[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices

Search This thread

Rozay98

May 21, 2020
Hi just curious if I flashed something wrong or not I have the latest 19.1 booting and running fine but any DRM content seems to not play at all between hulu or tubi none of them play

Checked DRM info its coming back as widevine L1 and iv also tested with and without passing safetynet

Lanzelet

Jul 2, 2022
The 'update' program is not working for me, on windows 10 or linux mint (with working adb and fastboot). Is this step necessary? I was able to flash dtb, dtbo, and recovery from fastboot, and booted into recovery. But the side button didnt boot me back into recovery after formatting data, and I had to return a bricked device. It seems to be working for others, but I'm hesitant to risk another one. What am I doing wrong? On linux, I had to install libusb0.1-4, but it still says "world cup device not found". On windows, it says libusb0.dll is missing, and ones i dl from the internet arent working

Last edited:

Lanzelet

Jul 2, 2022
At Step 6 of "Installing a Custom Recovery", we need to type "fastboot reboot recovery", correct? I think this is where I messed up. We can't run "adb reboot recovery" because we are in fastboot mode. The side button doesn't take us to recovery, it takes us to aml usb burner mode or something (dopinder)

Meliorem

Jun 19, 2022
The 'update' program is not working for me, on windows 10 or linux mint (with working adb and fastboot). Is this step necessary? I was able to flash dtb, dtbo, and recovery from fastboot, and booted into recovery. But the side button didnt boot me back into recovery after formatting data, and I had to return a bricked device. It seems to be working for others, but I'm hesitant to risk another one. What am I doing wrong? On linux, I had to install libusb0.1-4, but it still says "world cup device not found". On windows, it says libusb0.dll is missing, and ones i dl from the internet arent working
You're like the third or fourth person in this thread to report that. Myself included (980). Wish I could help you but I don't know of any solution as there's been little to no response to the issue.
I'm only on Linux and asked if there are even world cup drivers for Linux because I searched online high & low for them and could only find them for Windows. (If the update script is meant to only work on Windows, that should ideally be specified somewhere.) So again, wish I could help but I have no further info.
At least you know you're not alone.

Lanzelet

Jul 2, 2022
I have had some limited success with recoverying a soft-bricked dopinder. After failing to boot recovery, my device was stuck on the logo screen with no fastboot or adb connection. Holding down the side button while rebooting also takes me to a logo screen (no fb/adb), but it's now finally recognized as a "World Cup device". So i try running the update program again. It still fails with this:

AmlUsbBulkCmd[fastboot]
usbReadFile len=512,ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [submit_async] submitting request failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
[AmlUsbRom]Err:return len=-1 < strLenBusy 11
[AmlUsbRom]Inf:bulkInReply
ERR: AmlUsbBulkCmd failed!

Now this is where it gets interesting. The device then reboots itself into fastboot mode. I flash the stock dtb, dtbo, recovery, and boot img's, type fastboot reboot, and the device is able to boot the stock firmware again.

beyondme0

Jul 4, 2022
1. Open up the case and take out the PCB. You can do this however you want but it seems like the easiest way to do it is with two plastic cards. Be careful along the edge where the button is because you can snap off the plastic bit and it'll be a lot harder to push the button.

2. Solder a USB to Serial adapter with the following pinout (except for VCC)

View attachment 5377401

3. Plug the adapter into your computer and open up a terminal program

4. Hold down control + C on your keyboard while plugging the box into your computer with micro USB. A lot of text should fly by then you should be met with 'g12a_u212_v1#'

5. Type fastboot and hit enter. Download the factory image if you haven't already. Before anything, do 'fastboot flash dtb dtb.img' then finally you can run flash_all.sh or just flash them all manually.

Edit: or just do what the post above says lol. That one didn't show up until I posted this.
Hello, is it possible to unbricked my devices if the screen is completely black with the method above, also, when i hold the bottonn them plug in the devices to my pc fast boot is not recognize at al like it used to.

Slimshady997

Jul 6, 2022
dónde where can I download the dtb and dtbo files? it's for dopinder, the folder it's supposed to have the files is empty.

lqtdc

Mar 24, 2010
Miami
Found a procedure for dopinder without the need for keyboard/OTG.

The docs under "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot" state to use "adb reboot fastboot" which doesn't work for booting recovery, needed to do "adb reboot bootloader" instead.

Full command log (after unlocking bootloader and re-enabling USB debugging) of the install process with just a regular Micro USB to USB A cable:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
adb reboot sideload
adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210805-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip
# if successful then load bootloader and factory reset
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

Successfully booted to LineageOS after this!
is this working on 19.1 version?

RiCkLaR

Dec 4, 2018
is this working on 19.1 version?
Follow the instructions for your device from the Odd Solutions Wiki (has been updated for 19.1) here:

For the basic command line inputs see this comment:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On an upside, Sabrina now boots
    Today is a somewhat special date: the first anniversary of this thread! 🥳🎂

Looks like it unexpectedly turned out to be a real development marathon, so certain persons here should be recognized for their perseverance, I think. But since the journey to the official release isn't over, it would be nice to get some kind of progress state report. Is the project still has some roadmap with particular milestones, or to date it's all about catching occasional bugs?
    Without dopinder, we intend to ship wade and Deadpool officially very soon.

Need to fix DRM on dopinder, then it can follow.

devkits and Sabrina will lag behind.
    lineage-19.1-20220720-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip

lasteat build still doesn't work streaming apps.

also what is 'lineage-19.1-20220720-boot-dopinder.img' for?
    i can not find about boot.img on install guide
    It's not going to be fixed until we figure it out.

We're actively trying to figure it out.

I will loudly announce on this thread when it is fixed.
    (dopinder) can't get Netflix to work. For me it's been that way for the past 6-7 builds. I was never able to get it to work. It says we're having trouble playing this title right now for all movies I select. I checked the guide and didn't see further pre requisites. Am I missing something?
    That zip cannot be sideloaded. You have to extract its contents and flash using fastboot or update.
    @p0werpl Thanks, I was able to restore my dopinder.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Amlogic G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:
    • deadpool - Google ADT-3
    • dopinder - Walmart Onn UHD Box
    • sabrina - Chromecast with Google TV - Broken at the moment - working on fixing it.
    • wade - Walmart Dynalink 4K Box
    We also support a few development boards, but at least (for now, until we have time to write up instructions), you're on your own to figure out the install process and set things up:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Recent apps doesn't work
    • (sabrina only) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
    • OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • bgcngm
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    • bgcngm
    Yeah, you used the stock recovery. You need to fastboot flash, then fastboot boot recovery, I'll update the docs.

For dopinder, it's needed right now.

Found a procedure for dopinder without the need for keyboard/OTG.

The docs under "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot" state to use "adb reboot fastboot" which doesn't work for booting recovery, needed to do "adb reboot bootloader" instead.

Full command log (after unlocking bootloader and re-enabling USB debugging) of the install process with just a regular Micro USB to USB A cable:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    adb reboot sideload
    adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210805-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip
    # if successful then load bootloader and factory reset
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot

Successfully booted to LineageOS after this!
    Note:

Since the Lineage Android TV Builds for this little box (aka Boxes), are stable for the most part, but seems
    people are bouncing back in forth from Stock to Lineage and back to stock.

I created a batch file that will auto flash the stock images and wipe data and so on.. pretty much it will
    make your box as it was when you first booted it after taking it home to try it.

2nd, I also created a batch file that will backup current images.. No need for a fancy recovery or anything like the
    such. it will use the worldcup or what I like to say, USB Burn mode, and backup each and every partition.
    as well as some not so much needed ones like, misc and metadata. (Just for giggles)..

backups will be copied to backup dir, I also created a separate batch file to restore your backup.

I am one that hates doing things the long way over and over, so I always create ways to make things simple
    in the future for people.

This way, you all can test your hearts out all the new lineages and still have your full Stock backup (including data).
    and restore back in forth as you wish.

I will upload the backup_restore zip package as soon as I can and with @npjohnson permission I will link
    in thread. Otherwise you will have to just DM/PM me and ill link you the location.

I am just trying to help the many that I seen complain and dont understand how to go back in forth.
    so with this script, it should take care of most on that. No Fancy Recovery needed...

you will need worldcup driver for Amlogic........ you can find that on your own.

Also, to get into USB Burn mode, press side button while plugging in USB cable.
    Keep pressing till you see the LOGO or hear the sound from your computer.

then just run the batch file and wait..

if its easier for you:

Run the batch file, it will keep saying waiting for device..
    Just press the side button while plugging in USB, when you see it start, then release button...........
    and wait till finished..

Only TESTED On Dopinder Boxes, but im sure they are all the same as for the partition layouts.
    I ultimately settled on 1126400000, gives ~1.1GB to the system and accommodates the app adjustments I've been making for my builds without tripping OpenGApps' space check for TV stock
    this ended up being _wayyyyy_ to much, as this is the full value of the partition vs just the space to reserve, both will work, but we want to split it amongst partitions. One of our guys recalculated it and got it working.

Should be good to build now from breakfast/extract-files (or syncing the muppets).

Only thing left is hardware OMX. Hopefully we can figure it out!
    It's been a month and a half since we discussed the possibility of the tablet-flavored (non-TV) release. It seems that the number of complaints has decreased and the basic quality of builds has improved enough to bother you again in this regard: are there any positive changes in this direction, or it is not worth expecting to get a full-featured Android on dopinder? (I'm still following this thread carefully to make a buying decision.)
    Eh, soon, sure.

I'll look into making a buildable target