[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 For A310, A510, and A710

Search This thread

nishhhhhh

Nov 1, 2021
This is the solution to your problem. Just log out of your Google accounts in stock and you won't have issues.

You should be able to unlock the phone with a valid Google account in the setup wizard though.

Regards,
Danny
So I tried removing all the accounts including google and Samsung but the problem was still there so I decided to let it cool down. After a week or so did everything again and unlocked the phone from dev options and it worked so thank you for all the suggestions.

Also there seem to be a new problem with the device with lineage 18.1, I always had some screen flickering issues at low brightness in 17.1 but it seems to have worsen and screen would just flash and then go dark again when trying to unlock the phone (I've attached a small sample video) and this occurs randomly, sometimes it would work in a few tries but other times it would refuse to work and I have to force restart to get it working. This seem to happen more on low brightness and mostly when there's a lot of background processes and its running low on RAM. the issue doesn't exist on stock or 17.1

CristianIs98

May 8, 2020
Latacunga
So I tried removing all the accounts including google and Samsung but the problem was still there so I decided to let it cool down. After a week or so did everything again and unlocked the phone from dev options and it worked so thank you for all the suggestions.

Also there seem to be a new problem with the device with lineage 18.1, I always had some screen flickering issues at low brightness in 17.1 but it seems to have worsen and screen would just flash and then go dark again when trying to unlock the phone (I've attached a small sample video) and this occurs randomly, sometimes it would work in a few tries but other times it would refuse to work and I have to force restart to get it working. This seem to happen more on low brightness and mostly when there's a lot of background processes and its running low on RAM. the issue doesn't exist on stock or 17.1
View attachment 5507553
I also had the same thing happen to me, the only solution is to change the screen for a new one.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015

View attachment 5507553
Looks strange. When it happens next can you dump a bug report afterwards and send it to me?

It might just be a bad/faulty display. Have you ever had it replaced?

Kind regards,
Danny

Reactions: maanteel

nishhhhhh

Nov 1, 2021
I also had the same thing happen to me, the only solution is to change the screen for a new one.
I have this suspicion too, and screen does look a bit washed out but this only happens on this rom so maybe it is screen plus a bit of something else? like on stock ROM which I was forced to use for a month this issue isn't present, and this issue only shows up when the memory is clogged on lineage as well. So I thought about asking for a solution, this is now my secondary device so I'll try and clear a bit of storage and apps as well to see if it helps.

vuut

Jun 8, 2012
NHA TRANG city
Looks strange. When it happens next can you dump a bug report afterwards and send it to me?

It might just be a bad/faulty display. Have you ever had it replaced?

Kind regards,
Danny
Does Rom support dual app as same stock ROm

Attachments

• 20220118_110956.png
    20220118_110956.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 24

Gartenkralle

Feb 13, 2017
Hey there,

i have a problem with my bluetooth connection in my car (Ford Focus Sync 3). The Bluetooth connection is very unstable. These are my steps:
  1. turn on bluetooth
  2. pair phone and car
  3. wait for both devices to connect
  4. wait another few seconds
  5. its connected for a few seconds, then the bluetooth service crashes and bluetooth in the phone is deactivated
  6. at the same time i get a popup message in my phone like this:
    Screenshot_20210828-185448_Einstellungen.png
  7. Clicking "Accept" or "Zulassen" doesn´t have any effect.
  8. then bluetooth gets activated again and it tries to connect. -> it crashes again and the procedure starts from the beginning.

The problem is also described in the LOS gitlab. See here and here

Is anybody here with a similar behaviour? Unfortunately there is no clear solution yet... LOS 18.1 doesn´t have this issue so the final "solution" is an update to 18.1.

Appeareantly the problem exists since last year august, when an security update came out, but i´m not sure.

Dirk

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    959.8 KB · Views: 8

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
I'm using nano, should I downgrade and test it again?
Nano should be ok.

You must have an app that is eating all your ram. When the screen is off ram usage should be at its lowest.

Kind regards,
Danny
Hey there,

i have a problem with my bluetooth connection in my car (Ford Focus Sync 3). The Bluetooth connection is very unstable. These are my steps:
  1. turn on bluetooth
  2. pair phone and car
  3. wait for both devices to connect
  4. wait another few seconds
  5. its connected for a few seconds, then the bluetooth service crashes and bluetooth in the phone is deactivated
  6. at the same time i get a popup message in my phone like this:
    Screenshot_20210828-185448_Einstellungen.png
  7. Clicking "Accept" or "Zulassen" doesn´t have any effect.
  8. then bluetooth gets activated again and it tries to connect. -> it crashes again and the procedure starts from the beginning.

The problem is also described in the LOS gitlab. See here and here

Is anybody here with a similar behaviour? Unfortunately there is no clear solution yet... LOS 18.1 doesn´t have this issue so the final "solution" is an update to 18.1.

Appeareantly the problem exists since last year august, when an security update came out, but i´m not sure.

Dirk
This thread is for LineageOS 18. 17.1 is nearly eol. Can you confirm it is ok in LineageOS 18.1?

From your log it looks like you aren't even using LineageOS? Can you dump an entire bug report?

Kind regards,
Danny

Gartenkralle

Feb 13, 2017
Nano should be ok.

You must have an app that is eating all your ram. When the screen is off ram usage should be at its lowest.

Kind regards,
Danny

This thread is for LineageOS 18. 17.1 is nearly eol. Can you confirm it is ok in LineageOS 18.1?

From your log it looks like you aren't even using LineageOS? Can you dump an entire bug report?

Kind regards,
Danny
Oh sh... yes you are right - my question belongs in the 17.1 thread. But yes i can confirm that the problem doesn´t exist in 18.1.

Dirk

Gartenkralle

Feb 13, 2017
Then the solution is to switch to 18.1. Like I said 17.1 is nearly EOL anyway.

Also from your logs it looks like you aren't event using LineageOS but are infact using /e/?
Yes you´re right, i tested several versions of 17.1 including /e/ and the official version from here. Unfortunately the attached logcat is from the /e/ version but the problem exists in both 17.1. versions.

OK then i think it´s time to switch to 18.1.

DIrk

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Yes you´re right, i tested several versions of 17.1 including /e/ and the official version from here. Unfortunately the attached logcat is from the /e/ version but the problem exists in both 17.1. versions.

OK then i think it´s time to switch to 18.1.

DIrk
I just had a quick look at github and this is the patch that fixed the issue in 18.1:

greebpaprika

Aug 19, 2020
yada yada
weirdly, as i tried to rollback, both via flashing my backup (that i had made with twrp) as well as, after that led to a seemingly never ending boot process (not a loop, just taking way too long to boot, like 10 minutes or so) yada yada
hey,
the LOS 18 is working on my phone (a5 2016), my only issues are sometimes app crashes (both those that i were actively using and background things) and camera won't shoot a picture when opened via whatsappthe first try, then if i go back and try again it works normally, but this camera issue i already had in LOS 17.

now turns out i didnt properly backup my data so i'd like to re-flash my backup of LOS 17 which i made with twrp, get the data, and then flash LOS 18 again - for this, do I have to first flash LOS 17, then the backup, or is the backup enough? does the flashing have to be done via TWRP or would it also work with the LOS recovery that came with the zip?
kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

New update uploaded.

Changes 26-04-2022:
    • Synced to latest LineageOS source (including April security patch)

I have been unable to reproduce the "system consuming ram" issue. Maybe it is triggered by a particular app or gapps version. I tested with the latest opengapps Pico from a couple of weeks ago.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    For zram getting full, maybe mounting the RAM device with the "discard" flag could prevent it from getting filled with useless data, as per: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/u0hb2a
    As for it begin unused sometimes, unfortunately older kernels can't use zram as efficiently as newer ones, due to them lacking a patch included in newer kernels that adjusts vm.swappiness to better handle zram scenarios, as per this answer: https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...-more-memory-compared-to-its-compressed-value

Also, for people running out of memory too often, a full memory system zram device might be useful, as per the same Stack Overflow answer. This is the default configuration on Fedora Linux, so it should be safe to use. I've been using both configs (discard + full RAM zram) without issues in all my devices.
    Looking at the kernel source for that device it does have a similar backport of zram. I will compare to see if I am missing a patch.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    Hey! I confirm that system process LOS 18.1 use ram that getting bigger and bigger of every day. I think the problem is not only old kernel. LOS 17.1 haven't this memory leak bug. I tested LOS 18.1 kernel used zram and zswap and got the same result.
    Hi Danny, new update works good and perform better but i have an issue in all build during call, audio cannot be played when switch to phone speaker and Bluetooth. Kindly check that if it can be resolved.
    Calls through speaker and Bluetooth headset work fine here.

What are the steps to reproduce your issue?

Do you have any audio/mixer mods installed?

Kind regards,
    Danny
    Is this stable enough for me to use in my daily driver? I have an a5xelte and I'm currently running LOS 17. It is stable enough for me to daily drive, except for random restarts when Bluetooth is enabled, and i'm connected to a device. I don't expect LOS 18 to fix this issue but I want to know if it is good enough for me to daily drive, also what is the difference between an official and unofficial LOS releases?
    There shouldn't be random reboots when connected to BT devices. That has never been reported to me.

Most users report 18.1 is more stable than 17.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    2okPze5.png

Introduction

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is a combined thread for the A series Exynos7580 based devices.

What works
    Everything
    What doesn't work
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Any issues will be ignored if you do not provide:
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg
    c) LineageOS bug report
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Installation

• Install the latest TWRP for your device
    • Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)
    • Do a full wipe (Cache, Data, System)
    • If this is your first time on a LineageOS ROM format data, you also need to have been running your latest stock OS version
    • Flash the latest LineageOS 18.1
    • Opengapps
    • (Magisk if required)
    • Do NOT install the TWRP app if prompted, this will most likely cause a bootloop
    Upgrade from official 17.1
    • Make a full backup
    • Flash in this order:
    • LineageOS-18.1
    • OpenGapps 11
    • (Magisk if required)
    • And then this migration zip available HERE
    Downloads
    Latest unofficial releases HERE
    OpenGapps HERE
    TWRP is available HERE
    Magisk is available HERE

Thanks
    @Stricted
    @dariotr
    @Androbots
    The LineageOS team
    All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)
    And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present

If you like my work consider buying me a coffee:

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Device trees:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_a3xelte
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_a5xelte
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_a7xelte
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal7580-common

Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7580

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-08-20
    Last Updated 2020-08-20
    Hi,

Update time!

Changes 20-01-2022 (all devices):
    • Synced to latest source (incl January security patch)
    • Enable WiFi display
    • Switch to GNSS HIDL service (improves GPS stability, thanks @retiredtab @impasta)
    • Fixed power profile switching (restores correct CPU speed when going back to balanced mode)
    Changes 20-01-2022 (A510F/A710F):
    • Enable fastcharge hal (allows disabling fastcharge)
    Kind regards,
    Danny
    Hi,

New update uploaded.

Changes 15-03-2022:
    • Synced to latest LineageOS source (including march security patch)
    Kind regards,
    Danny
    Just uploaded a new update.

Main changes 21-09-2021:
    • Resysnced source (includes updated webview)
    • Fixed Wi-Fi hotspot (broken in last build)
    • Added slow/fast charging detection (indicates on lock screen)
    Kind regards,
    Danny
    Thats real, audio and sensors are not working at the moment,
    I'm waiting for logs and try to fix bugs, I will create an own thread soon.