Unofficial LineageOS 19.1 Android 12L

Search This thread

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
Did you do a clean install? Your issues sound similar to what I saw on my klte after dirty-flashing from the previous install (CrDroid or LOS 18.1, I'm not sure which anymore). After the clean install the only thing that is still noticeable is the occasional lag/unresponsiveness after wake-up and before unlocking. Interestingly, CrDroid was actually giving me random reboots etc, so I'm a little surprised it works better for you. The current 19.1 build is pretty stable here.
Hi, snsnse,
I had to do a clean installation through TWRP since the running system was crDroid-v8.2. I also flashed the GAPPS (I first tried opengapps-arm-12L-nano-20220705-UNOFFICIAL.zip and then tried MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605_111643.zip and in both cases the SIM card was not recognized). With crDroid-v8.2 I have never had unwanted reboots even though that build might not be as stable as LOS 19.1.
Is your SIM card really recognized at the very beginning of the setup or not? Do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 KLTE (SM-G900F)?

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
No. My system storage have not enough space for download 106 GB sources and build other rom
HI, Sir Khalvat,
I just wonder why you abandoned the development and maintenance of your crDroid ROM, which could ultimately come out as the best custom ROM built for all KLTE variants. BTW, do you know that you alone has up to now published an Android 12 ROM for the KLTE variants. None of the other well known competitors of crDroidAndroid have released a single build of the ROM. I really hope that one day I will be able to switch to LOS 19.1 and have Android 12.1 installed on my phone. Thanks a lot for maintaining and releasing nearly on a regular basis the LOS 19.1.

Reactions: Ben Garp

snsnse

Mar 11, 2016
Hi, snsnse,
I had to do a clean installation through TWRP since the running system was crDroid-v8.2. I also flashed the GAPPS (I first tried opengapps-arm-12L-nano-20220705-UNOFFICIAL.zip and then tried MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605_111643.zip and in both cases the SIM card was not recognized). With crDroid-v8.2 I have never had unwanted reboots even though that build might not be as stable as LOS 19.1.
Is your SIM card really recognized at the very beginning of the setup or not? Do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 KLTE (SM-G900F)?

Yes, I do have the klte (SM-G900F) variant. Is your SIM card not recognized occasionally or simply not recognized?

I never tried opengapps with this ROM, but since you also tried the recommended MindTheGapps, this can't be a factor.

Do you have the latest firmware installed for your region and provider? If not, it's available e.g. here, might be worth a shot.

You didn't post your entire installation procedure, here's what I usually do:
  • boot into latest TWRP
  • wipe cache, Dalvik, system, data
  • install LOS along with gapps, watch out for errors
  • wipe Cache, Dalvik
  • reboot (tap the boot logo to enable/speed up boot)
The only difference is that I clean-installed an earlier version of LOS and then kept updating.

If all this does not help, there's always the possibility of a hardware failure (SIM card or reader).

HTH

Last edited:

fakezorlend

Apr 1, 2021
Hello friends, I'm trying to clean install again, but after first boot it keeps automatically factoring reset nonstop. It never happened to me before, can anyone help ?

EDIT
Fixed the problem above and Mobile Data that didn't work by:
Steps I did
> Flash Stock by odin
> Flash TWRP
> Flash your latest model Modem by Odin CP Option from our friend haggertk( https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=325192)
> Remove SIM and stuff before first boot
> Clean flash latest Lineage ROM mine is (lineage-19.1-20220813-UNOFFICIAL-klteduos.zip)
> For first boot keep swiping samsung logo so it'll boot faster (explained on previous posts here)
>Edit and save the system build.prop by adding the code persist.sys.fflag.override.settings_provider_model=false
> For build.prop you need to root device and get Root Browser (to find build.prop and text edit it) or BuildProp Editor from PlayStore
>Reboot and have fun!

Thanks to everyone who shared bugs and fixes, specially to our friend khalvat who always answer us, now I can use 100% from my phone.

Last edited:

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
Yes, I do have the klte (SM-G900F) variant. Is your SIM card not recognized occasionally or simply not recognized?

I never tried opengapps with this ROM, but since you also tried the recommended MindTheGapps, this can't be a factor.

Do you have the latest firmware installed for your region and provider? If not, it's available e.g. here, might be worth a shot.

You didn't post your entire installation procedure, here's what I usually do:
  • boot into latest TWRP
  • wipe cache, Dalvik, system, data
  • install LOS along with gapps, watch out for errors
  • wipe Cache, Dalvik
  • reboot (tap the boot logo to enable/speed up boot)
The only difference is that I clean-installed an earlier version of LOS and then kept updating.

If all this does not help, there's always the possibility of a hardware failure (SIM card or reader).

HTH
Hi, snsnse,
I appreciate your suggestions for a solution to my issue with this build of LOS 19.1, but I prefer sticking to the crDroid v8.2 until the release of the next build. FYI, the baseband and the bootloader are up-to-date. I did pull out the SIM card, cleaned it and placed it again before trying a second time to flash the ROM. That did not help either.
You are just luckier than me (y)
(y)(y)

khalvat

Apr 10, 2015
Hi, snsnse,
I appreciate your suggestions for a solution to my issue with this build of LOS 19.1, but I prefer sticking to the crDroid v8.2 until the release of the next build. FYI, the baseband and the bootloader are up-to-date. I did pull out the SIM card, cleaned it and placed it again before trying a second time to flash the ROM. That did not help either.
You are just luckier than me (y)
(y)(y)
you should remove sim pin

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
Wasn't this fixed in the recent builds? And so far it only seemed to affect 4G functionality.

However, it's worth a try. As @khalvat said, remove the SIM card lock before installing the 19.1 ROM.
I will try that workaround and see if it helps. Thanks again for your involvement in finding a solution to the issue I am facing with this latest build of the ROM.(y)(y)(y)

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
you should remove sim pin
Hi, Sir,
I did what you suggested, and now I have an A12L as a running system in my venerable Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) KLTE with a recognized SIM card. Once again, many thanks for your guidance and for developing and maintaining the ROM for our beloved device.

You are simply THE BEST 💪💪💪💪💪

fakezorlend

Apr 1, 2021
My mobile data is working only on LTE and cant make calls. My signal is better on WCDMA mode and mobile data isn't activating but making calls work. I wanted WCDMA mode working for mobile data, any hints ? Like build.prop tweaks or something? Thanks in advance !

snsnse

Mar 11, 2016
Wasn't this fixed in the recent builds? And so far it only seemed to affect 4G functionality.

@khalvat, I'm so very appreciative of your work, bringing Android 12 to the klte variants.

But would you mind commenting on the klte SIM pin issue and whether it's still present (see also this post)?

As of now I'm still not sure whether it should have been addressed in the current builds, I assumed it was. But obviously that's not the case, at least not fully. If users (especially those new to this ROM) must keep that in mind, it'd be good to know and be mentioned under the bugs section in the initial post.

Thanks much!

jeremywh7

Sep 16, 2013
Indy
Motorola Atrix 4G
Moto X
Build 2022-08-11
Merged Aug security patch
Hey khalvat - thanks for these builds! I couldn't get the Aug build to boot - S5 klte w/ MtG and no SIM. I have updated many times previously w/o issue e.g. from lineage-19.1-20220608-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip to lineage-19.1-20220711-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip.

However, updating from the July build to lineage-19.1-20220811-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip resulting in being stuck on the LOS boot animation (I let it run over 40 minutes). Pulled battery and tried booting again - same thing. Then I did a clean install (w/ data format) and latest June MtG, same thing. Finally, I went back to recovery, installed the July build directly on top of that, and it booted to setup in 1.5 minutes (after the bootloader finger dance...), everything working fine again.

I've seen some report that the Aug klteduos build worked, but was unclear if anyone using klte got Aug to work?
Anyway, not a big deal, I'll see if a future build works... :)

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
Had the same problem! Tried several tests update over 202207, clean install, all ended in bootloop.
Reflashed july build and everything is OK now!
Hi Cap,
The latest released build for the SM-G900F KLTE does work. Just make sure you remove the SIM PIN under Settings ---> Security ---> SIM card lock before doing a clean installation. On my phone, I flashed lineage-19.1-20220811-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip with the unofficial opengapps nano you can obtain here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ae_5jUOVG-spr63T0jyBpj6n3Anh4xKL and my system is up and running without any noticeable issue since then. You are an experienced user. Give it a try again. Your contributions in hunting bugs are appreciated and always welcomed.

Have a lot of fun ....

Reactions: Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

Aug 4, 2018
Paris
Hi Cap,
The latest released build for the SM-G900F KLTE does work. Just make sure you remove the SIM PIN under Settings ---> Security ---> SIM card lock before doing a clean installation. On my phone, I flashed lineage-19.1-20220811-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip with the unofficial opengapps nano you can obtain here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ae_5jUOVG-spr63T0jyBpj6n3Anh4xKL and my system is up and running without any noticeable issue since then. You are an experienced user. Give it a try again. Your contributions in hunting bugs are appreciated and always welcomed.

Have a lot of fun ....
Hey gaindelioide, thanks for advices
I'm using MindtheGapps because i met problem with Opengapps and BitGapps at the lauch of this rom.
I'll be giving a try and let know. I'm busy with A13 on my Pixel !
Have fun on XDA☺️

Top Liked Posts