[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Essential Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hello Friends,

I think I have everything working. However I see an oddity. Google Chrome and Brave both show Android 10 while the About Phone shows Android 13. Is this normal or should I start over?

Thank you!

Yeah, that's quite normal so there is no need to worry.
Chrome Canary does show precisely the same thing.
The reason it showed this is because I spoof some things for safety net

Reactions: izombiev

Sprunglicious

Sep 17, 2022
I have been following the wiki. The devices folder does not contain the essential folder with mata. I was wondering where you are hosting the device configuration files. As, I was going to use the script to extract the proprietary blobs, but there is no script to find. Thank you in advance.

Sprunglicious.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I have been following the wiki. The devices folder does not contain the essential folder with mata. I was wondering where you are hosting the device configuration files. As, I was going to use the script to extract the proprietary blobs, but there is no script to find. Thank you in advance.

Sprunglicious.
"the essential folder" - what?

Are you trying to build for yourself?

From the official sources?

Sprunglicious

Sep 17, 2022
"the essential folder" - what?

Are you trying to build for yourself?

From the official sources?
Yes. I'm trying to build lineage 20 for myself. I was noticed on GitHub there was the lineage 20 branch. I am wanting to build simply as a learning experiment, so I can say I did it. Once I do that, I think I can convince myself it is worth putting more time into, as it is for sure motivating!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Yes. I'm trying to build lineage 20 for myself. I was noticed on GitHub there was the lineage 20 branch. I am wanting to build simply as a learning experiment, so I can say I did it. Once I do that, I think I can convince myself it is worth putting more time into, as it is for sure motivating!
You can follow the build guide. It will just work.

You missed the section about extracting proprietary files, but to save yourself some time, just sync this GitHub.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_essential_mata to vendor/essential/mata

Zargone

Sep 30, 2013
Scottsdale
Hello Friends,
Since tis is not an official build, it seems I should not post on Wiki so here are two I THINK:
Note I have no other phone using Android 13 to check with.

1. The phone doesn't know it's phone number:
Go to Settings-> About Phone -> Phone number -- on my phone it says "Unknown"
I CAN make and receive phone calls.

2. I am attaching two files. One shows two emails apps grouped together.

First screenshot shows the state without clicking on the Message Group, the Message Waiting DOT is above MS Outlook.
Second screenshot shows the sate after clicking on the Message Group. Note the Message Waiting DOT is now above Gmail where the actual message is located.

Attachments

• 1 Before Clicking on Message Group.png
    1 Before Clicking on Message Group.png
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • 2. After clicking on Message Group.png
    2. After clicking on Message Group.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

izombiev

Jan 6, 2017
Hello Friends,
Since tis is not an official build, it seems I should not post on Wiki so here are two I THINK:
Note I have no other phone using Android 13 to check with.

1. The phone doesn't know it's phone number:
Go to Settings-> About Phone -> Phone number -- on my phone it says "Unknown"
I CAN make and receive phone calls.

2. I am attaching two files. One shows two emails apps grouped together.

First screenshot shows the state without clicking on the Message Group, the Message Waiting DOT is above MS Outlook.
Second screenshot shows the sate after clicking on the Message Group. Note the Message Waiting DOT is now above Gmail where the actual message is located.
1. You should link your phone number, the actual one you are currently using on your device to your Google account.
2. If you take a deep look at Gmail's dot, it is set in the right upper corner and so is when the folder is closed.

Sprunglicious

Sep 17, 2022
I wanted to let people know of a bug that could effect people in their day to day usage. Don't use super high wattage wired chargers that weren't designed for the device. It causes issues with the screen/lock screen responding. The only way to fix it is rebooting a few times and then being patient for it to fix itself AFTER unplugging it. Use a lower wattage charger and be sensible. I learned this through firsthand experience. If you want pictures, let me know.

Reactions: hedgecore44

morphius88

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I wanted to let people know of a bug that could effect people in their day to day usage. Don't use super high wattage wired chargers that weren't designed for the device. It causes issues with the screen/lock screen responding. The only way to fix it is rebooting a few times and then being patient for it to fix itself AFTER unplugging it. Use a lower wattage charger and be sensible. I learned this through firsthand experience. If you want pictures, let me know.
How much wattage are we talking? I am using a 45W third party charger without issue

izombiev

Jan 6, 2017
Hi! I want to report this bug which, if I'm not mistaken, has affected every single custom rom since the very early release of this phone. Mic stops working all of a sudden. No matter what you do, it'll stop functioning a few hours after booting up and it's annoying, really annoying. Is there any workaround?

Reactions: Sprunglicious

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
You can follow the build guide. It will just work.

You missed the section about extracting proprietary files, but to save yourself some time, just sync this GitHub.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_essential_mata to vendor/essential/mata
download links for the latest 0323 version (including recovery) on github are broken, kindly look into them, many thanks.

Zargone

Sep 30, 2013
Scottsdale
Hello Friends,
Where can we see the list of currently known bugs? I hate reporting things already known.
But, I will mention this because it affects me every day:
If you turn off Auto Rotation, there is no way to rotate the screen. The widget or button what ever you want to call it never shows up.

Here is something that is update related.
Two things happened at the same time:
1. Seedvault - Backup error. When I click on "FIX" It gives me a list of 12 word recovery (different each time). However these are for recovery not the actual backup. Hmmm.
2. The March update will not download. I think this is being addressed already.

Thanks for a GREAT ROM!

Jim

izombiev

Jan 6, 2017
Hi! I want to report this bug which, if I'm not mistaken, has affected every single custom rom since the very early release of this phone. Mic stops working all of a sudden. No matter what you do, it'll stop functioning a few hours after booting up and it's annoying, really annoying. Is there any workaround?
Regarding this, I must mention that this is NOT happening on LOS 19.1

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
This used to happen to me on the 19.1 rom only if I used one of the gcam ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    I know we are not supposed to ask, but sorry I can't resist. Any ETA of when will the official for Mata roll out?
    we're ready, just pending code-review from other maintainers.
    I usually don't post much on XDA but I have to give thanks to Nolan, Tomtoms, and everyone else here posting about essential PH-1. Absolutely the best maintainers in my experience going back more than a decade. I have used oneplus, samsung, & google devices during that span; the majority of the time with those custom rom versions I have had less than stellar experiences with those devices. I've been stalking these threads for 2-3 years now. I've never been disappointed.

It's truly amazing how this device is still alive and performing like its brand new.

Now we have to pray that google doesn't force AV1 hardware encoding for android 14. Keep your fingers crossed.

Peace.
    2nd that. I also like that they respond to queries. I have seen other threads where some maintainers don't bother or if they do, they will sometimes in a condescending tone.
    Official builds will roll Monday!
    same, no BT audio routing to wireless. on other phones a setting can be changed in dev options to fix it but it's greyed out on my ph1.
    Think I fixed it for the next build.