Development [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

mikib1

Sep 12, 2011
Kraków
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
I see also Android Auto won't connect properly to the car (Seat Alhambra 2019) in a stock works perfect. But stock is not good as Lineage... And the problem is that I have no idea how to grab bug data to add for check what is the problem. It star but screen just pop up for a second and then close and car write that phone in not unlocked (but it is).

Maxi693

May 24, 2019
Como usted preguntó, terminé tratando de hacerlo funcionar al menos para mi caso de uso (navegador, correo electrónico, Telegram, emuladores).
La mejor experiencia fue configurar el DPI correcto con SecondScreen y usar Trebuchet como iniciador en lugar del modo de escritorio que se puede forzar desde las opciones de desarrollador. Con este enfoque, la pantalla externa se utiliza por completo y también hay una base para cambiar rápidamente de ventana proporcionada por Trebuchet.
El único inconveniente es que la multitarea está limitada a 2 aplicaciones una al lado de la otra, pero la mayoría de las aplicaciones parecen frenar cuando se fuerzan en Windows, por lo que no me parece un gran problema.
I have a problem how to configure the hdmi audio output? I connect it and it is heard with the mobile

Sep 28, 2020
(y) For our phone was released on October 04, 2022 OFFICIAL !!! Lineage OS.
Congratulations to you! 🤝

Contributors:

Thanks again for the great work! I've been using these builds daily since the release, the overall experience is amazing. However, I've had the weirdest stability issues since the official release that weren't there previously:
- Bluetooth disconnects devices randomly, sometimes requires a restart to reconnect
- The lockscreen freezes with a blank screen (flashlight gesture works in the background), always requires a restart to make the phone usable
I followed the official LineageOS tutorial for the install, everyting was the latest version, including the stock firmware. Is there anything more I should try?

Sep 28, 2020
Somenone knows how to solve this?

Wow, I even replied to the original question back then, and now I have the same problem... If I'm not mistaken, this means that there should be a specific official firmware that works well with Lineage. Maybe the devs could tell us, which OFW they test against?
I wish I had written down the exact version of the one that came with my device, as that worked without any issues. Now I flashed the latest one recommended by the Lenovo tool, but that produces the blank screen issue with Lineage.

TguindCry

Apr 17, 2022
Brasília
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Wow, I even replied to the original question back then, and now I have the same problem... If I'm not mistaken, this means that there should be a specific official firmware that works well with Lineage. Maybe the devs could tell us, which OFW they test against?
I wish I had written down the exact version of the one that came with my device, as that worked without any issues. Now I flashed the latest one recommended by the Lenovo tool, but that produces the blank screen issue with Lineage.
Can you say me what version worked well for you with Lineage?

Sep 28, 2020
Can you say me what version worked well for you with Lineage?
That's the problem... I have no idea what version that was. But I'm on a RETEU version now (XT2153-1_PSTAR_RETAIL_12_S1RAS32.41-20-16-6_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml), and that is causing issues. When I have time to test, I'll try the latest RETAIL version from here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/motorola/pstar/official/RETAIL/, as that seems the most generic.

EDIT: I messed up, the latest RETAIL and latest RETEU are the same file, so it won't matter. Maybe a previous one should be better? I'm not really sure what version would be worth trying.

TguindCry

Apr 17, 2022
Brasília
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
That's the problem... I have no idea what version that was. But I'm on a RETEU version now (XT2153-1_PSTAR_RETAIL_12_S1RAS32.41-20-16-6_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml), and that is causing issues. When I have time to test, I'll try the latest RETAIL version from here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/motorola/pstar/official/RETAIL/, as that seems the most generic.
I am already using It, the only glitch I noticed is that black screen issue. This glitch is very anoying so I would not recomend using It.

Sep 28, 2020
I am already using It, the only glitch I noticed is that black screen issue. This glitch is very anoying so I would not recomend using It.

There will be an answer eventually. I don't have much time lately, but if you do have time, you could try the latest release for a few regions from lolinet. I'd suggest the one corresponding to your own region, as well as RETAIL, RETEU_RS, and maybe RETGB. If the filenames are identical, don't bother. If the filenames are very similar, you could do an sha256 check on them to see if they are indeed different.

There are numerous tools for flashing official firmwares on Motorola devices, but let me know if you intend to do the testing and need help.

TguindCry

Apr 17, 2022
Brasília
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
There will be an answer eventually. I don't have much time lately, but if you do have time, you could try the latest release for a few regions from lolinet. I'd suggest the one corresponding to your own region, as well as RETAIL, RETEU_RS, and maybe RETGB. If the filenames are identical, don't bother. If the filenames are very similar, you could do an sha256 check on them to see if they are indeed different.

There are numerous tools for flashing official firmwares on Motorola devices, but let me know if you intend to do the testing and need help.
I will not test this, lack of time either.

Sep 28, 2020
I will not test this, lack of time either.

I bought my pstar during the summer, and official Android 12 support only came during August. I thought that the last Android 11 release might work better, so I installed the one corresponding to my region. I don't want to call it way too early, but it seems to be pretty stable so far.

So choose your region from here, and look for the newest release with an "11" in its name:

Flash that before installing LineageOS and stability should be better.

TguindCry

Apr 17, 2022
Brasília
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
I bought my pstar during the summer, and official Android 12 support only came during August. I thought that the last Android 11 release might work better, so I installed the one corresponding to my region. I don't want to call it way too early, but it seems to be pretty stable so far.

So choose your region from here, and look for the newest release with an "11" in its name:

Flash that before installing LineageOS and stability should be better.
I had this idea, but the glitch I said before was there too. It may be a problem of my device, but I don't know for sure.

Sep 28, 2020
I had this idea, but the glitch I said before was there too. It may be a problem of my device, but I don't know for sure.

It might be also related to the region, as the hardware itself is supposed to be the same. Except for the radios maybe, but if you nail down the rest, the radio firmware corresponding to your region can also be flashed separately.
Latest Android 11 from RETAIL is what works for my device, it may work for yours as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , is the function "ready for" still working ??

See here:
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • IMS
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth Audio
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • DAC
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Display out
    • Wireless display
    • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
    • a2dp offload

Flashing Instructions:

Go to the first (pre) release in the downloads, and download the boot.img, vendor_boot.img, dtbo.img and copy-partitions-20220222.zip
    • Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader or hold vol- and power when the phone is off)
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Use volume keys and power to reboot to recovery, or use
      Code:
      fastboot reboot recovery
    • If you dont have both slots populated, nows your chance:
      a) Enable adb sideload
      b) Flash the copy partitions script:
      Code:
      adb sideload copy-partitions-20220222.zip
    • Enable adb sideload and flash LineageOS:
      Code:
      adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220327-UNOFFICIAL-pstar.zip
      - replace zip name if needed -
    • Reboot to recovery: Advanced -> Reboot recovery
    • (Optional) Flash Gapps/Magisk:
      a) Enable adb sideload and:
      Code:
      adb sideload gapps.zip
      (similar for magisk)
    • Factory reset/format data
    • Reboot system
    • Profit

Edge 20 Pro Telegram group

Downloads:
    pstar releases here: github

Sources:
    Device Tree pstar: pstar
    Device Tree sm8250-common: sm8250-common
    Kernel: sm8250
    Vendor: motorola
    lineage-19.1 branches

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for the Motorola Edge 20 Pro, ROM for the Motorola Edge 20 Pro

Contributors
    SGCMarkus
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 11
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Does someone know when an official build wil come out?
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless). Also dump /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pstore and attach that
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Release 27.03.2022 (LOS19)
    - First public release
    (y) For our phone was released on October 04, 2022 OFFICIAL !!! Lineage OS.
    Congratulations to you! 🤝

Contributors: