- Hello guys, Just I'd like to share my thoughts with you regarding not releasing of the next official version of this ROM to our device after 18.1 due to the AOSP’s removal of IPTables in favor of eBPF which is much more efficient kernel side implementation as stated before.
- As per my knowledge, the IPTables is a firewall program that is built into the Linux kernel and it is a default module in AOSP.
- So, what if we disabled this default firewall and use a third-party one, can this solve the problem or even part of the problem?
- Generally, we can do that in Linux servers but I am not sure if this is applicable in AOSP or not and what will be the impact.
- I can see many firewall applications (free or paid) that can help for your reference:
An Android firewall helps monitor and control the internet connections your phone makes. Here are the best firewalls for Android.
- Please correct me if there is something wrong/unclear with my understanding and thanks in advance.