Development [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

supeople

Jul 12, 2022
Hey, bro, I found a bug after brushing this system, that is, the status bar shows that the battery consumption is 0, but the power read by the settings is normal; first of all, the status bar shows the normal power at the beginning. Second, I don't know if it's because I set up my phone, or third, I uninstalled Google after I failed to install it, fourth, or something else. becomes 0. The above is the text translated by Google, there may be some words that are not expressive, please understand!

supeople

Jul 12, 2022
Hey, bro, I found a bug after brushing this system, that is, the status bar shows that the battery consumption is 0, but the power read by the settings is normal; first of all, the status bar shows the normal power at the beginning. Second, I don't know if it's because I set up my phone, or third, I uninstalled Google after I failed to install it, fourth, or something else. becomes 0. The above is the text translated by Google, there may be some words that are not expressive, please understand!
There is also a very serious problem, that is, sometimes the fingerprint unlocks the screen, sometimes it will trigger a bug, that is, the phone screen cannot be turned on, but I can turn on the flash with a shake. Later, I set double tap to wake up the screen, but still can't turn on the screen.

Reactions: LSS4181

supeople

Jul 12, 2022
Hi all,

Does this ROM support double tap to wake, Safetynet pass and Widevine L1?

How's it running?

Thanks
正常使用时可以双击唤醒,但触发bug时不能使用此功能。详情请看我下面的回复。

Mod translation: You can double-click to wake up during normal use, but you can't use this feature when the bug is triggered. Please see my reply below for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 28, 2020
Moto Edge 30 Pro
There is also a very serious problem, that is, sometimes the fingerprint unlocks the screen, sometimes it will trigger a bug, that is, the phone screen cannot be turned on, but I can turn on the flash with a shake. Later, I set double tap to wake up the screen, but still can't turn on the screen.

Is there anything else needed to trigger the bug? I've been using this ROM for a few weeks now, and I haven't encountered this issue.

supeople

Jul 12, 2022
是否需要其他任何东西来触发错误?我已经使用这个ROM几个星期了,我还没有遇到这个问题。
即手机长时间处于待机状态,容易触发。举个例子,如果我按住屏幕一晚,第二天醒来用指纹打开手机,就很容易触发这个bug

**Translation provided**

That is, the mobile phone is in the standby state for a long time, which is easy to trigger. For example, if I hold down the screen for one night and wake up the next day to turn on the phone with my fingerprint, it's easy to trigger the bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 28, 2020
Moto Edge 30 Pro
即手机长时间处于待机状态,容易触发。举个例子,如果我按住屏幕一晚,第二天醒来用指纹打开手机,就很容易触发这个bug。
Translation: That is, the mobile phone is in the standby state for a long time, which is easy to trigger. For example, if I hold down the screen for one night and wake up the next day to turn on the phone with my fingerprint, it is easy to trigger this.

Reply: Interesting, I'm also leaving the screen off for each night and nothing like this has happened. I'm not using GAPPS though, which might be an important difference here. Otherwise I'd suggest trying a fresh install after a complete wipe of the phone.

cococooker

Jun 18, 2022
Realme X2
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
即手机长时间处于待机状态,容易触发。举个例子,如果我按住屏幕一晚,第二天醒来用指纹打开手机,就很容易触发这个bug

**Translation provided**

That is, the mobile phone is in the standby state for a long time, which is easy to trigger. For example, if I hold down the screen for one night and wake up the next day to turn on the phone with my fingerprint, it's easy to trigger the bug.

Change your Wechat battery usage from unrestricted to optimized.

Sep 28, 2020
Moto Edge 30 Pro
does "Ready for" work??

First of all, the display output feature is working well, I've successfully used it with several type-C docks.

Second, the Ready For feature itself is proprietary to Motorola's own Android spin, so that application cannot be installed on Lineage.
However, there are some libre alternatives that can be used to achieve similar functionality: DPI can be changed using SecondScreen to match your external display, and Taskbar can enhance the experience of switching between apps opened in movable windows.

Reactions: LaurenceGough
Sep 28, 2020
Moto Edge 30 Pro
okey
gracias
I'll keep it in mind

Since you asked, I ended up trying to get it working at least for my use case (browser, e-mail, Telegram, emulators).
The best experience was just setting the correct DPI with SecondScreen, and using Trebuchet as the launcher instead of the desktop mode that can be forced from the developer options. With this approach, the external screen is fully utilized, and there's also a dock for quick window switching provided by Trebuchet.
The only downside is that multitasking is limited to 2 side-by-side applications, but most apps seem to brake when forced into windows, so that doesn't seem that huge of a problem to me.

Maxi693

May 24, 2019
Como usted preguntó, terminé tratando de hacerlo funcionar al menos para mi caso de uso (navegador, correo electrónico, Telegram, emuladores).
La mejor experiencia fue configurar el DPI correcto con SecondScreen y usar Trebuchet como iniciador en lugar del modo de escritorio que se puede forzar desde las opciones de desarrollador. Con este enfoque, la pantalla externa se utiliza por completo y también hay una base para cambiar rápidamente de ventana proporcionada por Trebuchet.
El único inconveniente es que la multitarea está limitada a 2 aplicaciones una al lado de la otra, pero la mayoría de las aplicaciones parecen frenar cuando se fuerzan en Windows, por lo que no me parece un gran problema.
Thanks for the data always use lineage os on all terminals you use now i am interested for this device.

sorry for my English written through google translate

Ezreal_HD

Feb 21, 2017
Brest
Greetings to all, how to fix this problem in the firmware? Ruth did not install, but the safety net test does not pass. I also have a problem with the brightness of the screen when the phone reaches below 15%, the screen starts to flicker as a result for good and goes out, as far as I could figure out the problem in the LiveDisplay itself, when you turn it off, there are no problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-022132_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220818-022132_Trebuchet.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 35
Sep 28, 2020
Moto Edge 30 Pro
Greetings to all, how to fix this problem in the firmware? Ruth did not install, but the safety net test does not pass. I also have a problem with the brightness of the screen when the phone reaches below 15%, the screen starts to flicker as a result for good and goes out, as far as I could figure out the problem in the LiveDisplay itself, when you turn it off, there are no problems.

Safetynet requires Google applications (GAPPS) to be installed. I haven't personally tested it on this device specifically, but this is the case in general.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • IMS
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth Audio
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • DAC
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Display out
    • Wireless display
    • Selinux enforcing

What's not working:
    • a2dp offload

Flashing Instructions:

Go to the first (pre) release in the downloads, and download the boot.img, vendor_boot.img, dtbo.img and copy-partitions-20220222.zip
    • Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader or hold vol- and power when the phone is off)
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Use volume keys and power to reboot to recovery, or use
      Code:
      fastboot reboot recovery
    • If you dont have both slots populated, nows your chance:
      a) Enable adb sideload
      b) Flash the copy partitions script:
      Code:
      adb sideload copy-partitions-20220222.zip
    • Enable adb sideload and flash LineageOS:
      Code:
      adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220327-UNOFFICIAL-pstar.zip
      - replace zip name if needed -
    • Reboot to recovery: Advanced -> Reboot recovery
    • (Optional) Flash Gapps/Magisk:
      a) Enable adb sideload and:
      Code:
      adb sideload gapps.zip
      (similar for magisk)
    • Factory reset/format data
    • Reboot system
    • Profit

Edge 20 Pro Telegram group

Downloads:
    pstar releases here: github

Sources:
    Device Tree pstar: pstar
    Device Tree sm8250-common: sm8250-common
    Kernel: sm8250
    Vendor: motorola
    lineage-19.1 branches

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for the Motorola Edge 20 Pro, ROM for the Motorola Edge 20 Pro

Contributors
    SGCMarkus
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 11
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Does someone know when an official build wil come out?
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless). Also dump /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pstore and attach that
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Release 27.03.2022 (LOS19)
    - First public release
    (y) For our phone was released on October 04, 2022 OFFICIAL !!! Lineage OS.
    Congratulations to you! 🤝

Contributors:
    Has the black screen issue been fixed on the 20230103 build? i have been flashing lineage every week with no luck. Never had that issue before it going official.

Also, why is there not a dedicated thread for it?
    Indeed. Guess it should deserve its own thread, though it's going to take time to review all what I've found.

Should apply to both Lineage and LMODroid as they appear to be based on the same tree. The latter keeps USB debugging turned on by default, making it more trivial to obtain information about the problem.

EDIT: Here it is. Actually, with LMODroid 20230107, I found something new in the logcat that were not present before.