use Aroma, I looked into the Open GAPPS, as I had started with PICO. I noted that the fly over for NANO said that it "includes the extra functionality that is not available from the play store".

So, I downloaded NANO and installed it over my existing system. That fixed the problem. (Note that I am now running ViperOS, but had the same problem.)

runninghamster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
ZTE Axon 7
hey!
i am comming from lineageos 16.0 2019.march.12.
can i simply update the newest version of lineageos by using twrp without instaling modem again?
thx

bytheway why cant i simly update the rom through updater ?
To update, you can simply flash the new zip in TWRP over your existing system, and then flash gapps/magisk again.
You don't need to flash modem or bootstack again.

Updating via OTA through the updater isn't available because LineageOS 16 for the Axon 7 isn't Official.

Beeperz

Jul 22, 2009
Moscow
Phone can't establish EDGE connection in "2G only" mode. 3G and LTE works well. (lineage-16.0-20190729-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip).
It worked on some of early build, can't remember which exactly, may be even not from topic-starter.

Last edited:

RobMahn

Mar 30, 2015
VoLTE not working on T-Mobile

I am on T-Mobile. I was running lineage-16.0-20190729-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip and having trouble with no inbound audio on some calls. I switched to Viper-axon7-20190924-v6.7-OFFICIAL.zip and was having the same problem, but then isolated the situation.

I only lose inbound audio on an inbound call from another T-Mobile phone. Inbound from land line is OK. Calling out to a T-Mobile phone is OK. Turning off VoLTE resolves the problem.

Reactions: olivierboro
Stock Music Player Problem

i was listening to music from the stock lineage os (16) player when my axon7 died due to dead battery.
the day after I load it 100%, turn it on and enter the music player and surprise ... the player no longer recognizes the songs on the sd card. I have already tried: to clear the cache and data and disable the app and restart, to remove the micro sd from the phone and restart, but nothing ... I also have other alternative music players that obviously works well, solutions for the stock music player?
many thx!

Mohamedkam000

i was listening to music from the stock lineage os (16) player when my axon7 died due to dead battery.
the day after I load it 100%, turn it on and enter the music player and surprise ... the player no longer recognizes the songs on the sd card. I have already tried: to clear the cache and data and disable the app and restart, to remove the micro sd from the phone and restart, but nothing ... I also have other alternative music players that obviously works well, solutions for the stock music player?
many thx!

Single swiping Music Player out of recents & reopening could've fixed your problem.
Now, try clearing "Media Storage" app's data & cache, reboot, use your phone normally till Media Storage finishes recognizing your media files.

Single swiping Music Player out of recents & reopening could've fixed your problem.
Now, try clearing "Media Storage" app's data & cache, reboot, use your phone normally till Media Storage finishes recognizing your media files.

ok, i will try it in a few days :) oh yes put out and in the data's SD is a good way i think, thx

Tiesemans

Jun 19, 2018
DB
I am scared ****less

ok,

From this point on I am scared ****less.

What happened?!

Well in my case I had a brand new sealed in storebox Axon 7 lying around for the past 2 years.
My OnePlus One was still going strong on Lineage 16 so I felt no need to start using the Axon.
Until a couple of weeks ago when my OPO screen broke.
Thus I took out the EU model Axon 7 and assuming it was still running the factory installed OS version so I immediately ran the Axon7 EDL Tool and used it as a total noob.
BIG mistake. Hard bricked the damn thing on first try.
Send it back to the store feeling sick to my gut.
I bought it from them 2 years and 4 months ago and they have been very generous ... even do It was 4 months past EU 2 years factory warranty they send a brand new replacement Axon 7.
Thus my title .. Now I am scared ****less to repeat myself.
Unlike the samsungs and Opo's I have no idea how to root, install TWRP and sideload Lineage on a phone like this.
Which of the hardcore veterans is willing to guide me step by step via PM to a successful install of Lineage 16 on this brand new stock Axon 7?

Young Gunna

the fix udev did is still working in los16 but oreden in his latest build did not fix a wifi hal denial that prevent reading the correct mac address see this commit , this commit will fix the issue and has been tested on all other pie ROMs
you can also check these post for more information
Sorry for the dumb question but how can I apply this commit? Is there a way I can do it manually without having to make my own rom build? I don't have the resources to do it unfortunately.

runninghamster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
ZTE Axon 7
Thus I took out the EU model Axon 7 and assuming it was still running the factory installed OS version so I immediately ran the Axon7 EDL Tool and used it as a total noob.
BIG mistake. Hard bricked the damn thing on first try.
Send it back to the store feeling sick to my gut.
I bought it from them 2 years and 4 months ago and they have been very generous ... even do It was 4 months past EU 2 years factory warranty they send a brand new replacement Axon 7.
Thus my title .. Now I am scared ****less to repeat myself.
Unlike the samsungs and Opo's I have no idea how to root, install TWRP and sideload Lineage on a phone like this.
Which of the hardcore veterans is willing to guide me step by step via PM to a successful install of Lineage 16 on this brand new stock Axon 7?
I'm surprised to managed to hard brick the Axon 7, it's basically unbrickable. If you managed to brick it again, just post here for help and describe the situation. Anyhow, going from stock to LineageOS 16.0 is pretty simple. It's going to be a lot of text, but I've simplified as much as I could.

• Firstly, make sure you've enabled OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging from Developer Settings on the phone, standard procedure.
• On your computer, install Qualcomm USB drivers. You can Google for these, easy to find.

• Download the very same 'Axon 7 EDL Tool' you used before. It won't brick the phone lol.
• Make sure you extract the folder of the tool to the base of your C:\ drive. It should be C:\ Axon7EDLTool (example).
• Plug your phone into the computer via a USB 2.0 port, and launch the EDL Tool.
• Agree with the confirmation it gives, and it'll automatically reboot the phone into EDL mode.
• Once rebooted, it should appear on the tool 'Connected' as Qualcomm QLoader 9008 etc.

• On the tool, select 'Unlock' and then 'Unlock bootloader'.
• Let it run, and once complete it will reboot the device.
• You can confirm the bootloader is unlocked if it shows a red/yellow text warning everytime you boot the phone saying 'Your device is corrupt / Your device is unlocked'.

• Download TWRP version 3.2.1-0 from here
https://eu.dl.twrp.me/ailsa_ii/
• Rename the downloaded TWRP image to recovery.img and place it in C:\EDL_Tool\flash\recovery

• Unplug/replug your phone back into the computer and relaunch the EDL Tool. It should reboot the phone into EDL mode.
• Back on the tool, confirm the phone shows as connected, and select 'Flash' and then 'Recovery'.
• This will flash TWRP on your device.
• It should reboot the device, or give you a prompt to reboot it. Hit yes, and then confirm TWRP works by powering off the phone, and then turning it on by holding the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the ZTE logo shows.
• If for some reason it flashes a red led instead of going to TWRP, just try booting to it again.

• Now you can simply follow the instructions given in the first post of this thread. Flash Los15.1 Universal v2 bootloader, flash your device's modem, and then flash LOS 16 + Gapps + Magisk (if needed).

• The bootloader changes the TWRP you've installed currently to a semi-broken one. I'd recommend installing the TWRP linked in the OP, version 3.2.3-0.

• The red 'device is corrupt/bootloader unlocked' screen is normal. Simply press the power button on those screens (will show twice), and then it'll show a tux. Wait 20 seconds, and the LineageOS boot logo will show. Done :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Also does any build from now on require a vendor partition, by doing this you will lose the ability to flash official builds provided by ZTE. Any failure in this process of flashing or repartitioning could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

What's not working:
    SELinux is permissive

Instructions:
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
    Attention! You'll need a vendor partition!
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
    2. Flash vendor creation tool. Download (unnecessary, if done already)
    * On first flash the device will reboot, just reboot to recovery and reflash the zip.
    3. Update your version of TWRP. Download
    4. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
    5. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    6. Install the ROM. Download
    7. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (9.0)]
    8. Reboot.

What is CAF?
    Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev
    @DrakenFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/android_kernel_zte_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-07-28
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-09-05 Security Patch (android-9.0.0_r6)
    • Kernel based on newest P CAF tag release (LA.UM.7.6.r1-02000-89xx.0)
    • CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs updated from Axon M (fujisan) thx to @Unjustified Dev
    • Wlan based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Bluetooth based on newest P CAF tag release
    • RIL based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Fix API1 compatible camera ids, if HAL3 is enabled LineageOS Gerrit
    • Use thermal engine configuration from marlin (Google Pixel XL)
    • Some useful repopicks (e.g. APN updates, icons etc.)
    • LineageOS repo sync
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    Sorry for the inconvenience, didn't notes that LineageOS pushed the new CAF display,media and audio HALs to github. Since our display/media blobs are still based on an Oreo CAF tag, these cause issues with newer P CAF HALs. Next build scheduled for today.
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-11-05 Security Patch (9.0.0_r16)
    • Kernel and qcacld-2.0 to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update DRM from Pixel XL (marlin)
    • Update GPS to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update SDM, Vulkan blobs
    • Update CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs from Axon M (fujisan)
    • Changes from B20 stock build imported
    • Smaller misc fixes
    • Repo sync LineageOS
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • SD cards not being detected fixed
    • Snap and Qcom Gallery2 are back
    • ANT+ enabled again and blobs updated for P
    • IPACM enabled again and updated for P
    • Marlins (Pixel XL) brightness curve is used now