• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Google Pixel XL

Search This thread

jacktiew

Sep 16, 2019
Tested the ROM and it works like charm! Thanks dev.

I'm new to custom ROM, I have a question here. For the play store, is it possible to make it to be certified without magisk? For pixel experience ROM, it's certified automatically without doing anything? Thanks.

pinkfluid1

Oct 8, 2021
@npjohnson Not sure what you did with this ROM, but it's like night and day compared to vanilla lineage OS 17.1.
It literally feels like a brand new phone. Besides the general speed improvement (subjective), some long standing nuisances I had with LOS are just gone (paying with NFC is fast again, some minor bluetooth issues also seem to be fixed). One of the LOS update back in september completely broke all sensors (which is the reason I upgraded in the first place) and with this image they are working again flawlessly.

Reactions: npjohnson

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Finally I bit the bullet and flashed this rom today. All is good except Playstore is not certified and Safetynet check shows CTS fail. I am rooted with magisk v23. Any advise would be highly appreciated.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Tested the ROM and it works like charm! Thanks dev.

I'm new to custom ROM, I have a question here. For the play store, is it possible to make it to be certified without magisk? For pixel experience ROM, it's certified automatically without doing anything? Thanks.

Finally I bit the bullet and flashed this rom today. All is good except Playstore is not certified and Safetynet check shows CTS fail. I am rooted with magisk v23. Any advise would be highly appreciated.
Nope. MagiskHide maybe.

Or: hint, update to the next upcoming build without magisk installed :p

Reactions: fahisham72

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Am passing Safetynet now. Even though Magiskhide Props module showed I had the latest A10 fingerprint for Marlin, I still went ahead and selected the same in this module. This did the trick.

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
@npjohnson the ROM is very slick and usable. All my apps from A10 are working perfectly on this. Kudos to you.

Just one niggle (there has to be one 😀), the unremovable 'At A Glance' widget on the home screen only shows Day and date (Tuesday, 19 October) but doesn't show the temperature even though I have selected all options in its preferences, and also given all permissions to Google app.

I placed another 'At A Glance' widget somewhere else on the home screen and that one shows everything perfectly.

The problem is that the main widget is not removable else I would have replaced it. Could you please take a look at this. Thanks.

Reactions: npjohnson

pinkfluid1

Oct 8, 2021
I had some issues getting Android Auto to work - it just didn't want to connect to the HUD. The application showed some error that Android Auto was not bundled with the OS.

Sideloading the latest opengapps pico solved the issue though.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I had some issues getting Android Auto to work - it just didn't want to connect to the HUD. The application showed some error that Android Auto was not bundled with the OS.

Sideloading the latest opengapps pico solved the issue though.
ontop of this? That's a bad idea. Mismatching gapps.

Reactions: fahisham72

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Even I was thinking of flashing nano open gapps to get 'Hey Google' functionality. If this is not advised, how to get that functionality?

Also, battery drain is a bit much on 18.1 - phone is lasting about 60% the time it used to on 17.1.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Even I was thinking of flashing nano open gapps to get 'Hey Google' functionality. If this is not advised, how to get that functionality?

Also, battery drain is a bit much on 18.1 - phone is lasting about 60% the time it used to on 17.1.
nope, GApps have nothing to do with why it's broken. It's broken for a multitude of unfixable reasons.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Will you be exploring A12 for Marlin? I heard they have significantly lesser battery drain in A12.
Platform optimization only goes so far, most of it is in vendor, which is frozen for the most part for marlin/sailfish.

And yes, I plan to look into it, but I'm not touching 12 until the platform core support is up (hint: we're at least a month from that).

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
My phone is rooted and twrp 3.3.0.0 is installed. Everything else is stock LOS 18.1. Am seeing random reboots about once in 36 hours. The phone suddenly freezes and then reboots. Anybody else seeing this behaviour?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
My phone is rooted and twrp 3.3.0.0 is installed. Everything else is stock LOS 18.1. Am seeing random reboots about once in 36 hours. The phone suddenly freezes and then reboots. Anybody else seeing this behaviour?
I don't hit anything like that. I'd remove root/use Lineage recovery and see if it persists.

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
remind me where I can download this?
I found it on 2nd page.

Once I get my pixel 6 pro im gonna see about installing lineage os 18 on it

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
remind me where I can download this?
I found it on 2nd page.

Once I get my pixel 6 pro im gonna see about installing lineage os 18 on it
The OP literally links it lol - it links the wiki with full install instructions and download links.

As for the 6 Pro - uhhh what? It ships with Android 12, which will be LineageOS 19.0, and no one has ported LineageOS to it (yet).

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
The OP literally links it lol - it links the wiki with full install instructions and download links.

As for the 6 Pro - uhhh what? It ships with Android 12, which will be LineageOS 19.0, and no one has ported LineageOS to it (yet).
ooops I meant installing lineage os 18 on my pixel xl gen 1 once i get my 6 pro.

Also I looked and didnt see it lol. That why I asked. But I found it so ya.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is my unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Google Pixel XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/ViLTE/WFC) is nonfunctional due to incompatibilities with older proprietary binaries
    • Sound Trigger (Screen-off "Hey Google" detection) is nonfunctional due to incompatibilities with older proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them on this thread, and make sure to include logcat/dmesg as applicable.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in, alongside other Pixel goodies - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever. OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • This will likely never be official. At minimum, IMS would need to be fixed, and I haven't cracked it (yet). If you can get IMS working, please contact me, and we can work together!
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/npjohnson/android_kernel_google_marlin
    Anyone know if the PixelExperience Android 11 based version for Marlin has functional VoLTE ?
    If theirs works, maybe ask them how they did it ?
    (I recently ordered an extra SIM to test this in my spare Marlin - already loaded with PixelExperience, but won't get it for a few more days).
    My daily driver has been running great on the official LineageOS based on android 10 for a year, but I don't want to mess with that.

Please let me know cause I asked and no reply yet

None of the Android 11 ROMs have a working IMS/VoLTE module. This includes Pixel Experience and Pixel Dust.

Yes that I know. But if moto g6 can support fully android 11 why cant pixel xl? I know specs are different and moto g6 is not a/b partition.

Just tested new Verizon SIM and CDMA -1xRTT only, NOT LTE for the Mobile Voice Network Type. bummed ! but not unexpected, after reading others comments.

Ya im bummed after hearing this to since I am on verizon. But ya I expected it to not work as what been said over and over. But maybe one day. I guess lineage os 17.1 ftw.
    Collective response to all of these:

IMS (VoLTE/VoWIFI) doesn't work on 11 ROMs for sailfish/marlin - not PE, not Lineage, not anything at the moment.

Legacy devices have IMS die at some point usually - ours just broke sooner than expected.

I hope to fix it someday, but given it's an old proprietary implementation with no documentation, the chances are low.

G6 has more modern and compatible blobs to kang, and it _just to happens_ to work.

Tl;DR: Chances IMS will every work for marlin above Android 10 are really, really low.
    Just came by to say THANKS for your work. It is very stable and I've gone about 2 or 3 OTAs so far with zero issues.
    flashed the build 0817, great job, everything seems ok for my daily drive, thx @npjohnson for the hard working. some issues :
    1. my marlin switch to pixel launcher automatically even as set trebuchet as default launcher
    2. sRGB mode in developer settings not functional
    3. drain baterry a little bit higher than the stock ROM
    1. yeah trebuchet is only there as a stub for recent apps
    2. I just disabled it. It's not supported past android 10.
    3. I mean. Old device, old battery, more features, newer android version. Makes sense.
    where the download? I dont see it.
    Click the `marlin` link and it's in the wiki page contained in the instructions you should follow ;p
    Does this rom show device as a pixel 1? Need it for Google photos unlimited back up at original quality, if it shows a later pixel model it will affect backup
    Of course! Like all ROMs should - backup works fine on LineageOS.
    What Android Security Patch level does the latest version have?
    I build every month within 5 days of the ASB usually. June as of typing this.