• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices

Search This thread
May 22, 2020
Is there anyway to skip the Google sign in during set up?
It seems that npjohnson will not refuse to provide us a tablet version of this ROM eventually, which will be able to work without GApps and becomes the basis for the separate MicroG builds (or give us the opportunity to install GApps/MicroG with our own hands). Isn't that what you were looking for?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
It seems that npjohnson will not refuse to provide us a tablet version of this ROM eventually, which will be able to work without GApps and becomes the basis for the separate MicroG builds (or give us the opportunity to install GApps/MicroG with our own hands). Isn't that what you were looking for?
There will be ATV Gapps less builds as well. Just not while we figure out OMX.

And yeah tablet builds at some point.

May 22, 2020
Just not while we figure out OMX.
Before this thread was started, I considered investing in building a DIY ATV box with Raspberry Pi 4, but abandoned this idea because of a similar issue: the developers of android builds for Pi4 for years now can't get the HW video decoder to work. Looks like some kind of universal scourge...

Does this also apply to Odroid C4? Because LineageS for C4 and other Odroid boards has existed for a long time, so maybe its author knows the solution.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Before this thread was started, I considered investing in building a DIY ATV box with Raspberry Pi 4, but abandoned this idea because of a similar issue: the developers of android builds for Pi4 for years now can't get the HW video decoder to work. Looks like some kind of universal scourge...

Does this also apply to Odroid C4? Because LineageS for C4 and other Odroid boards has existed for a long time, so maybe its author knows the solution.
I'm in contact with him.

It's broken there too, and due to newer kernel, theirs can't ever work.

Ours has a chance but us broken as hell lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ultimately settled on 1126400000, gives ~1.1GB to the system and accommodates the app adjustments I've been making for my builds without tripping OpenGApps' space check for TV stock
    this ended up being _wayyyyy_ to much, as this is the full value of the partition vs just the space to reserve, both will work, but we want to split it amongst partitions. One of our guys recalculated it and got it working.

Should be good to build now from breakfast/extract-files (or syncing the muppets).

Only thing left is hardware OMX. Hopefully we can figure it out!
    In case this helps anyone, this is how I've been getting USB debugging on without a google account and without updates.

Turn device on...
    -connect remote control
    -select language
    -skip phone setup
    -hit settings key on remote "cog-wheel"
    -go to "apps" > "see all apps"
    -select "update" and force stop
    -select "show system apps"
    -select "dynamic system updates" and force stop
    -select and disable (or force stop):
    *(it probably doesn't need to be all of these but I got sick and tired of narrowing it down)
    google
    google one time init
    google partner setup
    google play services
    google services framework
    market feedback agent
    second screen setup auth bridge
    settings suggestions
    setup wizard (force stop)
    setupcustomizer

-back out, back out, back out, until...
    -setup remote again
    -select language again

!!! - Pay attention directly after the next step. If you see anything other than "successfully connected to internet" then you missed something and it's going to download the update - hit settings button and wifi off

-sign in to network (It should say "checking connection" "successfully connected to internet")
    -as soon as you see the screen with a black background and "updating apps" message
    -hit settings button on remote
    -turn off WiFi

Now developer options can be enabled and USB debugging turned on.
    That did the trick (y) strangely I could not get the Lineage recovery to stick at first, even after rebooting to confirm the data wipe I kept getting back to the stock recovery. Only by going into stock recovery, then fastboot, then flashing the Lineage recovery was I able to get the Lineage recovery going.

Successfully sideloaded the 11/18 build and all looks good so far.
    Okay, so this is fun, I know exactly what they did here, and it's not intentional, I reported a bug to the underlying ODM sometime ago, and have had no response, looks like they fixed part of it!

I'll end up posting a write-up on our work blog at some point. I'll link it here, but for now, that method will work to unlock all of these boxes except for Sabrina.
    Is this in reference to LineageOS or stock? I assume the former ("breaks AVB") refers to LineageOS, while the latter ("Magisk patched boot image") refers to stock?

Unrelated: thank you for being so active in this thread, and for all the work you and others do to bring LineageOS to those who mostly just ask dumb questions or complain :p
    All of that was in reference to stock.

Lineage can be safely updated after pretty much any modification as it flashes a full OTA, and disables AVB. Will persist magisk through OTAs
    After two minutes of operation, the remote control stops working. Updating to the latest build and resetting does not solve the problem. In settings, it says that the remote control is connected. how can I fix the problem?
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Amlogic G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:
    We also support a few development boards, but at least (for now, until we have time to write up instructions), you're on your own to figure out the install process and set things up:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Hardware backed OMX - Therefore, by proxy, L1 DRM is broken, we're currently trying to fix it, but it's proving tough to figure out. Software OMX fallback is in use for now, though, and works fine on almost all non-DRM videos.
    • SELinux is permissive, this is only due to a lack of time to put together a decent looking sepolicy for the devices,
    • (wade/dopinder only) Side-button doesn't work - On wade, you can use the IR remote to navigate recovery, on dopinder, you'll need an OTG adapter, and a keyboard or controller to attach.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever. OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine, or at least, it will once we fix hardware backed OMX. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Not the Android TV one, not until we fix hardware backed OMX, at least - after that it should work fine. For now, you can go sideload the tablet Netflix, it works fine!

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Nope, SELinux is permissive, among other things. You can probably use Magisk if you really need that, but the good news is, 99% of Android TV apps don't care about SafetyNet, unlike on mobile, where a lot of them do.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    Yeah, you used the stock recovery. You need to fastboot flash, then fastboot boot recovery, I'll update the docs.

For dopinder, it's needed right now.

Found a procedure for dopinder without the need for keyboard/OTG.

The docs under "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot" state to use "adb reboot fastboot" which doesn't work for booting recovery, needed to do "adb reboot bootloader" instead.

Full command log (after unlocking bootloader and re-enabling USB debugging) of the install process with just a regular Micro USB to USB A cable:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    adb reboot sideload
    adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210805-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip
    # if successful then load bootloader and factory reset
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot

Successfully booted to LineageOS after this!
    I ultimately settled on 1126400000, gives ~1.1GB to the system and accommodates the app adjustments I've been making for my builds without tripping OpenGApps' space check for TV stock
    this ended up being _wayyyyy_ to much, as this is the full value of the partition vs just the space to reserve, both will work, but we want to split it amongst partitions. One of our guys recalculated it and got it working.

Should be good to build now from breakfast/extract-files (or syncing the muppets).

Only thing left is hardware OMX. Hopefully we can figure it out!
    sabrina support is live, enjoy.
    In case this helps anyone, this is how I've been getting USB debugging on without a google account and without updates.

Turn device on...
    -connect remote control
    -select language
    -skip phone setup
    -hit settings key on remote "cog-wheel"
    -go to "apps" > "see all apps"
    -select "update" and force stop
    -select "show system apps"
    -select "dynamic system updates" and force stop
    -select and disable (or force stop):
    *(it probably doesn't need to be all of these but I got sick and tired of narrowing it down)
    google
    google one time init
    google partner setup
    google play services
    google services framework
    market feedback agent
    second screen setup auth bridge
    settings suggestions
    setup wizard (force stop)
    setupcustomizer

-back out, back out, back out, until...
    -setup remote again
    -select language again

!!! - Pay attention directly after the next step. If you see anything other than "successfully connected to internet" then you missed something and it's going to download the update - hit settings button and wifi off

-sign in to network (It should say "checking connection" "successfully connected to internet")
    -as soon as you see the screen with a black background and "updating apps" message
    -hit settings button on remote
    -turn off WiFi

Now developer options can be enabled and USB debugging turned on.