[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

killermojo

May 20, 2010
Calgary
My battery is just garbage on this + crimson kernel. It's dead after 4 hours with moderate navigation usage. Is this normal?

OrdenKrieger

Dec 25, 2012
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble right now. I had in mind bringing up a new build for this week but sadly my 5 year old SSD just died on me yesterday. That's bad because the device tree and vendor files where on this drive. Luckily I had almost all my stuff updated on my private repos. So I 'll be getting a new drive asap. If you liked my work so far and you want to help me out a bit with this you can do this here PayPal I appreciate every support :) I wish everyone a great Christmas :)

Druboo666

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble right now. I had in mind bringing up a new build for this week but sadly my 5 year old SSD just died on me yesterday. That's bad because the device tree and vendor files where on this drive. Luckily I had almost all my stuff updated on my private repos. So I 'll be getting a new drive asap. If you liked my work so far and you want to help me out a bit with this you can do this here PayPal I appreciate every support :) I wish everyone a great Christmas :)

any chance of making the repos public :confused::confused::rolleyes:

HeikoNote3

Aug 17, 2015
Ist there any fix for the GPS? Waze and Maps Cant locate my Phone? Whats the Problem? Im in Schwifty Kernel 5.12. could that be the Problem?

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
Ist there any fix for the GPS? Waze and Maps Cant locate my Phone? Whats the Problem? Im in Schwifty Kernel 5.12. could that be the Problem?

Same on 15.1. It's been mentioned a couple of times in the 15.1 thread now, but udev doesn't seem to have time to fix it at the moment. He hasn't posted since the 18th of november, so I guess he's busy with life.

Reactions: HeikoNote3

Jcth1

May 28, 2018
I have been through this thread loads but might have missed it.

When I play videos or listen to music I only have the phones top speaker putting out audio. Is this something wrong with my phone or is this something I read about to do with the DACs etc.

I was just wondering as I know in stock there was Dolby but I'm guessing it doesn't work currently in LOS.

I've tried a few mods from magisk but none worked for me.

Any help appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

About Lineage OS:

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
    This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem package below. Also does any build from now on require a vendor partition, by doing this you will lose the ability to flash official builds provided by ZTE. Any failure in this process of flashing or repartitioning could lead to an unrecoverable bricked device.

What's not working:
    SELinux is permissive

Instructions:
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked!
    Attention! You'll need a vendor partition!
    1. Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem. Download
    2. Flash vendor creation tool. Download (unnecessary, if done already)
    * On first flash the device will reboot, just reboot to recovery and reflash the zip.
    3. Update your version of TWRP. Download
    4. Perform a backup of your current ROM. (optional)
    5. Wipe system,data and cache (optional) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    6. Install the ROM. Download
    7. Install GApps. (optional) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm64) (9.0)]
    8. Reboot.

What is CAF?
    Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, hosts tested open source software code needed to provide upstream enablement for innovative, performance optimized, network connectivity and related ecosystems to support system on a chip (SoC) products. It also serves as a staging area for open source code that is submitted to various upstream projects such as the Linux kernel and Android. CAF also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources, Changes, & Wiki:
    Source | Changes | Axon 7 Wiki | Lineage OS

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev
    @DrakenFX

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for ZTE Axon 7, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/android_kernel_zte_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: O bootloader + region modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-07-28
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-09-05 Security Patch (android-9.0.0_r6)
    • Kernel based on newest P CAF tag release (LA.UM.7.6.r1-02000-89xx.0)
    • CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs updated from Axon M (fujisan) thx to @Unjustified Dev
    • Wlan based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Bluetooth based on newest P CAF tag release
    • RIL based on newest P CAF tag release
    • Fix API1 compatible camera ids, if HAL3 is enabled LineageOS Gerrit
    • Use thermal engine configuration from marlin (Google Pixel XL)
    • Some useful repopicks (e.g. APN updates, icons etc.)
    • LineageOS repo sync
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    Sorry for the inconvenience, didn't notes that LineageOS pushed the new CAF display,media and audio HALs to github. Since our display/media blobs are still based on an Oreo CAF tag, these cause issues with newer P CAF HALs. Next build scheduled for today.
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • 2018-11-05 Security Patch (9.0.0_r16)
    • Kernel and qcacld-2.0 to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update DRM from Pixel XL (marlin)
    • Update GPS to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03100-8x96.0
    • Update SDM, Vulkan blobs
    • Update CNE, DPM, IMS, and RIL blobs from Axon M (fujisan)
    • Changes from B20 stock build imported
    • Smaller misc fixes
    • Repo sync LineageOS
    DOWNLOAD
    lineage-16.0-20181114-UNOFFICIAL-axon7.zip
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • SD cards not being detected fixed
    • Snap and Qcom Gallery2 are back
    • ANT+ enabled again and blobs updated for P
    • IPACM enabled again and updated for P
    • Marlins (Pixel XL) brightness curve is used now