• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] LineageOS 18.1 for D6633 Xperia Z3Dual

Search This thread

hidden.hero

Aug 6, 2020
I guess the recovery partition got corrupted after installing this rom. I can't open recovery in any way. neither from the key combination nor from within magisk. can you help?

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
I guess the recovery partition got corrupted after installing this rom. I can't open recovery in any way. neither from the key combination nor from within magisk. can you help?
there's only one way to reach a recovery. check android debugging in developer settings and plug your phone to your computer then use the command : adb reboot bootloader. then write: fastboot boot <your recovery name>.img
you will see your recovery is loaded. both lineage and twrp work this way.

Reactions: zpunout

hidden.hero

Aug 6, 2020
there's only one way to reach a recovery. check android debugging in developer settings and plug your phone to your computer then use the command : adb reboot bootloader. then write: fastboot boot <your recovery name>.img
you will see your recovery is loaded. both lineage and twrp work this way.
i tried this but phone stays on black screen And what happened to the recovery partition?

Mahmaod Rad

May 22, 2021
Flash The original boot file in the rom and flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img
Then when boot a green light s on and it will be in recovery so reinstall magisk 22.1 sony mod in last theid and DON'T UPDATE IT TO 23 YOU WILL LOSE THE WHY TO RECOVERY JUST STICK ON 22.1 SONY MOD
because 23 direct install will break the green light function and stick on it

hidden.hero

Aug 6, 2020
Flash The original boot file in the rom and flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img
Then when boot a green light s on and it will be in recovery so reinstall magisk 22.1 sony mod in last theid and DON'T UPDATE IT TO 23 YOU WILL LOSE THE WHY TO RECOVERY JUST STICK ON 22.1 SONY MOD
because 23 direct install will break the green light function and stick on it
Ok sir thank you. So where can I find the latest magisk mod files? I looked on github but there are only regular magisk files

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
i tried this but phone stays on black screen And what happened to the recovery partition?
i tried my method again, first time i got a system error message, ignored it and tried again, then recovery loaded without any errors. i guess you went to bootloader mode without using your computer. if your phone is on then plug it to your pc then take your device to bootloader mode by this command: adb reboot bootloader.
or if you wanna use volume up key while connecting to pc then you must type: fastboot reboot bootloader.
this is all i know about z3's fastboot. the device itself cannot go to bootloader mode and if you do it this way you will end up seeing blackscreen.

Reactions: hidden.hero

Mahmaod Rad

May 22, 2021
Ok every one
I will write how to install recovery and the rom for this phone so lets Begin after unlock the bootloader
1 after unlock the bootloader phone will erase uesr data so after it show ( powered by android ) kill the phone (by power and vol up ) and push vol up and put usb to it and blue light will appear
So starting with flash the recovery with command
fastboot flash boot ( img file )
for recovery on this link https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261722030
then
fastboot reboot
you will get twrp on boot all time so connect your phone to computer and copy the recovery file to the phone (or put it to sdcard and put it in to phone ) and go to install img file go to where you put the recovery file and flash it to recovery and go to reboot and reboot to bootloader and flash the recovery for lineageos by the same command and just reboot to it and install the rom and gapps and magisk sony mod in this link
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/files/6330986/Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip
and we done
so when reboot you will se green light press down or up volume it will be blue one and you will get twrp and when you let it boot without touching it you will get lineageos 18.1 with root and last thing DO NOT DO DIRECT INSTALL TO 23.0 MAGISK JUST STICK ON 22.1 AND JUST IGNORE IT WHEN IT TELL YOU TO UPDATE IT AND YOU DONE
i hope you will do everything great and you don't have any thing wrong

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
.../ i could install D6603 roms on my dual device so i guess you can install this rom on your device too.
@ TheShadowOfAGhost20

Hi..! May I ask if your dual device (D6633?) was "fully" functional after flashing a D6603 rom?
Or more specifically: If your Cell-phone and a SIM-card reader was working?

And if that was with a Sony-rom? an official LOS-rom? or some other rom..?

I have a D6683 dual SIM device (just like zpunout), and just flashed the latest "official" LineageOS for microG Z3 D6603 rom (after first flashing Sony D6603 rom, that I never booted).
Everything looks fine... - except that neither of the SIM-card readers are recognized. So: No phone, no data connection... (wifi works though)

On the other hand, I had just before that, flashed the same device with this D6633 rom from the OP here (+ Magisk and microG). And I had no issues with the SIM-card readers or the phone/4G.

Is it just the D6683, and not the D6633 device, that have this SIM-card issue..?
I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
@ TheShadowOfAGhost20

Hi..! May I ask if your dual device (D6633?) was "fully" functional after flashing a D6603 rom?
Or more specifically: If your Cell-phone and a SIM-card reader was working?

And if that was with a Sony-rom? an official LOS-rom? or some other rom..?

I have a D6683 dual SIM device (just like zpunout), and just flashed the latest "official" LineageOS for microG Z3 D6603 rom (after first flashing Sony D6603 rom, that I never booted).
Everything looks fine... - except that neither of the SIM-card readers are recognized. So: No phone, no data connection... (wifi works though)

On the other hand, I had just before that, flashed the same device with this D6633 rom from the OP here (+ Magisk and microG). And I had no issues with the SIM-card readers or the phone/4G.

Is it just the D6683, and not the D6633 device, that have this SIM-card issue..?
I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.
I didn't get around to experimenting with a D6603 OS image on the D6683 phone I had for a week so thanks for sharing your experience. I wonder if it's something to do with how the OS talks to the drivers in vendor.img. I'd like to learn how things like this work on that level.

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
I'm afraid I have no intell to offer at that level...

My decision to test the LineageOS for microG D6603 rom originated form lacking a way to patch the rom for signature spoofing to make microG work, without using Magisk and rooting. I would be quite happy with this rom if I could.
But my desire for a usable phone/4G is greater than not rooting...

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
@ TheShadowOfAGhost20

yes my phone was working just like a single sim device without a second sim slot, but right after install, single version of roms usually read sim cards but aren't able to connect to network and data and say "no service - emergency calls only".this is because of modem files that are not match to your device's hardware so you need to replace them with modem files from your device's official sony rom. the modem files are located in: system/etc/firmware/: modem.b00 modem.b01....modem.b25 and modem.mdt. copy these files from sony's latest official rom and replace it with modem files in this custom rom or any other roms. this rom's modem files are located in system/vendor/firmware. use root explorer to do that, the other file managers aren't working properly. after doing these steps correctly, then reboot your phone. your sim card should work then.

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
Thank you very much: TheShadowOfAGhost20..!

I will dig into, and try this. and report my result
I believe I will use adb to manipulate the files.

Reactions: TheShadowOfAGhost20

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
Naah... Nice try - but still no SIM-card... :confused:

@ TheShadowOfAGhost20:
I swapped the modem files to the Sony D6683 versions - No difference. There is no response or detection of any SIM-card - at all...
(I'm still on LineageOS for microG 18.1 for Z3 D6603)

Now I read your post again and noticed you said:
// single version of roms usually read sim cards but aren't able to connect to network //
Does that mean that the SIM-card is detected and pin-cod verification is executed?
That doesn't happen on my device...
Settings / About phone / SIM status : says "Not available" in all fields.
(I'm not quite sure the status was the same before I swapped the modem files - only a little...)

Now, I belive this is turning a bit to much off topic... And I don't know how much more there is to look for and test.

If anyone has any obvious suggestions for further investigations, maybe I should jump to the regular [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for D6603 Xperia Z3 ?
(LineageOS for microG doesn't seem to be widely discussed here)
Or a new subject on the Xperia Z3 General board, or that which is most appropriate.

TheShadowOfAGhost20

Mar 8, 2020
Rasht
Naah... Nice try - but still no SIM-card... :confused:

@ TheShadowOfAGhost20:
I swapped the modem files to the Sony D6683 versions - No difference. There is no response or detection of any SIM-card - at all...
(I'm still on LineageOS for microG 18.1 for Z3 D6603)

Now I read your post again and noticed you said:

Does that mean that the SIM-card is detected and pin-cod verification is executed?
That doesn't happen on my device...
Settings / About phone / SIM status : says "Not available" in all fields.
(I'm not quite sure the status was the same before I swapped the modem files - only a little...)

Now, I belive this is turning a bit to much off topic... And I don't know how much more there is to look for and test.

If anyone has any obvious suggestions for further investigations, maybe I should jump to the regular [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for D6603 Xperia Z3 ?
(LineageOS for microG doesn't seem to be widely discussed here)
Or a new subject on the Xperia Z3 General board, or that which is most appropriate.
this method works only if the sim card is detected. i'm from iran and my phone says "persian sim (iran) detected" after first boot into system. if you didn't see any toast notification about your country's sim detected or changing your language automatically or even don't see your network provider's name on status bar then probably your sim card is not detected so this is why you still don't have connection. contact Mr.Tom_Tom maybe he can help you.

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
OK, so my issue probably didn't relate to the modem files (that might be an additional issue though).

Meanwhile, I has been on a "Firmware-Flashing-Tour" with my D6683 device. First I flashed "stock" Sony D6683, then Sony D6633, and finally this "OP rom": [Unofficial] LineageOS D6633.
I did it mainly to verify that my hardware still works.
The SIM-card readers and phone calls works well in all these firmwares, verifying it's only in "LineageOS for microG" I have an SIM-card reader issue.

But now I have a new issue with the data connection, both with this "OP rom" and the Sony D6683 rom.
I didn't bother to investigate the Sony D6683 rom, assuming it was a configuration issue.
With the Sony D6633 rom, it just worked (I didn't check which type of connection).

But on this OP rom however, I can't get connection over LTE (4G), unless I select "LTE only" as "Prefered network type".
If I select the "default" choice: "GSM/WCDMA/LTE", connection fails, looping between HSDPA and LTE. (possibly the same issue as with the Sony D6683 rom?)

The "LTE only" connection works fine as is, but the coverage of 4G isn't that great where I live...

Next step: examine logcat radio...
Other suggestions..?

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
Uhh... The content of the logs is way over my head.
There are nothing I can interpret to anything meaningful.

If anyone is willing to give it a try - here they are...

3 log filess are taken from a working connetion, when I change the "Preferred connection type" to:
  • GSM/WCDMA (3G)
  • LTE only (4G-only)
  • GSM/WCDMA/LTE (4G-mix)
The first two options work as intended. The third never connects and gets stuck in a loop.

And just to be clear:
I'm running the rom of this tread now: [Unofficial] LineageOS 18.1 for D6633 Xperia Z3Dual

Edit:
Can't upload the third log file. It's only 39kB - it can't be to big..?

Attachments

• LOS_D3366-4G-only.log
    3.2 KB · Views: 4
  • LOS_D3366-3G.log
    5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Mr.Tom_Tom

Feb 16, 2008
Munich
I have a D6683 dual SIM device (just like zpunout) [...]
For D6683 I would recommend the following (without any guarantee that it will work)
  • Start from scratch (really!) by installing the latest stock rom for your D6683 (Flashtool, Xperifirm) as described in the official LineageOS wiki.
  • Save a copy of your build.prop from the official ROM
  • Also, extract the following firmware files
modem.b00
modem.b01
modem.b02
modem.b03
modem.b06
modem.b08
modem.b09
modem.b11
modem.b12
modem.b13
modem.b14
modem.b15
modem.b16
modem.b17
modem.b18
modem.b19
modem.b22
modem.b23
modem.b24
modem.b25
modem.mdt
adsp.b00
adsp.b01
adsp.b02
adsp.b03
adsp.b04
adsp.b05
adsp.b06
adsp.b07
adsp.b08
adsp.b09
adsp.b10
adsp.b11
adsp.b12
adsp.mdt
  • Install the D6633 ROM from this thread
  • Replace the firmware files
  • Change the related build properties to match the D6683 configuration. Especially have a look at these:
Code:
ro.semc.version.sw=1286-4838
ro.semc.version.cust=1288-7358
ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R4D
ro.semc.product.model=D6633
ro.semc.ms_type_id=PM-0800-BV
persist.multisim.config=dsds
persist.radio.disable_flexmap=1
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
persist.radio.ignore_dom_time=120
rild.libargs=-d[SPACE]/dev/smd0
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
persist.telephony.oosisdc=false
ro.telephony.default_network=9,1
ro.ril.telephony.mqanelements=5
ro.multisim.set_audio_params=true
ro.use_data_netmgrd=true

pi r

Sep 22, 2021
Hi Mr.Tom_Tom..!

Thanks for your effort and suggestion. I'm in the middle of the process, and is editing the build.prop, when I found a suspected typo in your last post as well as in your ROM.

In your post and ROM:
Code:
rild.libargs=-d[SPACE]/dev/smd0

In Sony's ROM:
Code:
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

This might not be of any importance. I hasn't tested any changes yet. I just wanted to point it out, before I forget...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage_strip_teal-png.5158389

Introduction

This is the unofficial LineageOS 18.1 thread for the Sony Xperia Z3 DUAL D6633. Although Lineage is maintaining a device tree for the D6633 it is currently not supported officially, but this may change in the future.

If you own a Z3 single SIM D6603 go here.
    If you own a Z3 Compact D5803 go here.
    If you own a Z3 DUAL SIM Hongkong variant D6683 see post#2.

LineageOS 18.1 is an open-source Android distribution based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) version 11 (R).

Installation

If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery with the download link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset. You also will need a factory reset if you come from LineageOS 17.1 with encryption enabled.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Detailed installation instructions

Please follow the installation instructions for LineageOS on z3. However, do not use the provided recovery and ROM links for the z3 but use the download links for the z3dual below.

Downloads

Source Code

The source code of LineageOS is available here. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    • The z3dual device tree is available here.
    • The kernel is based on V3.4 and source code for this device is available here. The used configuration is lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig available at arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_leo_defconfig in the kernel source.

Contributors

NeoArian, Mr.Tom_Tom

If you want to donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    However - I have now a working Z3 D6683 with your ROM !
    Would be happy to get more feedback if everything is working correctly. We could then think about building for D6683 as well.
    Thanks for porting Lineage 18.1 to D6633. I'm trying to install this to a D6683 which has had the following already done:
    1. Flashed D6633 23.5.A.1.291 stock OS using FlashTool (in the downloaded XperiFirm files, I deleted fwinfo.xml and manually selected D6683 in the FlashTool > Bundles > Create )
    2. Got root access with SuperSU with locked bootloader then backed up TA partition to preserve DRM keys.
    3. reboot into temporary TWRP (still with locked bootloader) and attempt adb sideload lineage 18.1 D6633
    When attempting to adb sideload Lineage 18.1 for the D6633 onto the D6683 device, TWRP returns an error: "E3004: This package is for device: z3dual; this device is ." (see attached screenshot).

The other screenshot of the About Phone screen is for general reference. Despite the phone actually being a D6683, the Model Number shows D6633. Also, to get a temporary TWRP running, the kernel was downgraded from 23.5.A.1.291 to 23.5.A.0.575 despite showing 23.5.A.1.291 in the Build Number. Under Kernel Version, it shows Apr 22 instead of June which supposedly means it is actually running 23.5.A.0.575

A couple of questions: Is it possible for me to get this Lineage 18.1 for D6633 image to work on this D6683 device somehow?
    My main question:
    Do I have to unlock the bootloader first and install TWRP permanently to the recovery partition? This question is why I'm writing this post here as I will only unlock the bootloader if I have to, assuming Lineage18.1 for D6633 can work on a D6683
    as far as i know, you must be on the latest official firmware available for your device, then use lineage recovery, not the twrp.
    then you can install this rom. i could install D6603 roms on my dual device so i guess you can install this rom on your device too.
    Thanks TheShadowOfAGhost20 for your help. Got Lineage 18.1 z3dual running with the recovery image you provided.
    Worth noting here in case others have an issue: The only hiccup I had with trying to flash and boot into the new Lineage recovery was this error: "fastboot: error: Couldn't parse partition size '0x'"
    I tried "fastboot flash:raw boot recovery.img" and was then able to reboot into Lineage custom recovery.
    Have now successfully installed Lineage 18.1 D6633 onto a D6683 and will test if the device works normally with LTE bands etc...
    Hi zpunout to flash the rom just flash the recovery on 1st post but not in recovery so type fastboot flash boot
    Or in recovery put the recovery.img in internal storage or sdcard and got to install image and go to where you put the file and flash it on boot and then reboot you will see los recovery and go to flash adb and side load and side load it from pc with gapps and magisk root
    Don't ues 23 build but ues this one https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/files/6330986/Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip and there you go